The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#126 2010-07-21 02:06:10

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Re: So you want to be a Werewolf

Hi FunnyName.  I looked up that video with ScifiGuy and it made us chuckle a bit.  I've heard of therians who have relatives, and even parents who are therians aswell.  It's not too common though, so...

VanZadnt> I has musk too.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#127 2010-07-21 11:52:11

Edwin'sCorner

Yeah I love Edwin's corner "It's highly important to pick the correct brush when sand painting" haha, Well cool, *sighs audibly* that makes me feel loads better about the kids thing.

"The stars in the night they lend me their light to bring me closer to heaven with you" - "Gunslinger" Avenged Sevenfold

#128 2010-07-21 20:37:11

WolfVanZandt
Website

It's not even close to consensus that it's genetic. I think it might be but that's rather contoversial. If i is genetic, and it's genetic the way I think it is, a child would have to get it fom both parents because I thing it's probably recessive.

Domesticates produce less musk than wild stock. I think the musk issue is more related to degree of domestication than directly related to therianthropy.

Last edited by WolfVanZandt (2010-07-21 20:40:44)

#129 2010-07-23 00:04:33

Edwin'sCorner

hmm. well That makes me feel a whole lot better about kids because my guy isn't therian and the musk thing just makes me feel wild.

"The stars in the night they lend me their light to bring me closer to heaven with you" - "Gunslinger" Avenged Sevenfold

#130 2010-07-25 06:43:38

Moonlit Hunter

I can't wrap my head around this "musk" concept in regard to human beings. Some people smell good to me. Some smell bad to me. Most smell overwhelmingly artificial. I have trouble with people who wear pefumes and other artificial scents, and that is almost everyone. I don't know that I have ever identified smelling a person's "Musk," though that could just be a matter of labels for me. Maybe it is a brain-fart thing? I have known a few people in my life who do not shower as often as they should and who don't wear deodorant. Their odor was nauseating and bad.

I think what it would take would be someone pointing it out and saying, "See, THAT is what I mean by musk." And then I would probably be like, "Ooooooh! That! Now I get it." Failing that... whenever I see the word musk, my mind immediately flips to people who don't take good care of themselves, and thus smell rancid.

#131 2010-07-25 07:12:44

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Musk is basically when you give off your individual scent, which you have being an animal of a species which is made to deal with territory.  It's extra strong in more animalistic people, even if they're clean.  It's not so much a bad smell as one that might make someone uncomfortable from having "your territory" broadcasted constantly. (which they might think of as "bad")

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#132 2010-07-25 14:03:41

WolfVanZandt
Website

My musk smells bad to me. I've actually checked with some people that I can trust with such talk, and they are not negative about it. Musk isn't a concept, it's a substance - it's  not about smelling good or bad. Actually, for me it's more about the oily nature of my sweat in places that make it very uncomfortable. It's about not liking to go to bad without taking a shower (where I notice that others shower in the morning). And it's about requiring that, if I'm going to camp in a campground for any length of time, there will be a shower there or I'm going to be a very grouchy Were.

#133 2010-07-25 18:24:29

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

I like the smell of my own musk, it's a very me smell.  Though it does get itchy at times...

#134 2011-02-04 06:07:29

wolfie306

well i me and myself want to become a were for freedom and strength i guess. i think i might be becoming one but don't know sad

A little old wolf at heart... and mabe something more, Who knows?

#135 2011-02-04 21:25:47

lupinealchemist

With or without deodorant, my sinuses are still offended. I can however identify an individual's musk. One person I couldn't stand within 10 feet of cause his musk smelled like rotten salsa. XP

#136 2014-04-06 18:27:12

DeerLover54
Website

ok let me jsut tell yall something about the country i live in...

#137 2014-04-06 18:29:03

DeerLover54
Website

my mate is my picture..a deer furry who loves my wolf form that loves sex.....and roleplaying with me on the phone..more and more..of our fun in games...

#138 2014-04-06 18:42:08

DeerLover54
Website

And my scent made me get kicked out of the pack i was in! The alpha passed out after i raised my arms! My pack had a musk check....every saturday..we have a race to see who had the smelliest most best smelling musk...Guess who was in first place :p

Board footer