The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#76 2009-11-16 16:05:11

Cratys
Website

Re: Bonder.....but a were,lycan?

How did I know he was being sarcastic...anyways I think I should say something before busboy does. Ehehememememememememem....ehem, "Topic please"

oooh that was fun. >.> <.<

I'd start a new thread on this topic if you want to continue it.

#77 2009-11-16 16:08:10

Talissa

Thanks for the info, though your story does resemble something I read/heard somewhere. Though I don,t know where I got that...

As for races dissapearing from earth without trace I agree, many things have come and gone from earth. Though  if you check the elenari websites which give a recollection of their past, its possible to determine an approximate time where they were on earth. They basically were there after the dinosaurs but before homosapiens.  They were strong on earth just before mankind gained sentience. Their civilisation didn't last long after that, though you can find "probable" signs they were here in caverns where cavemen drew things. Instances of flying gods and such.

So their DNA dissapeared around that time, which in theory (of course) would mean that traces would have been found of bones not matching your average caveman but dating the same age... Or items, or anything not fiting with that era but carbon dated to the proper age.

We now return this thread to its original owner, meaning poly weres... smile

Last edited by Talissa (2009-11-16 16:08:57)

#78 2009-11-16 16:17:31

Exanimis
Just an Old Dog

Although I may have gone a little overboard, my post actually was on topic. We believe what we chose to believe and it is as simple as that. You can choose to believe in a god or gods, You can choose to believe in evolution and that man in all his great wisdom can solve all the secrets of the universe through Physics. Believe me when I say that I love physics. You can choose to believe in a giant magical worm if you are so inclined. My point is, What makes you so right that you feel you have the right to simply dismiss someone else's beliefs.

The physicist has his theories to back his proof

The Christian has his bible to back his proof

If you can say to yourself that either group is closed minded and wrong, then you have closed your mind to possibilities.

There is sorrow enough in the natural way From men and women to fill our day;
And when we are certain of sorrow in store, Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
from"The Power of the Dog" by Rudyard Kipling

#79 2009-11-16 16:35:34

drkgryfur
crazy wolf
Website

some deep magic talk went on here...

anyway back on topic...i agree picutre/ proff or im skeptical about somone shifting.....

1nor·mal \ˈnȯr-məl\
adjective
1 : strictly a matter of one's opinion
— nor·mal·i·ty — nor·mal·ly

#80 2009-11-16 16:38:41

Midnight-Vixen

drkgryfur wrote:

some deep magic talk went on here...

anyway back on topic...i agree picutre/ proff or im skeptical about somone shifting.....

Thank you, gry.

By the time you have finished reading this, you will realize that you have just wasted five seconds of your life. ^_^

#81 2009-11-16 16:42:00

drkgryfur
crazy wolf
Website

keepin it real!!!!!!!
XD

1nor·mal \ˈnȯr-məl\
adjective

#82 2009-11-16 17:01:39

Exanimis
Just an Old Dog

Nothing wrong with being skeptical. But seriously, what would a picture or a video prove?  Google UFO and you will literally get millions of photo's and video's.

I'm not saying that you should believe that the OP can p_shift into anything he can touch. I'm just saying that if he believes it, Why do we feel a need to take that from him? Think about this for a second, you are on a werewolf website forum.

I believe in Physics and that science can solve most questions. I also believe in God and Jesus Christ. I believe in evolution and I believe in werewolves. I do not believe in vampires as anything more than a myth and I do not believe that life only exists here on Earth.

You don't have to agree with me, you don't have to believe in any of the things that I believe in. All I expect is that you respect my basic human right to believe what I choose to believe.

I do not believe that the original poster of this thread can p-shift into anything he touches. I simply respect his right to believe it. It is not my place to attempt to prove him wrong.

#83 2009-11-16 17:09:17

drkgryfur
crazy wolf
Website

funny thing even if i saw i picture i would like "yeah that a photochop" tongue

and i also agree with you there you can believe in whatever you want...thats the beauty of a free mind big_smile

Last edited by drkgryfur (2009-11-16 17:14:44)

1nor·mal \ˈnȯr-məl\
adjective

#84 2009-11-16 22:48:10

WolfVanZandt
Website

Exanimis, we are on a Werewolf Movie fan website, not a Werewolf website, and there are quite a few people that role play and that's acceptable here (there are a few sections where people are not supposed to role play).

But there's three ways it can hurt.

1) People who maintain they can p-shift to get attention trivialize the life experience of people who actually are Werewolves.

2) Living an escapist fantasy is rather bad for a person's mental health.

3) People who are rather gullible might actually believe them, thus leading them to waste large amounts of time and effort on a dead end.

It's a big kick on the Internet to make people do foolish things. People who feel that they have little personal power can get on the Internet and "make people do things" which makes them feel special. That's the whole kick of chain mail ("If you really love Jesus you'll send this chain letter to 12 other people and in return you'll get lots of luck."). And that's why people make ridiculous claims. When people ooh and ahh, they say, "Snork, you'll believe anything, won't you?"

So, no, I don't like to hear people make claims that they can't back up because there's a huge chance they're just exploiting others.

If it's a lie then it's a lie. Lies are not good. They do damage.

#85 2009-11-16 23:15:08

Exanimis
Just an Old Dog

I did do a search of the site looking for a TOS but found none. I posted on one thread asking if certain things are allowed.   

1: My apologies if I misunderstood. I didn't know that there is a culture who believe themselves to be real werewolves.

2: living an escapist life can be dangerous in extremes. We all live an escapist life each time we watch a movie, read a book or play a video game.

3: People can be extremely gullible, as P.T.Barnum said "There's a sucker born every minute." I have to admit that I sometime forget that and as a result of reading your post I will be spending some time reconsidering the story I have been telling. I may remove the posts altogether. I enjoy telling stories and telling them in a way that makes them seem real. I meant no harm with what I have written, it was all in fun.

#86 2009-11-17 00:40:19

Exanimis
Just an Old Dog

To WolfVanZandt.

Shortly after reading your last comment I received an e-mail from someone who has been reading my story, to my surprise, they believe it. This was something that I had not even considered. I have been writing the story and responding to questions in a way that I felt would make the story as real as possible. As Einstein said when asked what he thought about his theories, " I never thought people would take them so much more seriously than I did."

I will attempt to have the story moved to the proper area of the forum and would like to thank you personally for bringing this to my attention.

#87 2009-11-17 02:00:15

WolfVanZandt
Website

Generally, when there's discussion about Therians, that's not role playing. This particular section, I think, is sorta borderline. But people do have serious discussion here so there needs to be some distinction between the RPGing and the serious discussion. The one on therianthropy is the one that doesn't involve role playing.

As for living escapist fantasies, when people watch movies, most of them keep them in their heads where they belong. When they don't separate their fantasies from real life, that's when things go badly wrong. I've known people in role playing groups that never leave their roles - they tend to be very unhappy, maladaptive individuals.

I realize that this is not a website for Werewolves and the fans do need a place like this. That's why I don't usually respond to these posts that are obviously fictitious. What I was responding to was the idea that "I'm just saying that if he believes it, Why do we feel a need to take that from him?"

And I listed several reasons to point out the problem. I'll give a very extreme  hypothetical, though (because extreme cases are more clearly illustrative). Let's say a person kills someone and, in court they claim to be a Werewolf and they couldn't help themselves. If that hit the media, what do you figure that would do to the Therian community. Pulling back to a little more realistic case, there have been a few documentaries about us. A couple were responsible and used average Therians. The others used as marginal and sensationalistic cases as possible. People watching those are already being turned against the Were community. If they ever meet a Therian ( and they know that it's a Therian) their minds are already set. They know already what kind of freaks we are (although their misinformed and they really don't know us at all). If the only "Werewolf" a person knows is a person who's just lost in their fantasies, then they're going to think that all there is to the Were community is people who are lost in their fantasies. We really don't need that.

#88 2009-12-20 22:27:46

aledrain
Website

Ok.... this site is just for people who like the idea that there might be werewolves, but none of us are physically wereanimals? am i correct, or is this just a site with alot of crazy people....:--///

The surface of dreams is broken,
The picture of the past is shaken and scattered.
Fluent, active figures of men pass along the railway, and I am woken
From the dreams that the distance flattered.

Board footer