The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-27 03:09:45

MIXXDUP

Stories of a Teenage Werewolf

This is my first book/story/series that i have ever writen and posted for my peers. Please give me truthful criticism and suggestions on grammer and structure. Thank you for reading.

Stories of a teenage Werewolf
Overview

As a teenager only 17 years of age Chris is confronted by a dark secret. No one is allowed to know. His friends and only his friends know anything is going on. His parents simply play it off as teenage hormones. Little be known to them that their son is actually dealing with demons greater than anything they could ever imagine. New people come into Chris’ life at the oddest times. When all seems doomed they seem to shed new light on the situation. Little known to Chris they are the roots of his problems. Only friends seem to be able to be trusted here, only some friends can be deceitful. Hang on to your hats people, these are the stories of a teenage werewolf.

Last edited by MIXXDUP (2008-06-27 03:45:03)

Holy gently caress Me It"s Been Too Long!!

#2 2008-06-27 03:32:20

werer
Sniffer
Website

Re: Stories of a Teenage Werewolf

MIXXDUP wrote:

This is my first book/story/series that i have ever writen and posted for my peers. Please give me truthful criticism and suggestions on grammer and structure. Thank you for reading.

Stories of a teenage Werewolf
Overview

As a teenager only 17 years of age Chris is confronted by a dark secret. No one is allowed to know. His friends and only his friends know anything is going on. His parents simply play it off as teenage hormones. Little be known to them that their son is actually dealing with demons greater than anything they could ever imagine. New people come into Chris’ life at the oddest times. When all seems doomed they seem to shed new light on the situation. Little know to Chris they are the roots of his problems. Only friends seem to be able to be trusted here, only some friends can be deceitful. Hang on to your hats people, these are the stories of a teenage werewolf.

Well, I think it sounds like a blurb that you see on the back of the book, it's prodded my interest. The only problem I had with this is 'little know to Chris they are the roots of his problems', it seems like punctuation, or maybe a mistype is there. I think that you could add more interest to it if you try changing the point of view, I don't know though, you might like to experiment with that idea; writing something in different ways and seeing which one catches the most attention.

There's a method to my madness, and a madness to my method.
When you feel your skin startin' to itch, and your senses start to reel, it's werewolf time!
*Sniff sniff* I smell art! big_smile

#3 2008-06-27 03:44:29

MIXXDUP

Thank you i caught it and it is my spell chack. (it sucks) The spell chack does not have the correct spelling of some words and likes to change what i type. I will try the changing point of views, Thanks again

#4 2008-06-27 05:00:14

Danton the Werewolf

Hmmm... very interesting! I wouldn't mind reading that story.

"I'll tell you the meaning of life: It's not to live, but to die."
~Norther

Bored? Then click here.

#5 2008-06-27 05:18:17

MIXXDUP

Thanks. I will have the characters posted soon.

#6 2008-06-27 15:09:28

punxnotdead

Me as well. I'll give you a few suggestions, though, just in case.
If and when you begin writing, I'd first write an outline. This helps to reduce writer's blocks (trust me, it works - it's the only way I've gotten so far in my story)
Also, when you're writing the story, describe everything around the character and envision his/her surroundings as though in a movie. Describle all scents, sounds, sights and emotions. That adds alot of character to the story.
I can't wait!

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#7 2008-06-27 16:56:50

MIXXDUP

Thanks punx. I will be sure to add those factors in. My outline i will more than likely not show you guys, And like Werer said it is similar to a blurb about the book on the back cover. It is very faint and will more than likely become a series.

#8 2008-06-28 00:45:01

punxnotdead

MIXXDUP wrote:

Thanks punx. I will be sure to add those factors in. My outline i will more than likely not show you guys, And like Werer said it is similar to a blurb about the book on the back cover. It is very faint and will more than likely become a series.

No problem...it is good to have every main event mapped out, 'cause trust me, writing ain't an easy feat...though by the sounds of  yours it seems like it will flow nicely.
Anywho, I look forward to it.

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#9 2008-06-30 19:12:23

The Busboy
Administrator

Interesting overview, sounds kewl.

#10 2008-07-01 00:31:47

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

I agree with Werer that this sounds like a summary on the back of the book itself, and it does a great job enticing interest in the reader. Punx also gives valuable advice on working from an outline as to where you want to take the story.

A word of warning, though: due to the nature of your storyline and the characters involved, I'd recommend on being direct about how he became a werewolf. Since it's a secret kept from his parents and the story will focus on the relationships with his friends, the lycanthropy isn't inherited genetically. In that case, he must have been bitten or cursed at some point in his life. Make sure you go over that point for the reader's sake, so there's no doubt lingering in their mind about his origins - does that make sense?

What's also interesting about this is that, although your synopsis shows this to be a story with a particular audience in mind, it will also be something that everyone who has ever been a teenager will be able to relate to, effectively expanding your audience to adults as well.
  Very intriguing! Keep us posted!

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#11 2008-07-03 13:30:28

MIXXDUP

thanks. I will have the characters posted by the end of the night. I dont have football practice tommorow so i will actually be able to write some.

#12 2010-06-28 05:15:20

MIXXDUP

OK it's been two years >_< I completely forgot about this until tonight... errr this morning lol. I was going through a lot when I was 16 and now that I'm 18 I will be more focused on the story. Tons of interesting things will be going into this story now that I have more life stories to tell 8D

#13 2010-07-01 06:20:20

lonewolf13

cool, can't wait for it
smile

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. ...In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth...."
    Alphonse Elric --- Fullmetal Alchemist

Board footer