The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-30 20:42:20

weredogpuppy
Website

Weredogs?

Hi I've recently realized that I'm a weredog, and not a werewolf like originally suspected. Since finding this out i've tried to find any info but i can't. I would like to hear any information that anyone has. I know pretty well that silver doesn't hurt me, I were a silver necklace all the time without a problem. Do we shift? How do we shift? Are we affected by the full moon?
ANY INFORMATION IS APPRECIATED!!

#2 2010-03-30 21:49:38

wolfblood17

Re: Weredogs?

First of all Weredogpuppy, I'd like to give you a HOWLING warm welcome to Werewolf Cafe! smile 

Anyway, I have no idea about weredogs, except from the movie "Cursed", where the dog turns into one....Sorry, ADD I guess.  Answer these questions and I might be able to help you out.  But I'm not an expert.........

1. Do you have any idea when you turn?
2. Do you howl at the moon? (This one doesn't matter, I'm just interested)
3. Uhmmmm.......... oh, can you control yourself in animal form? 
4. Do you remember what happened after you turn to human again?

big_smile (with fangs!)

#3 2010-03-30 23:05:12

weredogpuppy
Website

thank you for the warm welcome big_smile

answers to the questions
1. I haven't turned yet but i am working on it (this answers 3 and 4 as well)
2. I used to as a child when i hadn't realized what i was, but i don't anymore out of self-restraint.
I still enjoy howling in private from time to time tho smile

thank you for trying to help me big_smile, i greatly appreciate it

#4 2010-03-31 01:40:58

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

Hey Welcome to the Cafe!

I think it would be useful to read up in the Therianthropy Section, as that will probably answer some of your questions, and possibly look into a reading up on Therianthropy elsewhere as well. wink

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#5 2010-03-31 02:08:35

SilentTerror

The few, The proud, The Marines. Semper Fi
Integrity first, Service before self, Excellence in all we do. -- Airforce Core Values
"In God we trust: All others we monitor" -- 5th Reconnaissance Squadron (5th RS)
"You'd be cocky too if your missile did MACH 2+" -- 2 LAAD (Low Altitude Air Defense) Battalion. Det 26 MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit)

#6 2010-03-31 08:21:07

weredogpuppy
Website

thank you all very much big_smile

#7 2010-03-31 15:19:10

wolfblood17

Your welcome, the load is piling up tomorrow, but I'll see what insight (without too much research, I do insightful thinking)....... anyway, are you "of age" yet?  That is a normal sign for turning into any were-creature.  Or maybe for some reason you forgot the true animal nature in you.  I'm sorry if that was it, but it's normal, so don't worry about it.

big_smile (with fangs!)

#8 2010-03-31 18:05:56

weredogpuppy
Website

I'm 18 if that's what you're wondering, I actually did have a time when I went from being fairly wild and sometimes violent and just calmed down and mellowed out to the way I am now. Then one of my friends and I got into a discussion about all this and she told me that I was a potential werewolf. I was slightly surprised for a second, but then I realized that it fit and that I had most of the symptoms. However after I 'awakened' I never got the usual violent, or unpredictable behavior, I don't hate the night but I dont enjoy it either, I haven't really been adapting night vision, I have no aversion to silver, and I'm all around just a tamer slightly weaker version of a werewolf. In my mind I just thought the word weredog, and it stuck. All my other supernatural friends agree that weredog is extremely fitting of who and what I am. So idk if i'm just loike a weaker werewolf or if there are other implications to what I am.

So I know thats alot of info but I hope it helps.

#9 2010-03-31 19:01:09

wolfblood17

Ah yes, 18 is definitely the age where most were-creatures turn.  Your lack of violence just means you are an overall great soul, so you aren't dangerous while turned..... I guess.  Even still, you wouldn't want to meet one of my hunters (I don't hunt werewolves, I just write about it).............. Just a bit of warning.

Although don't worry about it, there are no werewolf hunters! wink

Last edited by wolfblood17 (2010-03-31 19:02:27)

big_smile (with fangs!)

#10 2010-03-31 19:05:04

weredogpuppy
Website

Aw, thank you! And don't worry, I'm not overly concerned about being hunted wink

#11 2010-04-01 04:08:18

WolfVanZandt
Website

Hmmmm....It's not so easy to tell, Weredogpuppy, are you role playing (that can be expected to happen sometimes on a fansite) or do you really consider yourself a Weredog. In the former case, I usually ignore the posts since I'm not interested in RPGing. If the latter, then I might be able to give you some information.

For instance, Dog isn't a weaker form of Wolf. Dog and Wolf are two different theriotypes. As for ages of "turning" (I don't like that particular terminology because it traditionally means something that's done to you - like getting bit or having a family curse take over or some such). People are either Weres or they're not. At some point in their lives, their theriotype develops into a strong internal image of self. That seems to happen at just about any age. My own self image started developing in high school and stabilized in my early 20s. Your brain isn't complete at birth, it matures and isn't "fully developed" until the early 20s when the frontal cortex finishes forming. A Were's theriotype develops along with their brain. I've known people whose theriotype was fully developed in early childhood.

Some shift and some don't. Contherian is the term for a Therian that doesn't shift. If you shift, it's a natural process. Some environmental issues trigger shifts in some of us - it varies from person to person.

Some are affected by the moon; some are not. For instance, I'm not significantly affected by the moon, but I am affected by moving water. We think it's probably a psychological thing - a personality factor for Weres.

#12 2010-04-01 05:33:41

wolfblood17

Whoops, sorry for the T-word you don't particularly like! yikes I was short on time.... I'll use shift next time.....

big_smile (with fangs!)

#13 2010-04-01 08:31:24

weredogpuppy
Website

Very interesting information WolfVanZandt! And no I am not RPGing, I'm a legit weredog.

I completely agree with not having personality completely stabilized until the early 20's, and I wish other people knew and understood that too, especially young teens...

But I just want to make sure that shifts won't be to unpredictable, so if you say that certain things can trigger shifts all be sure o pay attention to those, as figure them out in the coming years. If I shift, great, if I don't then oh well. Its probably important that I figure this out soon though since in my life I usually have a good deal of work to get don on a regular basis and if I'm incapacitated for any length of time it could be frustrating. I don't anticipate it being a problem thogh smile.

Thank you both for your kind help!

#14 2010-04-02 02:19:27

WolfVanZandt
Website

I don't mind the T-word in an RPG.

Shifts aren't generally a problem unless you spend a lot of effort preventing them. repression of your therioside can lead to some rather nasty consequences. If you haven't developed that bad habit, it's a good idea not to start in the future.

In fact, the less you fixate on your therianthropy, the better off you'll be. Most people don't fixate on the fact that they're human. In the same way, it's not really healthy to fixate on the fact that you're a Therian.

#15 2010-04-02 11:12:17

weredogpuppy
Website

That sounds very true, and it makes a lot of sense. So in the future i'll learn to just chill and be who I am. Thank you for the advice!

#16 2010-04-24 09:22:18

nash201
Website

weredogpuppy wait about a year thats when the major changes start happening after a year after noticing i was different and getting it pretty acurate i gained twice as much strength than i had but anyway you will become more powerful than a werewolf but not as fast you will not change at full moon or be hurt by silver bullets those only work on the weakest of werewolfs transforming wont be that difficult about two years after noticing you are a weredog is about the normal time a person transforms be careful about transforming when it does start to happen you should shut and lock your windows and doors and make sure there secure this is only because when you do transform you dont want anyone seeing you because you will not want to be found out about after i got found out about i had to be hit repeatively until they believed i was week enough to not be a threat nlucky for me only 3 people new about it but 6 others watched it hurt me more because i had never made the transformation ok that was too personal

#17 2010-04-24 10:52:00

weredogpuppy
Website

thank you so much nash! especial with sharing personal information, i know thats difficult for most of us since we have the tendency to be private about our "other" lives, and with good reason. Thanks for the more accurate time frame too before this i just had the word of my vampire friend to go off of that it would take around 5 years for my powers to fully develop. Also I didn't know that weredogs were stronger than werewolves smile that's kind of comforting since my pack has a couple of fairly cocky ones in it. Right now my pack lives kind of spread out now but i'm sure we'll all get back together eventually and it will be nice to be able to hold my own when they start "playing."

By the way, have you ever actually gotten to go outside and stretch your legs after you transformed? And may I ask, what kind of dog are you?

#18 2010-04-25 07:41:31

nash201
Website

well i have not 100% transformed and am not 100% sure but the most transformed ive ever been was only a full tail but i was lucky because it was at night after the first full tansformation you can gain full control and im a weredingo i did not find out at first when i first found out i went into denial also your vampire friend was almost right after 5 years you become more powerful also i think thats about the time when you can actually become an alpha almost forgot to add i can share personal infomation because i dont leave my first name on sites and i am always changing my infomation to lead to another location to avoid sharing my location

Last edited by nash201 (2010-04-25 08:01:40)

#19 2010-04-25 15:59:41

weredogpuppy
Website

Ah i see, so the first few transformations will be unknowing, and if weredogs are unaffected by the full moon is there anyway to know for sure when it will happen? Also I can understand not wanting to give out personal information, but if you ever need to share something you don't want everyone on the internet to see you can always contact me at my email which should be listed on my profile smile

#20 2010-04-26 13:12:25

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Weredogpuppy, I'd be suspicious of this nash dude. He sounds like he is RPing.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#21 2010-04-26 16:50:10

weredogpuppy
Website

*sigh* i hope not, i thought i was finally getting some information hmm

#22 2010-04-27 01:00:52

WolfVanZandt
Website

Why in the world would you think you're getting information. Is the sign of information "as far out as possible?"

#23 2010-04-27 03:48:32

nash201
Website

my infomation is not too accurate and im not RPing anyone there would be no point to it i only share what i find out P.S. ShadyHowl i would get rid of some of your personal information if i was you i already have enough to track you down

Last edited by nash201 (2010-04-27 03:57:34)

#24 2010-04-27 04:16:27

Moonlit Hunter

weredogpuppy, I have some thoughts that may be helpful to you. If you are interested in figuring out what it means to be a weredog, perhaps the thing to do would be to first research dogs. Wolves and dogs are so genetically similar that dogs are considered to be a subspecies of wolf (canis lupus familiaris), and it is accepted that dogs are the decendants of wolves (not the decendants of coyotes, jackals, or any of the other canine species that are physically capable of interbreeding with dogs and wolves).

So what makes a dog a dog rather than a wolf? What distinguishes them from wolves? The short, easy answer is that they are dogs because they live as companions to humans and have humans as their packs - rather than living in the wild with other wolves. But, of course, nothing is ever completely simple. There are a host of questions that can be asked from that starting point, such as - what made the wolves who first became man's companion do it? What about them craved human companionship when the others did not? Was it just a matter of being in the right place at the right time, or were there other factors, such as personality, involved? Also, how has living alongside humans changed them over the thousands of years that they have done so? Socially speaking, wolves are more alike to humans than any other animal. This could partially explain why dogs have become man's best friend - we understand each other. But just as living with a dog can change us, living with us changes them as well.

So if I were you, I would start my research out by learning more about why a dog is a dog, what makes them different from wolves, ect. If you have a dog, you might try seeing if there is a local dog park in your area. Sign your buddy up, and start taking him there regularly. You can learn a lot just by observing how the dogs at a dog park interact with each other as well as with the humans present. Each dog has a different personality, and sometimes the breed of dog they are influences that as well. I have a Siberian Husky, a breed that is reportedly more like wolf in personality and behavior than most other dog breeds. When I take him to our dog park, it is plain to see that he plays a little differently than non-huskies. Other huskies tend to follow this pattern as well.

I guess even if you don't have a dog, you could visit a dog park. Just be careful, cause dog owners might get paranoid that you want to snatch theirs.

#25 2010-04-27 10:18:39

nash201
Website

moonlit hunter got into a subject that might be helpful dog breeds depending on the breed changes the strengths and weaknesses im thinking about setting up a way of getting the average levels of strengths and weaknesses of therians to learn more about our kind

Last edited by nash201 (2010-04-27 10:19:54)

Board footer