The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-06 18:41:07

Trevorious

Help a noob understand shifting..

When people say "shift" what exactly are they talking about? basicly, I'm new to this community, I don't claim to be anything, but I have a open mind, and welcome many different views. Basicly what I want to know is :

What is shifting?

- whats what distinguishes mental and physical "shift"

when do you shift/ how often?

What does it mean to you? and is it personal? Do you prefer to be in private, even if you could be with folks with the same beliefs.

My apologies if this question(s) made no sense, and call me a retard if you wish, It's gonna take more then a few words on the internet to get a reaction out of me. I'm hoping some mature people will shed some light on this topic...much appreciated!

#2 2010-01-06 23:52:17

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Re: Help a noob understand shifting..

It's really hard to answer this... it's not something everyone does, and those who do it don't do it the same.  Basically, it's when the aspects of therianthropy become strong and take over. (That's a horrible explaination)  I'm not sure how to explain it better, I'm tired right now. XD

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#3 2010-01-07 02:50:52

WolfVanZandt
Website

I can't imagine a better way to explain it in a few words.

Shifting can range from a subtle change in mood to a full blown personality dissociation, so it's hard to describe "it" because "it's" a continuum. People who shift have one or more animal "sides" (mentalities) and, usually, a human "side" that they alternate between.

#4 2010-01-07 14:19:05

Trevorious

so its like trying to define H2O as one thing when it could be frozen (solid) fluid, or a gas. I guess there aire infinite answers to that question becuse it means something diffrent to everyone. I don't believe I'm a werewolf in the traditional sense oh, sorry, "Therian" but I do look to get in touch with my natural, and wild side this year. I guess when I explore this area I could define this as "shifting" because I'll be , in a sense, out of touch with my "human" persona... well thank you for trying anyway guys! I'll likely post in the future how it goes somewhere...

#5 2010-01-08 01:56:53

WolfVanZandt
Website

I believe that most Mainstream humans are domesticated animals (domesticated by their technology) but, as is the case of some dogs, the wildness spontaneously appears in some. I also believe that humans (perhaps unlike other animals) are able to recapture their wildness intentionally.

Board footer