The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-02 01:01:01

MikeOliveri
Website

The Pack returns

Hey folks,

Hope this doesn't seem spammy, but a number of you picked up my comic Werewolves: Call of the Wild at Wizard World in Chicago, so I wanted to stop in and (re)introduce myself and let everyone know that the characters from that series have returned with a new publisher!

The series has been picked up by a new publisher, Evileye Books, and we'll be publishing both prose books and original graphic novels. The first prose book, The Pack: Winter Kill, was released this month and is available in both trade paperback and for the Kindle.

I'll be doing some signings in California and Missouri this month, and I hope to have some Chicago signings lined up soon. Even if we don't make Chicago bookstores, though, we'll be at the new C2E2 convention in April.

Thanks again to those folks who took a chance on the series the first time around! The continued series carries the same supernatural thriller tone, and this first book introduces the rest of the family.

Take care,
Mike Oliveri

The Pack: Winter Kill available now in trade paperback and Kindle editions.

#2 2010-01-05 15:48:05

The Busboy
Administrator

Re: The Pack returns

Cool, keep us posted on your comic Mike!

#3 2010-01-08 09:40:07

PenningtonBeast

I've read Werewolves: Call of the Wild and Winter Kill and it seems like it's going to be a good series. I'm just not sure how I feel about it switching back and forth between novels and comics, but we'll see.  smile

There's a review of it here: http://lycanthropelibrary.blogspot.com/

#4 2010-01-08 11:28:33

MikeOliveri
Website

Thanks for reviewing it! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

As for the prose/comics thing, yes, that's going to be a tough balance, especially since Evileye is trying to break new ground in the way these things are handled. Events in one media will have consequences in the other, but I'm going to do my best to make sure readers are not completely lost when picking up one book or the other. For the folks who haven't read the Call of the Wild comics, prose book 2 will deal more deeply with the Nevada references in Winter Kill. I didn't want WK to get slogged down in back story.

The first graphic novel, Chimaera, is parallel to the first two books. It focuses on Diana, the youngest Tyler sibling, who is away at college. Cole makes a cameo, but the story itself is completely separate from Winter Kill and the (so far untitled) second book.

Mike

#5 2010-01-08 13:22:30

ArcLight
Website

Sounds cool. I'll definitely look into it.

"How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf."
"Werewolves are BAD ASS." - Dean Winchester
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchak - Buffy - Doc Savage
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

#6 2010-01-08 13:58:32

PenningtonBeast

Looking forward to Chimaera!

#7 2010-01-08 22:05:10

MikeOliveri
Website

For anyone willing to leave a review on Amazon, my publisher just announced a new contest:
http://www.mikeoliveri.com/2010/01/08/t … k-and-win/

#8 2010-02-21 11:45:48

jesterpress
Website

Mike, Jester Press will also be set up at c2e2 in April so we should hook up and compare werewolf notes...:-)

#9 2010-03-08 12:11:13

MikeOliveri
Website

It looks like we won't have a booth this year, but I should be there wandering around! I'll see if I can't track you guys down.

Take care,
Mike

Board footer