The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#51 2010-01-09 21:38:59

Aloneness

Re: How to find others Therians near me?

T_T theirs no Howls were i live T_T because all the ppl that live hear are Bible Thumpers and Red Necks (no offense to anyone)

I lay in the freshly fallen snow that's been dyed red form blood looking up at the full moon. "I wonder what will happen to me when this is all over?"

#52 2010-01-09 21:44:04

bloodlust
werewolf guardian
Website

you know,i live in Tennessee and i have been trying to find therians who live close to me for a long time. I would really like to go to a howl near my home town of Murfreesboro,but i have never heard of any around me.

"Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend."
http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=152377

#53 2010-01-09 21:59:04

Thira-Alpha
Website

i hear a pack of coyotes howling all the time. but not any therians *sighs*

-------------------------
Howling
Its a Hobby ^_^

#54 2010-01-09 22:23:53

bloodlust
werewolf guardian
Website

Damn.

"Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend."
http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=152377

#55 2010-01-21 20:18:18

Thira-Alpha
Website

lolz yah

-------------------------
Howling
Its a Hobby ^_^

#56 2010-09-02 08:48:10

AlphaJeronica89

shinigami, I live in Indiana, maybe we can meet sometime!

Alpha Jeronica.

#57 2010-09-03 23:35:39

ilrak
Website

Haha I feel your pain, Aloneness. Apparently, I'm a few years to late for all of the Utah howls. TvT

#58 2010-09-23 21:35:54

silversteps

=o i live near Orlando to in kissimmee;  I only have one therian friend who lives near me a raccoon/tanuki, "nods" and then there's my cousin but she lives in south Carolina hmm  ,   and i do have suspicions about people ,but no one is openly therian here. I even wear my theta-delta all the time (when i remember to and it's not broken that is lol).

i'm she-wolf i've always been i just didn't know there were others

#59 2012-01-15 01:37:07

JokerWolf
Resident Prankster
Website

I live near Fort Wayne, Indiana. Are there any other therians nearby? Need a pack. Never really been the loner type.

Third world children are plentiful. Fossil fuels are scarce. We need to burn something.

Help control the pet population, I'm hungry

#60 2012-02-20 11:04:23

KaraWolfDragon
Website

No one has to start a pack with people that live near them. My pack is all scattered across the country, and one even lives in Spain. Once everyone is old enough to move out of their homes, we will all get together. Point is, you can start a pack over the internet and live with them later in life, just find people you belong with. You don't wanna try to start a pack with a therian at school or something that hates the type of animal you are. Find people you really feel are like a family to you. That's your pack.

The feeling of being a therian cannot be described in words. It's not just a label so we an find somewhere to fit in, it is who we are, who we have always been, and who we always will be. No one can change me, this is who I am. For more than ever.

#61 2012-02-25 19:41:27

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

KaraWolfDragon wrote:

No one has to start a pack with people that live near them. My pack is all scattered across the country

The ones I've been in have been like this too.  The first one had a member in Washington, and another in New England, and me in Florida, and that's 3 corners of the US.  Me and Random were in a pack with several people from all around North America, him being from Canada.

just find people you belong with. You don't wanna try to start a pack with a therian at school or something that hates the type of animal you are. Find people you really feel are like a family to you. That's your pack.

I'm not sure it's really a big deal what they like, I think the main thing is, as you said, it's like a family of therians, a sort of mutual support group.  I don't think there's a need to worry about who's an alpha, or who's what animal, it's about a group of people who share the experience of therianthropy and live it out with each others support and guidance.  Some people may want to take it further and make special things in it, like magical rituals, or special hierarchies, and that's fine if they really want that, but it muddies the issue.

Once everyone is old enough to move out of their homes, we will all get together.  Point is, you can start a pack over the internet and live with them later in life,

See, I don't even find this sort of thing truly necessary: a therian pack is just a support group, and for me, it's enough to just talk to these people over text or skype calls.  I'm a child of technology, I've learned to know people without seeing them in person.  In that pack with Random, I only met one other member in person.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#62 2012-02-27 11:26:00

KaraWolfDragon
Website

Yeah I know to some it doesn't matter to meet other therians in real life, but I'm one of those people who don't wanna live alone, I rather be with my pack in a giant house. We could all have jobs and help eachother with money and just anything else. That's what a pack is for, right? To help eachother. And love eachother. ^.=.^

The feeling of being a therian cannot be described in words. It's not just a label so we an find somewhere to fit in, it is who we are, who we have always been, and who we always will be. No one can change me, this is who I am. For more than ever.

#63 2012-02-27 17:04:38

BlackWolfMarwood

Hippy communes were similar to that but it resulted in filthy conditions, drug addictions, and lazy people.

#64 2012-02-27 18:38:27

KaraWolfDragon
Website

I'm pretty sure none of my packmates will ever do drugs, though some want to start a night club. And we are nothing like hippies, we are going to hunt like wild animals and do lots of things like the animals that we are, we are not going to get lazy, each rank must play their part. I think it will be successful if we try hard enough.

#65 2012-02-29 04:02:18

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

marwolf wrote:

Hippy communes were similar to that but it resulted in filthy conditions, drug addictions, and lazy people.

That's a bit of a non-sequitor...  The reason alot of Hippy communes did so poorly was because of the people they let in and the behavior they tolerated, not because they all decided to work together and share a home.

KaraWolfDragon wrote:

I'm pretty sure none of my packmates will ever do drugs

I'm pretty sure they will.

we are going to hunt like wild animals and do lots of things like the animals that we are, we are not going to get lazy, each rank must play their part. I think it will be successful if we try hard enough.

That's a very quaint fantasy.  And who knows, maybe you'll manage to pull it off.  I still think it's a bit silly, and romanticizes alot of things which don't need to be romanticized at all, but whaddo I know?  I'm just the raccoon drawing graffiti in the corner...

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#66 2012-02-29 10:04:34

KaraWolfDragon
Website

It's not a fantasy, we are actually planning it. Even if it fails, we'll try again. We don't give up easily.

#67 2012-02-29 11:20:12

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

It's a pretty dream. How many of you are there in this angst pack?

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#68 2012-02-29 12:07:10

KaraWolfDragon
Website

About 20. I think 21 if no one has joined or gotten out.

#69 2012-03-01 05:35:38

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Like I said, I think it's a bit silly of you, and I would think that you'd all eventually lose interest before actually pulling off the kind of thing you're talking about.  I'm not going to tell you not to though, or say that you never will, I'm just saying you're being silly.

#70 2012-03-01 09:32:06

KaraWolfDragon
Website

How am I being silly? I'm not that immature, I know how hard it will be to buy a house big enough and all that stuff, but I got it planned, or will get it planned.

#71 2012-03-01 16:38:25

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

KaraWolfDragon wrote:

How am I being silly? I'm not that immature, I know how hard it will be to buy a house big enough and all that stuff, but I got it planned, or will get it planned.

It's silly because real life makes things like this unbelievably complicated. For one thing; living together has a way of making close friends hate each other. Some of my closest friends and I moved in together in our second year at college. We got on fantastically until dirty dishes, bills, rent, laundry, noise, each other's night time habits, boyfriends etc got involved. Now, 3 years on, none of us speak to one another. Trust me, living with friends is a whole other ball game to just having friends. So right off the chances of you and the same 20 friends getting along fantastically well enough to share a living space harmoniously is laughable. Second of all it's finding a big enough house to have all those people stay with you. Likely as not you're already looking at a mansion, and how will you afford that right out of school, if you ever can? It takes people years these days to build a career where they can even begin to look at moving out of their parent's house, let alone owning a property. Seriously. Welcome to grown-up land. Life is not as easy as you might think and your plan, while quaint and cute, is silly.

#72 2012-03-01 21:40:16

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

And I think it's silly that you think this is so important, even if I do think it's possible.  Why worry so much about moving in with other therians you know from the internet?  What about your friends and family where you live?  It's kind of hard to get acquainted to a new area too.  Why would anyone go through all that trouble?

#73 2012-03-02 09:38:04

KaraWolfDragon
Website

I don't really have any friends where I am, and my family isn't as good as a family as my pack. We can tolerate eachother on the internet in any situation, and if not, we will learn to tolerate eachother or leave the pack. We will all have jobs to help pay for the pack house, and we all trust Moon, our alpha, to keep us in line.

#74 2012-03-02 12:45:53

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

I think you're just in love with the idea, and haven't really thought through the practicalities. But up to you.

#75 2012-03-02 20:58:43

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

KaraWolfDragon wrote:

I don't really have any friends where I am

Then make some.

Board footer