The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-02 01:45:31

WereWolfH

Harry Potter Werewolves

I know there was a topic at one point here it is again. So, I started to watch the Harry Potter movies again and found myself wanting to reread the books.

Is anyone a fanatic? My question is, did JK Rowling envision the werewolves to look the way they did? I know she's an artist and did her own drawings but they were forced to stay hidden. Just curious if that art of hers is out. I'm excited about the werewolf villian showing up on the big screen.

I'm about to restart reading Prisoner of Azkaban now.

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#2 2010-06-02 20:49:11

KidWerewolf36

Re: Harry Potter Werewolves

I hated how they looked in the movie. Sorry. Good concept until they came up with that. I like the villian werewolf in Half Blood Prince. Let's hope they use him really well.

#3 2010-06-02 21:15:55

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

In the book, I imagined Lupin as just a really big wolf, not a mutant rat like in the movie. tongue

I'll come down and get you high.  Maybe sing you a lullaby.  Sing you to sleep, a sleep you'll never wake from.  Sing you to coma, so to speak.

#4 2010-06-03 11:53:50

Viergacht

I don't recall them ever being described fully, but it's been years since I read it. I do remember on the werewolf test there are mentioned ways to distinguish a werewolf from a normal wolf (tufted tail and something about the pupils) so presumably they were intended to look like a basic wolf and not a mangy baboon on stilts.

#5 2010-06-03 12:22:10

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

Some of you might find this interesting.

http://hyper-aggie42.deviantart.com/favourites/#/d7p6bp

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#6 2010-06-03 18:28:34

Rogue
Lunatic

Viergacht wrote:

I don't recall them ever being described fully, but it's been years since I read it. I do remember on the werewolf test there are mentioned ways to distinguish a werewolf from a normal wolf (tufted tail and something about the pupils) so presumably they were intended to look like a basic wolf and not a mangy baboon on stilts.

*laughs madly*

WARNING: IF YOU CAN'T TAKE A JOKE . . . STAY AWAY FROM ME!
"I'm not in a bad mood. I'm practically sociable."
"All I know is that it hurts like hell, and as soon as I can get off this floor I'm gonna find that bastard and kill him!"
http://running-rogue.deviantart.com/      http://www.facebook.com/supergayadventures

#7 2010-06-07 00:36:38

WereWolfH

cool thoughts? opinions?

#8 2010-06-23 11:24:10

WereWolfH

Can someone tell me how come the werewolf bad dude looks kinda beastly in human form and the Professor Lupin looks human? Just curious I like the bad guy's look.

#9 2010-06-23 11:50:04

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

who Fenrir Greyback? he was a werewolf for a long time and i recall something about his appearance being affected by it and the fact that he enjoys shifting and killing/changing people
but then again i cant really remember that well and i still havent read the deathly hollow so....

And if strength is born from heartbreak,
Then mountains I could move.
And if walls could speak,
I pray that they would tell me what to do

#10 2010-06-28 20:36:42

WereWolfH

UlfrAndi wrote:

who Fenrir Greyback? he was a werewolf for a long time and i recall something about his appearance being affected by it and the fact that he enjoys shifting and killing/changing people
but then again i cant really remember that well and i still havent read the deathly hollow so....

yeah Fenrir. I was curious how come he looked moreso like a werewolf in his "human" state than Lupin does.

Board footer