The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-21 23:19:19

Skin_Walker
Website

the power of the moon

i've always made myself a set of guidelines, which doesn't relate to the conventional laws of lycanthropy. all the usual traits, eyebrows jointed, howling at the moon, jumping tall buildings, all that. it doesn't apply when you make yourself your own wolf, which is an idea for a new playwrite i might delve into soon. but, have you ever thought, which i'm very sure a lot of you have, but, why do we worship the moon? why is that our source of power?

let me put forth a barrier

the moon has no light of its own, as we all know, and we all know when the sun sets, the light from the sun reflects off of the moon, giving it that glow, which is why we see it at night. without the sun, we would never see the moon, which means, if we never did see it, we would never have discovered it, from our stand point, and it wouldn't be believed in. so, as me and my wolfess said the other day in the woods, the suns light reflects off the moon, which means we are worshipping the sun.

so, in that aspect, its not the moon is it?

i mean i still howl at the moon, feel its essence, feel its aura, and project my anger onto it, towards the rest of the family
but
just like the whole vampire with the steak in the heart, why is it that we worship the moon?
you are all your own wolf, find your own personal trait and keep with it.

just a basic description of my thoughts, i'm not trying to change your beliefs, i'm not anti anything, except common and modern civilization.

to overcome fear, you must become fear
as the sun reflects off the moon, the sheer sound of darkness
will not overpower our journey to hunt, to fight, to perservere
as our strength is kept alive by never giving in

#2 2010-03-22 13:11:19

Berserker

Re: the power of the moon

Who worships the moon? I sure as hell don't. I'm not sure who this post was addressed to, but I'd reckon that no one here worships the moon.

Our Marcuse, only better.

#3 2010-03-22 14:58:02

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Skin Walker seems to think wolf therians are the same as Hollywood werewolves, just ignore him.

Last edited by ShadyHowl (2010-03-22 14:58:46)

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#4 2010-03-22 16:01:13

Skin_Walker
Website

ye i'm stupid. exactly. people who believe themselves to be werewolves obviously got there traits from the werewolves portrayed on screen, in books, through legend. all that. so i do think it is a valid point.

to overcome fear, you must become fear
as the sun reflects off the moon, the sheer sound of darkness
will not overpower our journey to hunt, to fight, to perservere
as our strength is kept alive by never giving in

#5 2010-06-18 01:31:43

chase.salva

The Moon is our nearest celestial neighbour. Although it is much smaller than the sun, it gives a lot less light. On the basis of gravitational force, this is a small satellite capable of two and a half times the pull of the sun.

Mistakes are the portal of Discovery.

#6 2010-06-18 08:47:35

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

ok so i dont really believe the whole hollywood werewolves and i dont worship the moon but i think of the moon not as a being that cant produce its own light so it 'steals' some light from the sun, i think the moon (trying to think of a good word) filters the sun's light into a more serene light and aura, giving it a different effect on each individual who sees it

And if strength is born from heartbreak,
Then mountains I could move.
And if walls could speak,
I pray that they would tell me what to do

Board footer