The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-21 21:57:19

Skin_Walker
Website

possibly a scientific explanation for those with doubts

did you know that there are more dog attacks on humans during a full moon in the UK during the start of the year, and less in australia at the same time? and vice versa
i don't have any doubt in it, but it does fit the folklore
it does fit the convention
there are positive and negative ions from the moons atmosphere
and physicists have said that these ions produce more anger and hostility
during a full moon
so
for those looking for an explanation
there is one more to your list of queries you don't need to worry about

to overcome fear, you must become fear
as the sun reflects off the moon, the sheer sound of darkness
will not overpower our journey to hunt, to fight, to perservere
as our strength is kept alive by never giving in

#2 2010-03-22 05:03:18

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Re: possibly a scientific explanation for those with doubts

Stop being silly.  The were-moon connection is fictional.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#3 2010-03-22 11:19:09

Skin_Walker
Website

i said possibly. i'm not being silly, i put forth a scientific explanation for those who believe in the reality of things and not just the fiction. the werewolfs connection the moon is wrong, yes, but as for canines and other dog like creatures, then this information is scientifically correct. if i believed in it, i would've made my point to a higher degree by now, don't you think?

#4 2010-03-22 12:35:14

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Could you elaborate on the scientific debate about positive and negative ions from the moon and their effect? If it's an actual theory, I'd like to see more about it.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#5 2010-03-22 13:05:31

Berserker

There's no science here. This is a made-up fantasy.

Our Marcuse, only better.

#6 2010-03-22 14:56:37

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

I thought as much, but I also figured it's only fair that we give him the opportunity to present his 'science'.

#7 2010-03-22 16:04:24

Skin_Walker
Website

ye, again, i'm stupid. exactly what i was going for.

taken from the policeops website:
The term Lunatic is derived from the word Lunar (Moon).

Simply put; Hormonal reactions to increased positive ions in the air (Full Moon Effect) cause hyperactivity, depression, violent behavior, road rage, higher occurrences of migraines and asthma.  Even bees are known to sting without provocation on higher positive ion ratios.

The Israeli Army considers the Sharav wind (high in positive ion concentrations) a natural enemy of an efficient fighting force. They even have a term for this reaction called "Bedouinism" which means the soldiers cease to be alert, or effective fighters during the wind. 1
In some middle east countries, Judges are more lenient on criminals if the crime was committed during increased positive ion wind conditions.

These periodic winds blowing in from the desert are called the Sharav. University studies in Israel concluded that increased positive ions can cause an increase in violent tendencies.

The Biochemical Reaction
Just about all the air you breathe has some quantity of Aero-Ions. Ions are charged particles in the air (between a few hundred to a few thousand per cubic centimeter). Some ions are negatively charged (Negative Ions) and some positively charged (Positive Ions). After years of research around the world, Ion Scientists have determined over and over that an imbalance in the ratio between Positive and Negative Ions has a profound effect on both your mental and physical well being.

For every one day lost among the group of people working in negative ion enriched air, there were sixteen lost among the people working in normal air.
Swiss bank study of over 600 employees 
If you breathe large amounts of positive ions without an equal amount of negative ions, you will actually become lethargic and in some cases sick (high positive ion concentrations in the air are associated with the full moon). Air containing more negative ions and fewer positive ions has shown to be beneficial and without side effects. That is why negative ion generators are sold around the world.

75% of  the general population react favorably to negative ions but are adversely affected by positive ions, while the other 25% react in the opposite way, finding higher positive ion days euphoric and higher negative ion days boring.  These people compensate for the stress caused by positive ions with sufficient adrenaline production.

In other words, 75% of the general population goes into different ranges of depression and 25% become hyperactive. We are all affected somewhat by higher positive ion ratios. There are no side effects from negative ions.

Bank employees went from an error rate of 2.5% before negative ion generators were installed, to an error rate of 0.5% while working in negative ion enriched air.
South Africa bank with 90 employees
Ion research from around the world has proven that Serotonin overproduction stimulated by higher positive ion ratios is the primary cause for many of the problems associated with positive ions:

In the 25% of the general population during higher positive ion ratios, short term increase in productivity occurs (attributed to hyperactive adrenaline production).  After extended exposure or duration to positive ions, this increase in productivity quickly turns into poor performance (attributed to a weakened or exhausted adrenaline gland).

i'm not trying to put forth a theory, but for those who believe in science over religion, this might make something clearer to the realisation of a werewolf nature in everybody.

#8 2010-03-22 16:51:53

WolfVanZandt
Website

There never has been a connection established by science between the full moon and increased behavior except that more light at night allows for more activity. I would expect that goes for any animal that has eyes.

#9 2010-04-19 21:24:54

CrimsonRiver
Enigmatic Unwonted

Another theory regarding this seems potentially plausible. Since the moon controls the tides, they are usually worse during a full moon. The human body is mostly composed of water, so you would think that if other kinds of water are being affected by the full moon, that the water balance in humans would be affected in some way. Don't think there has been any tests about this, but I haven't checked.

Humanity is dust, within humility's splendor. I offer you the emptiness which you seek. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind.

If bullshit were music, you'd be a big brass band.

#10 2010-04-19 23:55:03

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

CrimsonRiver wrote:

Another theory regarding this seems potentially plausible. Since the moon controls the tides, they are usually worse during a full moon. The human body is mostly composed of water, so you would think that if other kinds of water are being affected by the full moon, that the water balance in humans would be affected in some way. Don't think there has been any tests about this, but I haven't checked.

....WAT.  NO.  GTFO.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#11 2010-04-20 14:14:13

CrimsonRiver
Enigmatic Unwonted

SherlawkDragon wrote:

....WAT.  NO.  GTFO.

NO U!

Humanity is dust, within humility's splendor. I offer you the emptiness which you seek. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind.

If bullshit were music, you'd be a big brass band.

#12 2010-04-20 22:55:59

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Pwnd

Board footer