The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2010-07-15 22:40:13

KidWerewolf36

Re: Female werewolfs

lil' Wolfen wrote:

There was a female in the third film, for obvious reasons... *CoughLucian'sbirthcoughcough*

But, perhaps its just because women are "weaker" than men? In the first one, they had nearly been wiped out. The ones left were rough males in a big pack conspiring to kill the vampire elders. There is no need to breed when a species is immortal, plus bitting more humans results in increasing their numbers, so perhaps females are irrelevant.

In the second film its pretty much the same. Females fail to be of use. The third film takes place before they were nearly wiped out, so I suppose that is why there managed to be a female to birth Lucian.

I think censorship is a key factor too. Like someone said previously, we can't really have a film with a bunch of nipple ridden werewolves running around and expect it to go well with the jerks who rate films. I am not exactly sure why that would matter, since I see real ones in other movies all the time, but meh. Who knows.

I think they excluded any females from the film that were not supporting actresses to the lead chikies because they would pull your attention away. A female werewolf would just be another character to focus on, when really the main point of the first two films is the focus on the relationship between the girl and guy, I forget their names.

I am happy with the films as they are, even without any female lycanthropes. I just wish we would have seen more of William. Its a shame he dies so quickly after being released. Was he even in the third film? Was Marcus for that matter? I need to go watch them all again.

they had females but they didn't show them shifting I don't think, so in theory some of the werewolves were female but the look of them is very much the same as males.

There's a female werewolf on The GATES and on True Blood (debbie's her name), and Twilight's Eclipse, so women are starting to get their turn.

#27 2010-07-16 02:41:02

lil' Wolfen

I think the reason there are not many female werewolves, is because women are just not threatening, and evil looking. Men can be, but not really women.

And... are we all forgetting the ones In...

Blood Moon
DarkWolf
The Howling
The Howling 2
The Howling 3
The Howling 5
isn't there one in Wilderness too?
Ginger Snaps 1
Giner Snaps 2
Ginger Snaps 3
Werewolf the Devil's Hound
Dog Soldiers
Cursed
American Werewolf in Paris
Wolf at the ending

I am sure there are more, that is just all that is coming to me right meow.

Yes, there are much more male roles as werewolves than female, but then again, isn't that the way it is for just about everything? I certainly see more male doctors, lawyers, and farmers in movies than female ones, so I am sure being a werewolf would get no different treatment. smile

"Let's go back to the cabin and get into a lil' beastiality!" ~ Mitch - Big Bad Wolf

#28 2010-07-16 08:47:26

zockereinstein

KidWerewolf36 wrote:

There's a female werewolf on The GATES and on True Blood (debbie's her name), and Twilight's Eclipse, so women are starting to get their turn.

I'm interested at the female werewolf on The Gates, just because it's the first time that someone mentions it. Someone has seen her yet? Anything to talk about?

#29 2010-07-16 13:55:42

ArcLight
Website

lil' Wolfen wrote:

isn't there one in Wilderness too?

Yep. She's the main character.

"How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf."
"Werewolves are BAD ASS." - Dean Winchester
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchak - Buffy - Doc Savage
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

#30 2010-07-16 22:52:26

Viergacht

lil' Wolfen wrote:

I think the reason there are not many female werewolves, is because women are just not threatening, and evil looking. Men can be, but not really women.

Maybe not brute strength, but there are a lot of scary, evil women . . .

#31 2010-07-16 23:07:41

Reptile

Viergacht wrote:

lil' Wolfen wrote:

Amy Whinehouse comes to mind.

WARNING: The contents of this post may be vitriolic and/or offensive to samurai warriors, ninjas, tough dudes, computer using felines and people with pure wolfy spirits. Viewer discretion is advised.

#32 2010-07-17 03:16:22

lil' Wolfen

Viergacht wrote:

lil' Wolfen wrote:

Oh yeah... I forgot about the ones who like to file for divorce and hide away kids... tongue tongue tongue

I kid I kid.

I think women can make sexy werewolves, like Marcia Lura from The Howling.

I kind of like it that women are not common among werewolves. It makes the ones who do appear a little more exotic and interesting.

"Let's go back to the cabin and get into a lil' beastiality!" ~ Mitch - Big Bad Wolf

#33 2010-07-21 15:14:22

WereWolfH

zockereinstein wrote:

KidWerewolf36 wrote:

I'm interested at the female werewolf on The Gates, just because it's the first time that someone mentions it. Someone has seen her yet? Anything to talk about?

there are two now I think so far. Not sure if the werewolf's momma is one either which would make 3. There's this hot I think Spanish model that's on now. She might be the new love interest. She has this 1980s hottness look to her

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#34 2010-08-15 19:59:19

WolfMontana

lil' Wolfen wrote:

And... are we all forgetting the ones In...

Blood Moon
DarkWolf

o.O  No you didn't!

AUGH! Now I have scenes from that pile of shite playing in my head again! NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*stomps off to find more bleach*

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#35 2010-10-05 20:50:30

Lupa

I think it's just because if you take a step back and look at then Werewolves come off as way more Masculine. Hence why there are more males.
Personally, despite being female, I'm not going to complain... not in the slightest... ever. I really only like male werewolves anyway.
Female werewolves always seem to come off a bit, at the risk of a pun, bitchy to me.

Dead I am the Dog, Hound of Hell you Cry
Devil on your Back, I can never Die

#36 2010-10-06 14:31:22

CrimsonRiver
Enigmatic Unwonted

I'm noticing the one film that has an all female pack of werewolves hasn't been mentioned yet, but that's because it's one of three or four side stories throughout the film. I'm talking about Trick R Treat.

Humanity is dust, within humility's splendor. I offer you the emptiness which you seek. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind.

If bullshit were music, you'd be a big brass band.

#37 2010-11-11 10:50:11

tebaldo86

Dyal you think like me. I would also like to see many more films about female werewolves, but unfortunately, there are few. We hope that they grow up. Who said that lupe wer are not sexy? There is an ongoing discussion that I have opened a new blog, also enters you in on ...
wink

Female werewolves Forever!!! lol

#38 2010-11-11 11:11:17

tebaldo86

http://www.loboleo.com/sawil/sawil_port00.jpg

Yeah!
Great work!
female werewolves Forever!

Female werewolves Forever!!! lol

#39 2010-11-11 11:29:34

tebaldo86