You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-19 19:03:08

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

my OTHER story

here is a story that just popped in my head one day
-------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter one: Cold castle

I will tell you some things about me, simple things, not my whole life mind you. First off, I am a vampire. I cannot remember anything before I was turned, so do not expect a long boring story. To understand me a little better, lets start from the beginning.

The first thing I remember is waking up on a cold, hard slab of stone. Now, at that time I couldn’t remember anything at all. I didn’t know my name or where I was, only the word vampire and what a vampire was and that I wished be one since I was little. I pondered that for a minute trying to recall who I was and where I was, and then I realized my eyes were still closed. I slowly opened my eyes and beheld ten or more people around me. I couldn’t figure out why, but they looked a little odd. Then I looked around. It was amazing! I was in a castle! The walls were made of smooth gray stone, with vines crawling up the walls through the cracks in the faded stone. The windows were all covered with black cloth, except one.

So beautiful the window was! The uncovered window was a stained glass picture of a light blue dragon offering a king mounds of gold. The sun made the window glimmer like diamonds and cast a reflection of the window on the ground. Why would these people cover up such beautiful windows? Why not allow the sun to show the beauty of them? Then I realized why they looked odd. Their skin was pale and their eyes had a reddish glow!Could they be the very things I wanted to become? Could they be my family? As soon as I thought this, one of the them, the leader I suppose, walked over to my side and said,” No we are not your family, but we are vampires. We have known of your love for our kind since you first found out about vampires. Do you remember anything before you woke up just now?”

His voice was calm like he knew me. He looked old, like you would expect a grandfather to be. He had a blue bathrobe on like he just got out of bed. Odd for a vampire…I didn’t know who he was, so I responded truthfully.” No, I don’t remember anything except about vampires.” When I said that, he frowned, apparently not liking my answer. He walked off towards a group of people and started to talk to them with a worried expression, making me worried. Suddenly I felt tired, and was trying to keep my eyes open when the old vampire came over to me and said in his calm voice,” Sleep now, we will explain it all later tonight.” I drifted off to sleep with the picture of the window in my mind.

I woke up in a bedroom. When I looked out the window, which was uncovered, I saw that it was midnight. The room looked the same as the part of the castle I was in before, just smaller. I was lying on a slab of stone, like before with a small table next to it. There was a glass on the table. With water probably.hmm…I am thirsty…with that thought I sat up, grabbed the glass and drained it. Then I realized that there weren’t any candles. Anywhere. I could see like the sun was streaming in through the window! Everything was bright like a candle or torch was lit. Then I stopped and wiped my mouth with my sleeves. When I saw my sleeve I shuddered and stood staring at it. My sleeve was red. That wasn’t water! It was blood! Then I smiled. I am a vampire! I started to do a little dance until I saw, what appeared to be, a thirteen-year-old boy in the corner. I blushed, a little embarrassed that he saw me dancing, then I asked what was, at the moment, on my mind. “Am I a vampire?” he laughed and said, “Of course you are…why do you think there was blood in that glass? Do you want to know anything about your family?”

I thought it rather funny the way he said that about the blood glass. If I don’t remember anything than I’m fine with that… “Only one thing” “and what might that be?” “Are my parents dead?” He looked at me like I asked him if I killed someone. “Yes…” he answered after a moment, “Would you be upset if I said we killed them?” I was shocked by his answer but somehow it didn’t bother me “actually…no, I wont." He smiled. “You will make a wonderful vampire. Let me show you how to hunt for your own blood.” He stepped out of the shadows and I could see that he was as pale skinned as the rest of them, but he looked like a normal 13-year-old boy, albeit a little tall. He had short blonde hair and his eyes, like the rest of them, held that red glow. “What, don’t I get a glass a day or something like that?” He laughed again and said,” We aren’t going to serve you blood like some sort of queen, we already have one but soon you will-“ He cut off his sentence short,” I will what?” I asked quickly. “Nothing come on lets go, I’m starving.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------
so?whadaya think?oh and the darn italics wont work ><

Last edited by Moonfur (2009-03-20 17:53:34)

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#2 2009-03-19 19:23:37

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

Re: my OTHER story

Very good!

But, there are still soem grammatical errors. Everytime a character talks should be a new paragraph, and if a new character starts speaking.

<3

#3 2009-03-19 19:26:17

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

sawy...

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#4 2009-03-19 21:30:03

vampfire

i think it was great moonfur but you need to continue your stories i dont like cliffhangers ha ha

but still kudos

keep to the shadows and never be seen, enter the light keep senses keen

#5 2009-03-19 21:37:47

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

thank and i write as fast as i read so ill have th next part up tomorrw or the next day ok

#6 2009-03-20 15:37:18

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

It's a rather unique premise, Moonfur. the idea that the protagonist was obsessed with vampires to the point of envy, and the object of her obsession claims her. However, she's okay with it, even to the point of being careless about her family's fate. It's rather unique. The vivid description of the stained glass window was captivating.

It might work better if the protagonist 'drains' the glass instead of 'downing' it.

Again, the premise strikes a chord of originality, and I'd be interested to see where you take us with this.

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#7 2009-03-20 17:52:43

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

thanks for the critacism Grayle(i have fixed the downing situation smile )

Last edited by Moonfur (2009-03-20 17:54:33)

#8 2009-04-07 00:23:55

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

...sry so much guys had a block for a bit heres chapter 2
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 2:blood

At this time, we where in a small village that was a little ways from the castle. Jordan, the boy, won’t tell me what its called. Now, we where thinking of a name for me. We thought of simple names like Mary or Lila, but we didn’t like any of them so we gave up. A little old lady came over to us while we were wondering around, and said,

“My dear you two look sick, are you alright?” To that Jordan said,” we don’t get out much ma’am. We are fine.”
  “But you are deathly pale…oh my God! I know what you are!” With that she started off scuttling toward the center of town. Jordan told me that this town still believed in vampires, so if she started shouting vampire, the newcomers would be assumed to be the vampires, witch we were. Jordan disappeared somehow, so I was left alone in the town of vampire haters. Oh why did I want to have a challenge to feed? I looked around nervously, fearing someone would notice us, until Jordan came back and he said,

”Time to see if you can handle yourself.” I was scared to try and go anywhere by myself, but I knew he was going to make me anyway, so I hesitantly stepped into the crowd of already agitated people. I was scared but Jordan said that if I didn’t feed, I would go into a state of thirst that I can’t control. And we didn’t want that.

I wondered aimlessly until my body was racked with pain! It burned and felt like I was frozen at the same time! I stumbled like a drunk through the streets in desperate search of blood. If I go into town like this…ill definitely be killed! I wondered around until I found a drunken man in an alley. He looked so good at that time. I walked over to him and without thought I grabbed him and sank my fangs into his neck. There was no thought, no playing with him. Just blood. The great wine that seemed better than any drink I ever had, or I thought because I never had a drink I could remember. As soon as I drank I heard the clapping of gloved hands. Jordan…he has the gloves of a noble? He stepped into view, and I saw he had the clothes and cape of a rich noble.

“How did you get those clothes?” To which he replied,” How do you think? I stole them from a stupid drunken noble. The idiot was stupidly drunk at night.” I was happy to be in such company. We promptly waked back to the castle, full of the red, beautiful wine.

#9 2009-04-07 00:51:30

Fenrik Malifex The White
The Broken One

not bad moony can't wait to see chapter three mine friend...and i didn't see any errors*looks over the chapter again* you spelled which wrong instead of witch it shoud be which but that was the only one i saw and i really like where this is going keep it up

I'm like a broken blade, used to many times to be repaired, too many pieces of my shattered being to be mended, cast aside by those close to me. Broken, abandoned, Betrayed, disgraced...
But soon all who wrong me will discover that even a broken blade can kill...

#10 2009-04-07 01:00:16

Fenrik Malifex The White
The Broken One

oh i see it now gosh now i feel stupid for missing it LOL

I'm like a broken blade, used to many times to be repaired, too many pieces of my shattered being to be mended, cast aside by those close to me. Broken, abandoned, Betrayed, disgraced...
But soon all who wrong me will discover that even a broken blade can kill...

#11 2009-04-07 08:27:40

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

i dont care,error say away

#12 2009-04-16 08:44:46

Yuri_Araxia_Akela
Website

oh cool wens chapter 3? smile

"Do not meddle in a werewolfs business - it is private and you will never get a straight answer"

#13 2009-04-16 13:58:39

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

uuh...>forgot about story<very soon(i hope).

#14 2009-10-15 13:56:52

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

oh....i remember this.i know where I can take it,too.

#15 2010-04-27 09:26:42

vampfire

i commend you again very well done my friend

keep to the shadows and never be seen, enter the light keep senses keen

Board footer