The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#176 2009-11-30 23:32:07

White Wolf
Dreamer of the East [Moderator]
Website

Re: Vindicator's Gallery

Hahahahahahahahaha, I may amend it anyways. tongue

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#177 2009-12-22 23:42:12

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

Well here is a wolf themed portrait of the Crime solving team of Baker St. I hope you enjoy. big_smile

http://hyper-aggie42.deviantart.com/art … -147694205

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#178 2009-12-22 23:54:14

White Wolf
Website

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Are you sure it's not Christmas yet??? yikes big_smile Because today I've already received an amazing letter from an amazing friend far away, complete with a wonderful greeting picture, and now a simply brilliant drawing! big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

Hahahahahahahahahaha, I love your take on it Vin. wink It's funny too, because whenever I'm reading one of his tales, that's actually sort of the image that I have in my head. tongue tongue tongue

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#179 2009-12-23 00:35:01

Vindicator
Website

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, well Christmas is all in the feeling of the moment more than the actual day itself. wink big_smile big_smile

I thought you would enjoy this take on them. wink I actually have picked up a bit of them as such in my reading of the books as well. tongue

#180 2010-01-05 20:33:07

Vindicator
Website

Well this really doesn't have much if anything to do with werewolves or wolves for that matter, however I would still care to share it here. This is a watercolor painting that I have been working on over the holiday. The last time I touched my paint set was almost four years ago. Anyway though I hope you enjoy it. big_smile

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/005/4/c/Shakespeare_House_by_Hyper_Aggie42.jpg

Last edited by Vindicator (2010-01-05 21:10:39)

#181 2010-01-05 21:02:53

Vindicator
Website

Thanks. I was trying to stick the impressionist theme. wink

#182 2010-01-05 21:34:15

White Wolf
Website

WOW Vin! I have no idea what you were talking about when you said you didn't like the way it was coming out! Wow, this is actually quite amazing!

I love the 'feel' it has... I'm trying to think of what it reminds me of... I don't know... You know, it's actually quite unique. I would say impressionist, but it also has a touch of something else that I can't define right now. It's almost sort of like a modern take on impressionism. I think the noticeable thing is that it really captures the light.

#183 2010-01-05 21:50:57

Vindicator
Website

Hey Thanks!!! big_smile big_smile big_smile You know, I think my problem is the colors, I always expect them to turn out one why when I begin and they always turn out another when I'm completed. I think it has to do with water colors not being very dark and I usually expect darker ones, you know? I am quite happy with the completed project. I had a very difficult with the larger bush. There was something about it that did not fit right, however once the rest was in place and the sky and surroundings done I feel it fits much better.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha, a new style, eh?

#184 2010-01-05 21:59:28

White Wolf
Website

Ah yes, I know what you mean. The biggest trouble I've had with oils in the past is the mixing of colors when you're painting two different colored things next to each other. However, recently I've learned not to fight it, but instead to foresee it and to use it in the painting to actually mix colors on the canvas rather than on the palette. I don't personally fancy large brushes either... All that said, your painting looks simply brilliant! I definitely would say that it could be classified as a new style, and I definitely mean that with the best of intentions. Like I said, it does an excellent job of capturing the light and reflecting it back at the viewer. wink

#185 2010-01-05 22:07:35

Vindicator
Website

You know I should have known, however, I didn't know that there were different sizes of brushes. I have only ever used the one that came in my Crayola paint set. tongue I had trouble mixing the greens and the browns. I know there is  more brown in that bush than I can see anymore. As soon as I put the green on most if disappeared. yikes  Thanks again for the compliments, that really warms my day. big_smile

#186 2010-01-05 22:13:16

White Wolf
Website

Hahahahahahaha, really??? tongue I've got at least 15 different brushes, all with different sizes and shapes (some are circular while others have more of a rectangle-shaped cut). Hahahahahaha, the disappearing brown! yikes Ah, well you certainly deserve them all, it certainly is a great piece of art. I was actually pleasantly surprised with how well done, especially after all your downplay. tongue

#187 2010-01-05 22:42:13

Vindicator
Website

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah......... I really should have known thought, I really should have. So while working on your paintings do you have a favorite brush that you use for the majority of the time?

#188 2010-01-05 22:50:47

White Wolf
Website

Hahahaha, not really... I just pick which ones I think will best work with the size and shape of whatever I'm painting. I also use different brushes for each color (you really can't use the same because oils are so thick). Mostly though, I do like to work with smaller brushes because it's easier to add detail.

#189 2010-01-05 22:54:56

Vindicator
Website

Ah so each brush to its practical use then. (That is very interesting. I would not have thought that the paints would be so thick as that.) I guess that would make sense for the smaller brushes to be more fine and controlled as well. Hahahahahahahahahahaha, well anyway thanks for answering the random questions on brushes. tongue wink

#190 2010-01-07 23:48:37

punxnotdead

I LIKE!! big_smile

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#191 2010-01-10 10:34:29

Vindicator
Website

Hey Thanks! big_smile

#192 2010-01-31 23:05:31

Vindicator
Website

Another drawing for the Monthly Art Challenge.  The Dream. smile

http://hyper-aggie42.deviantart.com/art … -152469209

#193 2010-01-31 23:25:26

White Wolf
Website

Absolutely brilliant. smile

#194 2010-01-31 23:32:34

Vindicator
Website

Thank You. Thank You. *Bows to the left. Bows to the right.*  tongue

You know I'm very excited for this next piece that I'm going to start working on.  To be done two months from a week ago. wink

Board footer