The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-28 15:15:17

wolf_spirit

i gotta get things off my chest

i know. people come to forums like this wondering what they are and needing explanations and im just another one of them, but we need it.

Iv always had a strong connection to dogs and wolves. when i was little i thought it was just normal to sleep outside in the doghouse with our dog and bark and run on all fours. Grandma would always say to stop acting like an animal but i didnt understand what she ment by that, it was normal. i had no idea i was human really, animals and people were just the same.
Everyone always said it was a phase and just tried to stop me from 'acting' like a dog. But as i got older it never went away and my mom got worried and started praying to God for me to be normal (shes crazy) So with everyone calling a a freak, and not normal. i started to think that and was always really depressed.
i got weird craveings to kill. Somtimes I run in a feild or in our woods and i get really excited and my instinkts start takeing over. my temples throb adrenaline pulses through me. but i hate that feeling because i dont like killing or hurting anyone. It still wont stop.
I can even undestand dog language to an extent.
I usually tried to hide my feelings and impulses from everyone so mom thought it went away. But somtimes they burst out 10fold.
Like once in school. a kid was hasling my friend and trying to hurt her and i got extremly shakey and my voice was getting gritty and i was seeing red. next thing i know im growling and snarling like crazy in front of my whole class holding the back of his neck talking to myself in my head, trying to get myself to let go, and i wanted to bite him so badly but i let go anyways, because i hate violence, he didnt deserve it.
Now nobody messes with me to my face or hurts my friend, thats good.
Another time me and my friends were playing hide and seek tag teams. My adrenaline started working again and i started getting excited and ran right to where my sister was hideing under our porch. so im halfway under our porch and my butt gets stuck (-cries-) and shes only about a half a foot outta reach. so i started getting into a crazed frantic state clawing the dirt away and snarling like crazy while my sister is terrified trying to scoot farther back but that made me more excited cause she was trying to get away. Then i hear one of my packmates say, "she sounds like a dog." in a startled confused way. i calmed down and taged her and came out panting with my tung lolling outta my mouth and everyone was stareing at me -_-
Im also extremly uncomfortable arond humans. all my friends arent all the was human themselves (as in to another human they are not human <_>) and if my friends are normal humans its because they are the close friends or family of my pack, but really the only ones im comfortable around are animals.
And all my thoughts are based off of Superiority. its like i instinktivly know if somone is superior to me or not.
Somtimes i get into dog fights with the neighbor dogs, but not to bad ones. i just chase them away and tell them to stay off. But once there was a really dogfight between the neighbor dog and babe (part of my pack) and my instinkts didnt kick in, i barely felt the adrenalin or anything and i just yelled in a human voice sad it kinda scares me thinking that im gonna lose it.
I LOVE running and being outside and takeing walks. my friends think im weird for some reason, i dont see anything wrong it it, humans like walking to right? only one of my friends even knows and he likes teasing me somtimes -_- treating me like a pet, huff.

ok i feel much better now! i was depressed at the beginning of this post now im happy! woo. now i have to go take a bath T-T but its worth it cuause we are gonna go walkin around town!

-formally says- Thank you for your time. -bows-

#2 2009-11-28 17:01:41

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Re: i gotta get things off my chest

Why did you think a bunch of strangers on an internet forum would be interested in any of this? It's not our job to make angsty teenagers feel special. I get so sick of these posts from people. Do you think people come to these forums to read the life stories of others? They don't. They come to discuss werewolves or, on this board, therianthropy. Unless you want to discuss that, kindly refrain from posting your life story here.  I particularly hate how you started off with the line "but we need it" as though somehow we're obligated to give you opinions and advice. This isn't a counselling service for troubled teens.
Sorry guys but this was one more bloody annoying angsty teenage post than I can sensibly stand.

Last edited by ShadyHowl (2009-11-28 17:54:53)

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#3 2009-11-29 00:35:34

WolfVanZandt
Website

Yeah, the "but we need it" sorta gets me too, as though we're messed up and need counseling. Most of us are pretty well adjusted.

#4 2009-11-29 17:21:41

WolfMontana

ShadyHowl wrote:

Sorry guys but this was one more bloody annoying angsty teenage post than I can sensibly stand.

And I'm sure we'll never get another thanks to you expressing your irritation. It's been real helpful.

Btw, I had a different interpretation of the 'we need it' part of the first post than you Wolf. Particularly because she didn't say "Therians come to forums like this wondering what they are and needing explanations and I'm just another one of them, but we need it." She said 'people'. As in the general populace who get on forums all over the place and wanna say something.

This certainly isn't the proper place to put this kind of post, because it didn't really have any particular point, save to, as she said 'get things off my chest.'

I might suggest creating a catch-all (ha, sure) thread that goes a little like 'Think you're a therian? Post your reasons here.' Then whoever wants to read and respond to threads like this can do so, and those who shouldn't bother because it just gets them riled up can completely IGNORE them, and enjoy the rest of the site. wink

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#5 2009-11-29 20:27:21

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

To be honest Montana, if you read the entire first line in context, what it's actually saying is "people come to this site needing explanations of *what they are* and I'm just another one of them, but we need it." So actually the populace at large is not what is referred to but just people who want confirmation that they are werewolves or not. Obviously these are people for whom the answer is not obvious, but who like rare steak and feel angry sometimes and so go "I think I'm a werewolf lol!" They then come to werewolf fan sites, verbally vomit a load of claptrap onto a promising-looking forum, and wait in eager anticipation for one of the senior members to go "yep, well I looked at your symptoms, and you're definitely a lycan... you should be expecting your first transformation by the next full moon."

I don't think there's any way of stopping it, except to not take it seriously. I take your point that my getting angry achieves nothing. Anger seldom does. I certainly don't expect it to deter would-be "am I a therian lol" posts in future. But I don't think it's reasonable to not expect anyone to find these constant teen angst posts annoying. Just be thankful that I got here before Sherlawk.

Last edited by ShadyHowl (2009-11-29 20:30:09)

#6 2009-11-29 21:44:36

WolfMontana

Heheh big_smile I've not seen a Sherlawk blowup yet - perhaps I should be thankful wink

I still don't look at her first line the same as you do though. You could easily just throw in 'teenagers' and it would still read right.

#7 2009-11-30 00:02:39

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

well, wolves dont bark, yipe and make odd sounds sometimes, but no bark. so maybey a dog therian?
i can relate to trhe barking and snarling, though, and ive done all that since i was a kid, too. i get comments 'she sounds like a dog' all the time, but as mentioned by other members, internet is not always the way to find this out. you need to figure it out for yourself.

if really you want to talk about this, however, feel free to email me.

Last edited by AshenWolf (2009-11-30 00:24:10)

"It is better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you are not."
                                                                                          -Andre Gide

#8 2009-11-30 03:57:22

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

ShadyHowl wrote:

Why did you think a bunch of strangers on an internet forum would be interested in any of this? It's not our job to make angsty teenagers feel special. I get so sick of these posts from people. Do you think people come to these forums to read the life stories of others? They don't. They come to discuss werewolves or, on this board, therianthropy. Unless you want to discuss that, kindly refrain from posting your life story here.  I particularly hate how you started off with the line "but we need it" as though somehow we're obligated to give you opinions and advice. This isn't a counselling service for troubled teens.

shady: shut up man im sick and tired of your annoying negative posts...if you dont have anything nice to say dont say it at all i realy dont give a damn how old someone is or who the hell they are...i think that you should start to at least try to be nice

Lupus

silver bullets dont work... not on me anyway =P ...the other guy however.... *looks at dead body lying on the ground*

#9 2009-11-30 11:28:00

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

(1) I am not a man. I am a woman.
(2) I reserve the right to express my opinion on any of these matters. I don't believe there is a human right to not be offended. People can be as offended as they like provided what is said is legitimate. And what I'm saying is legitimate. At the end of the day, this is a werewolf fan-site. We happen to have a forum about therianthropy, but it is not meant to be the core of the board. And it is certainly not supposed to be a support group for troubled teenagers. So I'm sorry if you're getting 'sick and tired' of the things I say, but I reserve the right to say them for as long as my points are (a) truthful and (b) relevant.

#10 2009-11-30 18:06:31

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

I think everyone in this thread should shut up.
This typically noobtacular post has somehow boiled down into a flamewar which seems to be about nothing but people's annoyances with each other which have been restrained until now.
LupusDefined> ShadyHowl has a right to be a dick if he wants, and he's absolutely right about annoying teen-angst posts.
ShadyHowl> Of course, this was one of those few which we might have taken seriously, as they aren't talking about craving blood during the full moon and being a "lone wolf", so chill your attitude ShadyHowl.  There's no need to write such a long post about what we all feel and if you're really getting this tired of it, go to another site.  I've never seen you on any actual therian sites, where we don't get garbage all the time.
In any case, freaking out in this thread is no way to deal with this.  If you've got a problem with someone else, you should tell them in private before it spins out of control.

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2009-11-30 18:07:21)

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#11 2009-12-01 01:32:15

WolfVanZandt
Website

But....if everyone on the thread shut up.....there wouldn't be a thread anymore...

#12 2009-12-01 21:33:20

WolfMontana

Actually, it's kind of impossible to shut up if you've never actually opened your mouth. I swear I don't dictate to myself as I type. wink

Maybe... type off! would be more appropriate?

#13 2009-12-02 00:52:29

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

Xd

-Andre Gide

#14 2009-12-02 01:27:11

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

K, so now you're all friendly.  That's better.  Now I can get back to troling...

Old Man VanZandt wrote:

Something, it doesn't matter what.

You're crazy! >:|

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2009-12-02 01:27:20)

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#15 2009-12-02 10:29:37

TheGremlin
Wolf across the Pond

SherlawkDragon wrote:

K, so now you're all friendly.  That's better.  Now I can get back to troling...

Old Man VanZandt wrote:

Something, it doesn't matter what.

You're crazy! >neutral

*giggles at the old man bit*

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year

#16 2009-12-03 00:05:37

WolfVanZandt
Website

I've been told....

#17 2009-12-03 00:59:02

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

tongue lol

-Andre Gide

#18 2009-12-03 18:41:26

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

lolz big_smile

...P.S. shady i dont raly care whether your a guy or a girl...im still probably gonna call everyone either dude, man, or something like that

Last edited by lupusindefined (2009-12-03 18:43:19)

Lupus

silver bullets dont work... not on me anyway =P ...the other guy however.... *looks at dead body lying on the ground*

#19 2009-12-03 18:54:14

drkgryfur
crazy wolf
Website

Dude= general term for someone (at least in my book)

1nor·mal \ˈnȯr-məl\
adjective
1 : strictly a matter of one's opinion
— nor·mal·i·ty — nor·mal·ly

#20 2009-12-03 23:03:11

WolfVanZandt
Website

Urgh - "dude" - a greenhorn among cowboys. A surfer dude. Often pronounced "duooood" (due to over abundance of illicit substances in bloodstream).

#21 2009-12-04 12:27:42

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Duly noted. It's safe to resume hating me now big_smile

#22 2009-12-05 01:13:14

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

abundance of illicit substances in bloodstream

Yeah, that sounds like fun, where can I get that?

#23 2009-12-05 01:47:05

WolfVanZandt
Website

Well, there's plenty here in Selma. Just walk down the street any night.

#24 2009-12-05 02:01:15

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

or anywhere in the Caribou region of BC. tongue weed farms, meth labs, you name it, we got it

-Andre Gide

#25 2009-12-05 04:29:48

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

...totaly not cool tongue ...not into that kinda stuff

Lupus

Board footer