The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-24 09:54:58

nash201
Website

Help i need to join a clan of therians

if anyone can help me by othering me to join there clan if it helps im a weredingo and i dont want to join a clan with over 30 members

Last edited by nash201 (2010-04-24 09:55:27)

#2 2010-05-09 15:07:24

Thira-Alpha
Website

Re: Help i need to join a clan of therians

Um its called a pack. But sure! You can join my pack of wolves. Were known as Pack of Silent River. Pick a rank: Pup mother, spy/lookout, hunter, apprentice, or guardian.
-Thira

-------------------------
Howling
Its a Hobby ^_^

#3 2010-05-09 15:08:49

Thira-Alpha
Website

We have 'bout 16 wolves. We have 3 males and 13 females
-Thira

-------------------------
Howling
Its a Hobby ^_^

#4 2010-05-09 15:21:32

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

nash201 wrote:

if anyone can help me by othering me to join there clan if it helps im a weredingo and i dont want to join a clan with over 30 members

No.  The answer is no.  That is a stupid question to ask to an internet forum filled with strangers.
You don't need to "join a clan", and you shouldn't join one unless you know the people in it.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#5 2010-06-06 20:51:30

Arfarf

omg i didnt realise we had pakcs i wanna join one i think u are wrong sherlork da internet is fien i am a 14 ywr old werewolf tho i dunno how to change yet can i join your club

#6 2010-06-07 04:25:01

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

I think Arfarf is less sophisticated troll.

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#7 2010-06-07 18:23:09

Arfarf

im not a troll i jsut dont know how packs work y not expalin instead of b**** at me???

#8 2010-07-16 01:43:49

Vespertinus

Arfarf, try reading about wolves and their packs. Learn about what you say you are. Look around the forum a bit. I have heard of slight differences in pack rules so go read about them.

-No wonder I get along with dogs so well!

#9 2010-07-16 02:19:13

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Thanks new guy, that was a good post.  Unfortunately, ArfArf left a while ago, so there's little help in reviving this dead topic to respond to him.
Anyway, hope to see more of you...

#10 2010-07-16 04:21:10

lil' Wolfen

Sherlawk, your welcoming personality, and charming comments always make me smile. tongue

Anyways, where did this tern "clan" come from? I have never heard of a group of wolves, let alone werewolves referred to as a clan.

LW, this section is meant to be a serious discussion of therianthropy-related topics. Please refrain from making unrelated comments. I have edited out such portions and left those which pertain to the subject above. Thank you. -WW

Last edited by White Wolf (2010-07-16 20:01:20)

"Let's go back to the cabin and get into a lil' beastiality!" ~ Mitch - Big Bad Wolf

#11 2010-07-16 21:48:06

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

lil' Wolfen wrote:

Anyways, where did this tern "clan" come from? I have never heard of a group of wolves, let alone werewolves referred to as a clan.

It's from Underworld or some movie like that.  With therians it's either a "pack", which is like a support group, or a "Coven", which is like a study group.  Most therians aren't in packs, and even fewer are in covens, as neither are really that important or useful to be in...  I've been thinking of starting one myself though...

Also, I'm not meaning to sidetrack the discussion here, but WhiteWolf, why did you just cut that out of his post? (I read it before you did that, and there was nothing bad in it)  I wish you'd calm down about this deletion stuff...  I don't like seeing perfectly appropriate posts getting chopped up in the name of "relevance"...

#12 2010-07-16 22:10:20

White Wolf
Dreamer of the East [Moderator]
Website

The reason I cut out half of the post is because adult swim does not deal with therianthropy and was not relevant to the post, neither was the perv comment or discussing what foods he was eating. I do not edit posts often (I have only done so twice), but I will if I believe it is unrelated to the topic. Anyone can say most whatever they want to in any of the other forums, but since this section is meant to be more of an academic and informative discussion oriented towards those who may not know what therianthropy is and came to this site because they knew of nowhere else to turn, it will be held under a higher scrutiny.

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#13 2010-07-16 22:20:30

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Since when did we start having this policy?  That's the first time anyone's brought this up.
I didn't see anything wrong when I looked at his original post, and everyone here makes posts like that all the time.  If you want it to become more "academic" and "informative", you need to SAY SOMETHING before you start deleting people's posts, because there isn't anything to tell us that.  I also don't understand why you're suddenly making this push after going so long without it...

PS: I guess we should move this to your personal thread, so I'll go quote this there and we won't have to continue it here...

#14 2010-07-18 19:52:16

WolfVanZandt
Website

The term "clan" (and it's related term "sept") was used extensively in the White Wolf RPG Apocalypse which was about Werewolces. In real life, a clan has little to do with Werewolves and everything to do with geneology. A clan is simply a root family and septs are offshoots of that fammily. I bet there's a Wikipedia article on clans and septs.

#15 2010-07-18 20:40:34

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

ok i feel that i am gonna say something ignorant here in a sec so please forgive me if i do. i thought a clan was more of along the lines of several packs that dont live or hunt together but still have gatherings to set up mutual laws or celebrate certain occasions with their own kind. anyways sorry if all that was ignorant or stupid etc.

And if strength is born from heartbreak,
Then mountains I could move.
And if walls could speak,
I pray that they would tell me what to do

#16 2010-07-18 22:12:04

White Wolf
Dreamer of the East [Moderator]
Website

Don't worry about asking questions UA, that's why we have this section. wink

To answer your question, it sounds more like what you're describing is something that deals with RPG or Hollywood werewolves. Most therians don't have packs/clans as someone well versed in fiction would recognize. Of course this is generalized, but most therian's (wolf therians at least) "pack" really only include close family and friends. There are some actual established "packs" out there, but I really don't know too much about them and am somewhat leery of whether they're just people playing around... anyways, back on topic. Most therians are pretty private folks who don't go around telling everyone they meet that they're a therian, and therefore, many times people who they might consider to be in their "pack", might not even know about it.

I'll use myself as an example. I don't really use the term "pack" that often because it seems something more instinctual than constructed, really. Therefore I typically don't call it anything and don't really even think about it, it's just intrinsically there. However, if I were asked who I would say is in my "pack", I would answer easily: both of my parents and my three best friends. Neither of my parents know that I am a therian (although no doubt they notice I'm different all the time). Out of that whole lot, only one other is a therian whom you would have seen around here (Vindacator). That's it, there's really no special voodoo behind it or anything. Those are just the ones who I feel close enough to to consider part of my family, and really, that is all a pack is: family.

So basically, there aren't any clans: at least as far as therians are concerned, because there are no special occasions or laws... well, other than the laws of the government. tongue

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#17 2010-07-18 22:35:30

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

hmmm my family must either have tried to set up something or maybe it was just really old(yes therianism is common in my family). but whatever the case is thank you for the information and what you have just posted i feel a little more well informed now.

And if strength is born from heartbreak,
Then mountains I could move.
And if walls could speak,
I pray that they would tell me what to do

Board footer