The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-05 13:27:25

lil' Wolfen

The first chapter to a novel I am writing....

This is the first chapter to a novel I am writing. Its been years in the making. I just never have time to work on it more. Basically, it starts out as a story about a pack of wolves, but as you progress in reading you come to find that this pack is not of wolves, but of werewolves who are at first wolves, but slowly begin to change until they become human.... Yes.... The opposite of a werewolf. lmao. I dunno. might just keep them wolves, but I always thought a werewhuman would be cool. lmao

Wolf's Blood
by ~Suicide-Fox

The earth churned under the pawpads of a large animal that ran, zig zagging between trees, and brush. The ground was a bit cold, but the moisture from the previous nights rain made it damp and soft. A chilling wind gave the trees an errie sway, as many leaves began their journey from high above, to the ground below. Fall had already set in for the vast mountains and forests of the Alpine Territory. It was the most wild region of the planet, ever since the humans took claim to the land, and destroyed all but a few untamable wildernesses.

The animal continued to run through the forest, its eyes glowing an amber in the pale half-moon light. Streaks of moonlight through the trees showered the animal on ocassion, reveiling its flowing coat of silver. Large tracks were left behind as it continued on its way, seeming strongly focused on its journey. The trees ahead thickened, and its pace slowed. Darkness enveloped it as the clear nights moon was unable to peek through.

Paws slowed their gate across the path as the terrain became more cluttered, the brush more dense. The animals thick fur helped keep the dense brush from doing damage to its skin as it pushed through. Its paws contacted stone and granet that marked the beginning of the mountainside. Beyond the brush, was a negotiable path, lined with large boulders, but otherwise bare. The animal continued, and with one failproof leap, it landed gracefully in the moonlight beyond, onto the path.

It was a wolf, and a big one at that. Obviously a male, his coat shone more brighter in the light of the moon. He was a magnificent animal. Eyes a deep amber, and a coat as silver as the moons reflection on a still ponds surface. He looked to either side, and up to the moon, as if reassuring himself it was still there. His head leaned back, and with a deep breath, he let out a long, heartfelt howl. His ears all but disappeared againts his large head.

As the howl ended, he looked down to his feet, ears now perked up, ready to detech the faintest of sound. Nothing echoed in the night, but a cricket chirp, and an owl hooting. He shifted his rear legs, and took another breath, before letting out another howl. Still, there was no response. His eyes surveyed the path for a moment, then he continued on.

Further up the mountain, the big male stopped, and listened, but he didn't let out another call. Unsatisfied, he let out a slight growl, showing the faintest of his fangs. They were brilliant, and glistened in the moonlight. He was a hunter, and those fangs had no doubt seen many, an animals death. The food chain was topped by mostly wolves in these parts, with the acception of the rare bears, or cougars that came out of their dens to feed.

The wolf continued on, beyond the boulder lined path, and over a large hill that lead to a dip where a river flowed during the high rains. It was much chillier out in the open, and the fur on the wolfs back stood on end. He shook it off as he ran, his ears still listening to the night for any howls.

Further down the path was a small pool of water. It had once been a hole a great boulder had rested within untill an earthquake had shaken it downhill. The hole had been filled by the night befores rain, and the wolf stopped before it, sitting on his hunches.

The wind picked up slightly, ruffling the wolfs fur a bit as he looked around and listened for the presence of any other beings. He heard, nor saw anything and bowed his head, tongue laping up water.

He had been running for over 3 hours now, trying to find his way after tracking and chasing off a cougar that has entered his territory. Most wolves stayed away from cougars, but he was big and smart enough to know how to handle them. He had his home to protect, and that had been his sole goal for the past day and a half.

As he continued to lap up the cold water fom the small pool, a snap was heard to the rear. The wolf didn't jult up, but his tongue hide away in his mouth, and his lips pulled back, reveiling those fangs of his. His ears turned back, and his muscles tensed. It was wise to not bolt, for if it was a predator, it would pounce on him, before he could turn around.

He waited and listened for any movement.

From the rear, a slight trickle, as if a pebble was slowly falling down a slight, stone hill. The wolfs ears pulled back further, and he sniffed lightly, trying to identify whatever it was behind him, but before his nose could register the scent, a loud snap echoed. Whatever was behind him had revieled its exsistance, because it had just pounced.

The wolf reeled around as fast as he could, jumping away, thoughts of a cougars sharp claws keeping him from wanting to be the enemy's landing. As his body turned in his leap, a flash of gold, more of a blur, side blinded him, and he tumbled over it, landing on his side, face in the pool of water. He abruptly stood up, head soaking wet and dripping, his fangs bared as he let out a vicious growl.

The gold blur landed more gracefully, and had already stopped and turned to face the wolf by the time he had stood. Moon light revieled what the gold blur had been, and the males fur no longer stood on end, however his teeth remained bared.

"Kali, what do you think you are doing? I could have killed you!" The male warned the gold blur, which now was revieled by the light to be a gold wolf. It was a female, and her fur was a shiney, and a beautiful golden color. Her eyes soft and as caring as any female could offer, were a cool ice blue. She licked her nose and grined a bit at the male.

"I was just having a bit of fun, Gren. No need to get vicious with me. You used to do it to me all the time." Kali said, shaking herself and stretching a bit.

"Yes, but that was when I wasn't chasing off cougars, or any type of predator that could make little of a wolf that was caught alone and off guard. This is our territory." Gren nodded and looked away, back to the moon. "Why did no one answere my calls?"

"There is another pack, neighboring to us, and the others believe they have been coming in, and hunting our game. We've called a silence. No more hunting. If another kill is found, we will know the cause. Prey is hard to come by these days, and the pack is too big." Kali said, her eyes lossing some of their tender and warm touch, her ears lowering a bit.

Gren noticed the change in Kali, and troted towards her. He bowed his head down, to look her eye to eye.

"The pack has gotten bigger, but it will manage. It always has, and always will. This is our territory, and we will find a way, or expand. Winter is almost here, and for now we need to ensure the young ones will be able to hunt and help. the more wolves hunting, the more food." Gren said, a softness in his words as he looked off towards the far west, where the great sea laid beyond the biggest of the mountains.

Kali laid down, left front leg crossed over right, and she laid her head on it. "This pack is still too big, and I'm tired of helping to raise pups that I have not birthed."

"Don't worry Kali, one day you will find yourself a mate, and have pups of your own. Perhaps you will even start a pack of your own. Would you have room for an older brother by chance?" Gren asked, jokingly. His grin faded though as he looked to Kali.

"I don't want to have a pack, or a mate. I think its time I leave the pack, Gren. I think I should leave tonight"

"Nonsense! There will be non of that talk. I will not let my younger sister wonder off into unknown territory by herself. You are part of this pack, and abandoning it is unheard of." Gren said, his fur beginning to rise. He and his sister were always close, but Kali could always manage to get under his skin and annoy him at times.

Kali didn't say a word, she only pushed up, now sitting, and she raised her snout, sniffing the air. She could detect the scent of the pups, their den wasn't far off. She had never liked any of the pups, however, a runt named Taint had always been her favorite since she had rescued him from a brush fire that had killed off her older sister, and pups. Taint had been left for dead by everyone, but Kali had gone back, and rescued him.

Kali had dispised the whole pack for a long time for leaving him behind, however, he was quickly growing, and it was obvious Kali took good care of him. He was the first of his age to join in a hunt. He was still young, a young teenagers by human standards, but he was clever. Kali smirked a bit at the thought of the pup. She had been gone for over a week, scouting out where prey was at, and where new game trails were.She missed the little runt, and she was eager to see him again. in her mind, thoughts of taking him with her when she did leave the pack began to arise in her mind.

"Let us return to our packmates, Kali. I am sure they are eager to hear from you on new prey, as well the news of the cougar." Gren sighed, stretching his back out and shaking his tail. He walked to her side as she stood. It was obvious how big Gren was, his shoulders much higher than Kali's. Her body was much more thin, and compact than his. He was big and muscular from all the hunting and fighting he did for his pack. Soon he would take over and become the new alpha, but in some ways he already was.

Both wolves took off, not another word spoken, heading towards the familiar smell of the distant pups. Kali's lacked in size compared to Gren, but her senses were far more keen. She picked up her pace a bit, and Gren smirked at the thought. He burst into a full run, a game for the two of them. It was an unspoken race to the pack, and Kali had always managed to beat her brother. Her smaller size, and lanky body gave her the speed, her brother, having the strength.

Overhead the endless deep blue sea flowed, millions of stars gathering and shining their glory for all to see. The moon lighting the wolves path as they ran. Winds slowly died down, and far to the west, clouds began to journey closer. More rains were on their way for the territory of the wolves, and soon as it would pour down on the pack, so would the news Kali had to share of her findings while searching for more prey to hunt.

"Let's go back to the cabin and get into a lil' beastiality!" ~ Mitch - Big Bad Wolf

#2 2010-07-12 13:54:30

curiousape

Re: The first chapter to a novel I am writing....

not bad, i rather like it, you should continue your thread of thought, and weave your tale to its fullest

if you expect something to happen, it will; whether good, bad or judgmental 
but if you hold no expectations, the world opens up with myriad possibility

#3 2010-07-17 03:21:38

lil' Wolfen

Re: The first chapter to a novel I am writing....

Thanks! I am currently working on the next chapter. I originally had more, but this was written several years ago, and I have somehow misplaced the other word documents to the other chapters. I will be bringing my netbook with me to work for awhile, as I work on rewriting the next chapters.

"Let's go back to the cabin and get into a lil' beastiality!" ~ Mitch - Big Bad Wolf

Board footer