The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-16 13:08:40

Talissa

A little help on being werecat!

Ok this is going to require some form of explanations.

I am many many things, I have lived on earth for a number of lifetimes I can't even remember though I was there as an observer when the Elenari arrived on earth ...

Ok gonna try and make this short, but you will have to take this at face value as its not what I want to discuss...

My soul was created long ago by the Goddess  Ma'at. I was her Great High Priestess in Ancient Egypt, which basically means she would be my "Mother" of sorts. My "Father" if you will is a dragon, which makes me half dragon, half something I can't really describe.  I also am a Vampire (psychic) due to various circumstances that are out of the scope of this discussion, leave it to say that it was for duty and not pleasure that this was done to me.

Now, as history have proven most beings even remotely close to the gods of egypt have always had a sort of Totem Animal, but this was not the case for me until very recently. And this is what I need help with.

About 6 years ago I lost a cat, he was everything to me, I loved him terribly. He simply stopped eating one day and we couldn't save him. After 3 months, he asked me himself to "let him go". The look he gave me when he asked this with his eyes was so filled with pain that I couldn't refuse him. 5 years later, something weird happened.

I had a dream of a old American Indian man, I was in a homeless shelter and some human army wanted to attack and kill everyone in the shelter. This old man, looked like he belonged in the 1700's or so. He had long loose salt and pepper hair, a very muscular and healthy body. Though is face showed someone in his 60's, his body was as health as a man of no more then 25 or so. He asked me if I reallly wanted to do this, and I wanted it. I had to defend those people at all costs. I asked him to do it. He told me to bend down on all 4's, and offer him my cupped hand. I initially put my right hand over my left but he told me to put the left hand on top. He transformed into a panther, he was magnificient btw, and licked my cupped left palm. I immediatly turned into a hybrid werepanther (humanoid werepanther if you want to determine the look).

I totally decimated the attackers, running faster then the eye could see. The last man, I think it was the leader, I ripped his heart out. I knew that if I ate it there was no turning back, the decision was made. I didn't hesitate and ate it. Then I heard the old man's voice say "The choice as been made" then I woke up. The dream itself was just that, though it was induced by the old man, who was actually an existing being, though he does not exist on the prime material plane(earth). My best guess and gut feeling is that this was one of the American Indian Spirits, sent by someone to bring me a gift.

3 days later I was thinking suddenly about my old dead cat. When I heard "purring" in my head, litteraly as if my hears could listen to the sound. I looked around and no cat was around. Then it hit me, my old cat was there, within me.

Now, things have evolved as it has adapted to my personallity. It has grown into the hybrid form I saw in my dreams, and I can now have psychic chats with it.  The point I need help with are some feelings. I am currently in a heavy depression and have been  unable to do pretty much anything for the past 3 months (I'm even on a medical leave of absence from work). The point I am currently struggling with is this. My animal side, which was somewhat partly dormant has been awakened by the merging with my new spirit animal guide(my old cat), and this part of me yearns for the hunt, the feeling of running in the wild as the animal that I should be, hunting a prey and catching it. My human mind knows full well this will not happen, but the feeling of loss is terrible and keeps pulling me back into depressive tendancies.

I am usually not one to ask for help, as I'm a pretty much reserved on all those subjects, but here this is new to me and I'm having a hard time finding ways to cope with all those emotions.

As some have said, it has come to the point where I feel my cat spirit form just under my skin, my cat spirit friend has taken my personnality and gender into herself and we share many points. She has evolved from a house cat into a formidable hunter. Though my body won't follow smile

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide helpful hints...

Last edited by Talissa (2009-11-16 13:15:20)

#2 2009-11-16 13:54:23

Midnight-Vixen

Re: A little help on being werecat!

The sense of being a "were"anything is not what you think it is. You are probably inclined to believe what Hollywood has made of were-beings, not what you actually are, if you even are.

A "werecat" is simply you seeing something in the animal that you can associate with. As for transforming or whatever, it simply doesn't happen. You might be able to associate with things, whatever it may be, but other than that, that's it.

Now, if you want to get further answers, your best bet is to wait a bit and try to pose your question again for the experts, which I promise you, I'm not. Simply your average vampire, not a all-knowing master of anything "were".

By the time you have finished reading this, you will realize that you have just wasted five seconds of your life. ^_^

#3 2009-11-16 14:16:30

Talissa

Midnight-Vixen wrote:

The sense of being a "were"anything is not what you think it is. You are probably inclined to believe what Hollywood has made of were-beings, not what you actually are, if you even are.

A "werecat" is simply you seeing something in the animal that you can associate with. As for transforming or whatever, it simply doesn't happen. You might be able to associate with things, whatever it may be, but other than that, that's it.

Now, if you want to get further answers, your best bet is to wait a bit and try to pose your question again for the experts, which I promise you, I'm not. Simply your average vampire, not a all-knowing master of anything "were".

Trust me smile I've lived enough lifetimes, learned a enough to know the difference between imagination and true metaphysical events. I am clairsentient, which basically means instead of hearing or seeing telepatically, I take in emotions, thoughts in pure energy form and recreate them in my mind. This is the most complex form of telepathy, which often requires a lot of though to differentiate fantasy from telepathy.

And this here is true. Though I am not a werecat per say. You could compare it more to what the shamans of old could do (several thousand years ago). Then, most of them had a Spirit animal guide with and within them. Often this animal would be one that had befriended them when they were very young but had since died. Or passed on through family lines. Anyhow, it is rumored (again no photographic proof possible back then  tongue ) that they could assume the form of that spirit animal, by letting it take over their own mind and bodies, through magical rituals and attunement. The bonding with their spirit animal would change them very profondly, and most of the time, the human shaman would show a tendancy to act like his animal counterpart, taking ITS instinctive mental habits. This is close to being a were, but not exactly the same thing. Its like the difference between (use your imagination here smile ) an infected were (like in the movies) and someone born of were parents, thus that person would be born with an animal counterpart to its human personality. Here I am using this as an example to explain my point, not to take it at face value.

What I am living is pretty close to that, my cat has become my spirit animal guide somehow. It wants to come out, but of course its not possible (if it ever was). So the emotions we both get are very strong and depressing... sad

Its a bit like being a bird who has lost its wings and yearns every waking moment to return to the skies.

Last edited by Talissa (2009-11-16 14:29:32)

#4 2009-11-16 15:18:51

Cratys
Website

As far as dealing with emotions, i don't think it has anything to do with the spiritual aspect of your being according to what you described. I would try mediating and in the meditative state assume whatever form you feel is right and do what you feel you need/want to do in it. If it's a situation that's bugging you, then meditate on how you think it should go to make you feel better and it's outcome. Even if nothing comes of it that way you planned it should help you feel better at least for a short while.

#5 2009-11-16 15:35:00

Talissa

Cratys wrote:

As far as dealing with emotions, i don't think it has anything to do with the spiritual aspect of your being according to what you described. I would try mediating and in the meditative state assume whatever form you feel is right and do what you feel you need/want to do in it. If it's a situation that's bugging you, then meditate on how you think it should go to make you feel better and it's outcome. Even if nothing comes of it that way you planned it should help you feel better at least for a short while.

I have meditated, actually I've done pretty much only that at home for the passed 2 months smile

I'm gonna try to explain this better... If I can cause I always have a hard time explaing emotions on the internet wink

Over the last year I've spent with my spirit animal within me, we both have evolved together, learning to live with one another. I found out that there are things which I found cute when she was alive, that if I relate them out loud she feels bad about them, feels ashamed. So I have to be careful with what I say (as one example). In the past few weeks I've tried to let her "out" psychically as much as possible, so that she may see the world around me, through my senses. This has relieved her feeling of loneliness a bit, which was affecting me.

During my stay on earth in different lifetimes, I assumed not only human forms but other forms as the need arrised. I have so developped my "Animal side", my feral side. I have not tried to control it and shut it down, neither tried to let it control me, I made one with it over several lifetimes. This part of me was you could say "Content" with what it had up till now, but now its awakened. So my feral side wants to be satisfied, sends me emotions, desires. But my human body is quite incapable of even trying to satisfying it. A stroll in natural environment for some means days of suffering for me, as I have a very bad health. So I can't even go in the forest for example, take an hour stroll (Ok living downtown is not helping I agree but smile ). I tried giving it(my spirit animal)  as much access to my senses as possible, in hopes that its going to help her mood (and mine by the same time)... but it doesn't seem sufficient. This is why I am asking for advice to people who deal with this particular aspect all the time. Having feral desires but not being able to satisfy them...

#6 2009-11-16 15:44:53

Cratys
Website

I know what you mean, but for me, my "wolf side" is not another being all together. It simply is me, not another personality. However you could try giving the cat it's own astral body, depending on how you do it, it could still have access to your body/mind as well as it's own astral shape so that it can go about it's business doing what it wants. You can create this being (according to my belief :p) by holding your hands as if you were holding a huge beach ball. Fill that ball with energy, slowly making that ball smaller and smaller until you concentrate that energy into that size you want. You should physically feels some resistance in the space between your palms. Then shape that energy into the form you choose and then imagine that animal side of you going into that form. once you feel that it's stable, release it. After that it would almost be like an imaginary friend cat who follows you around, and goes out to do as it pleases, it's still part of you, but you're simply giving it a vessel where it can go fulfill it's needs when your body can't.

On another note, you should make yourself a personal forum on the members personal forums board and introduce yourself here on the site...Welcome to wwc btw. ^^

Last edited by Cratys (2009-11-16 15:46:02)

#7 2009-11-16 15:49:59

Talissa

I understand what you are describing Cratys, and I can do it easily. I have a large experience with energy manipulation so what you described is quite familiar.

Though on the funny side, my cat spirit form hugged me tightly saying something about not wanting to leave me when I read your reply lol tongue

#8 2009-11-16 15:52:45

Cratys
Website

That's where I'd get stern with it. You know "You want to do things that I can't do for you, if you want to do those things, you need your own body." Basically, it can't have it's cake and eat it to. Plus it's not really leaving you, when it comes back from it's wanderings it can just go back into your head. If meditation doesn't work, then this might. If it doesn't want to leave, then it will just have to deal with the limitations of your body.

#9 2009-11-16 15:58:09

Talissa

Yeah that too I understand. I think that she feels comfortable in me, in her last days on earth she was in quite a lot of pain, and I think she still fears the outside world, though yearns to "extend her legs a bit"...

I'll try to let her "out" as you said, maybe its going to help smile Thanks

edit : I'll just have to go slowly, baby step by baby step I guess smile

Last edited by Talissa (2009-11-16 15:58:37)

#10 2009-11-16 16:03:01

Cratys
Website

Yeah, only let her out in her own form in your room in private at first, then work up to letting her wander the house, then the yard then where ever she wants. That is not to say limit her at all, if at any point she just wants to "go" as far as she can, don't stop her. I know she'll come back when she's done playing. Maybe at some point she'll want to stay in her own "body" most of the time and join you less often. Either way it should definitely help.

#11 2009-11-17 02:13:06

WolfVanZandt
Website

I'm going to assume that you're serious about this, Talissa. If you're just role playing, ignore my post.

The reason Cratys is absolutely right is that a therioside (our animal selves), just like anyone else, has to learn how to act in social situations. If they don't know how to act, they are quite capable of learning but they need to be given the opportunity. Many of us are afraid to let our animal selves out but in repressing them, we are actually repressing the realest parts of ourselves and that is bound to lead to serious problems and it does. So the answer is not to "control" that animal part (although that animal part must learn self control just like anyone else.) but to let it learn.

Some of us grew up in situations in which we did not feel the need to "keep our animal in" and we never had to go through the problems of socializing an unsociable part of ourselves later in life. Our therioside developed naturally and there was never any problems like that. Others have some real problems but not insurmountable problems.

The ideal answer is to find a safe place to let the therioside learn - there are gatherings of Weres (Howls) that provide an ideal, nonjudgmental environment. They're usually not available to underaged Therians, but, then, if underaged Therians are exposed to the online community, at least they have read not to repress the therioside. They have the opportunity to allow their self to develop naturally. then, when they come of age, they can start attending the howls.

#12 2009-11-17 02:47:34

Rainbow BeerWolf

Sounds like a bad case of Miss Mary Sue.

"I never realised the Deptartment of Agriculture was interested in National Security. Do you have like, undercover cows?" - John Corey (Nelson Demille)

#13 2009-11-17 09:17:17

Talissa

WolfVanZandt wrote:

I'm going to assume that you're serious about this, Talissa. If you're just role playing, ignore my post.

The reason Cratys is absolutely right is that a therioside (our animal selves), just like anyone else, has to learn how to act in social situations. If they don't know how to act, they are quite capable of learning but they need to be given the opportunity. Many of us are afraid to let our animal selves out but in repressing them, we are actually repressing the realest parts of ourselves and that is bound to lead to serious problems and it does. So the answer is not to "control" that animal part (although that animal part must learn self control just like anyone else.) but to let it learn.

Some of us grew up in situations in which we did not feel the need to "keep our animal in" and we never had to go through the problems of socializing an unsociable part of ourselves later in life. Our therioside developed naturally and there was never any problems like that. Others have some real problems but not insurmountable problems.

The ideal answer is to find a safe place to let the therioside learn - there are gatherings of Weres (Howls) that provide an ideal, nonjudgmental environment. They're usually not available to underaged Therians, but, then, if underaged Therians are exposed to the online community, at least they have read not to repress the therioside. They have the opportunity to allow their self to develop naturally. then, when they come of age, they can start attending the howls.

Thanks for the info, and no smile I'm not roleplaying... that I would do on roleplaying boards.. and I usually don't roleplay online seeing that I have a hard time expressing the true meaning of my toughts/words online. I find that what I right often lacks the emotion I wanted to put in a phrase. Thus my abuse of smilies tongue to lessen this problem lol...

#14 2009-11-17 09:20:09

Talissa

Cratys wrote:

Yeah, only let her out in her own form in your room in private at first, then work up to letting her wander the house, then the yard then where ever she wants. That is not to say limit her at all, if at any point she just wants to "go" as far as she can, don't stop her. I know she'll come back when she's done playing. Maybe at some point she'll want to stay in her own "body" most of the time and join you less often. Either way it should definitely help.

btw : Just a little update. It seems that my cat just got out on her own, I woke up to realize that she is "besides me" instead of "in me"... She probably used my knowledge to project an astral form or something when I was asleep. She stays close (like hugging close) but this is an amazing start...

Board footer