The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Therianthropy
  •  » A pivotal moment in my life (My story and a need for opinions)

#1 2010-07-23 20:02:11

Colby

A pivotal moment in my life (My story and a need for opinions)

(I was going to delete this but i believe i will leave it up for anyone who wants to read/comment. I know that this seems like just another "Am i?" thread but i didn't intend it to be so generic, And there is much more to tell than what i wrote, Also i know that many of these things i stated don't have to be related to therianthropy. I am slowly getting to know myself and will make the decision myself whether my feelings are real or not i simply wanted other opinions)

Alright so this is my first post on this forum and i want to introduce myself by telling a bit about myself and what i believe might make me different.
To start with my name is colby and im 16, i know being so young can cause some people to think less of someones thoughts and opinions but i assure you i tend to act very mature for my age and i always have, That being said onto the subject of this forum and my main point.

I'll first say that my entire life i have been sort of a loner, never choosing to have friends even when given the chance. When kids my age were playing hide and go seek, playing with action figures and more i was always more of the observer. enjoying nature and i was more reactional rather than engaging with other people.

Getting a bit older around the ages of 7-11 my temper began to get so uncontrollable i was a menace to my family most of the time, it became much more than a rebelling or temper tantrum, One wrong word and as hard as i would try i would go into a deep rage. Flipping things over and clawing.. Yes clawing at the floor and walls. I have been checked out by doctors and i show no signs of mental issues.

I was and am still otherwise an extremely calm person but i cannot be controlled once i go into these rages as i call them my family have even told me i scare them while i am in them i snarl, Raise my upper lip to show my teeth and i breath very heavy and begin to glare. This was not inspired by tv or movies because i did not have access to any movies or tv like that untill about 13 or 14.

I have always been proud, stubborn and EXTREMELY territorial, Whenever new people come around me i tend to focus on them right away making alot of eye contact and putting alot of attention on their smell and body language. I feel constantly on edge untill i get to know them for at least a week, Constantly feeling as if they are invading.

I could go on with some things i find strange about myself but for the sake of making this somewhat reasonable in length i will try and wrap this up.
Looking back the past two years i have become aware of the therianthrope community and i've been carefully looking at myself trying to decide if i think i might be this. It is not something i take lightly and i do feel like it comes natural for me but i realize that it could be something i've created in my head.

So what does everyone think, I know that no one can tell me for sure if i am or if i am not but in your own opinions does it seem like i could have therianthropy or anything of the sort? Thank you for reading this and i hope i can get some honest opinions because it weighs heavy on me teetering on the edge of this.

Last edited by Colby (2010-07-25 07:49:08)

#2 2010-07-25 05:10:28

Moonlit Hunter

Re: A pivotal moment in my life (My story and a need for opinions)

It is possibly that you could be therian, however nothing that you have stated would point to it that I can see. Having a bad temper is a sign of low self-control, not necessarily therianthropy. I have known many, many people in my life who have had anger issues and who have had trouble controlling themselves when they get angry. None of them have struck me as the type of people who would be therians.

The parts about disliking new people, ect... That doesn't necessarily point to animalistic behavior either. It could, but it doesn't have to.

Is there anything else? Like, for example, is there something that makes you just -feel- like a non-human animal?

#3 2010-07-25 07:21:15

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Ok, honestly, if you can't be bothered to read the FAQ or browse a few of our posts to get some research, I have no idea what makes you think we can be bothered to read through this massive, poorly researched "am I a therian" post.  NOTHING you said there has not been addressed MANY times before.

So, to answer your question, I'm gonna say NO: you haven't given any indication that you are one, just alot of unrelated stuff which shows you did no reading before-hand.  Go read some stuff, then decide if you want to keep posting.

To the mods: I think we should start giving a "Do some research and ask in the 18-page long 'am I a therian/werewolf?' thread which is already there." response and locking these.  They clutter the forum and don't provide any new discussions.  Any thoughts on that?

Edit: By the way ScifiGuy, he never gave his height. >:|

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2010-07-25 07:23:50)

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#4 2010-07-25 07:41:51

Colby

Well im sorry if i bothered you by posting this. As i stated i wanted to introduce myself and i wanted opinions. I have read pretty much everything about therianthropy you can imagine and that is still nothing compared to a human opinion. i wanted some personalized answers, no one had to post you know?

Also in response to moonlit hunter yes i've always felt that way. and obviously i wrote too much so i wont write all of those down but i have always felt like things are not right in my life, Like i should look different, act different etc.

But being raised in a very strict christian household my entire life i always thought these animalistic tendencies were "evil spirits" or things of the sort, It was only a few years ago i began to notice that these things were not evil at all and that i could not truly control them, began to get depressed if i didn't accept this part of me. I'm going to stop here now although i could go on with much more.

And i am not ill researched at all, i can see how all of the threads asking can be tiresome though, especially with the amount of "forum trolls"/crazed twilight fanatics.

And also in response to a question asked, i am 5'8 and have always been a great bit taller than my age group as a kid.

#5 2010-07-25 12:57:53

IndyWolf

(backs away slowly)

Dude, you sound a little bit unbalanced. You act a little bit too much like a Hollywood-style wolf depicted in popular culture, not like a real wolf or werewolf. I think it's entirely possible that you're not entirely sure how you view yourself, how to act, or what to do with yourself. You're just in need of some human emotions and positive wolf experiences, like happiness, joy, and a clear state of mind. If you can find something that works for you, then let me know, because I'm not entirely sure how to help you.

Also, you've got to keep your inner wolf in check and remember to rule out your animalistic emotions with your human conscience. Only then will you acheive true serenity. Thank you for your time.

#6 2010-07-25 15:30:56

White Wolf
Dreamer of the East [Moderator]
Website

I agree Sherlawk, that's a good idea. From now on, anyone who wants to address whether they might be a therian or not needs to keep it to the thread that was started for that subject.