The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2009-11-19 01:58:36

Little Blackfoot

Re: How do i locate a werewolf?

Ah.... hmm..... I suppose our knowledge about weres is still too general to really know anything specific for sure - theroetically this means its impossible to know for sure if you've found one short of actually seeing them physically transform.

"Can you see me now?
I've got my arms spread wide open
Under your beautiful sky -"
Kan'Nal ~ Desert Flower

#27 2009-12-16 17:30:15

wolfheart

hi there. Kinda new at this, but i wanted to add my 2 cents: for me silver feels hot when a human feels it as cold and vice versa. Idk if this happens to others or not. Just thought i'd throw that out there.

Winter, personified

#28 2009-12-16 23:30:07

WolfVanZandt
Website

Nope. I've never noticed anything peculiar about silver.

#29 2009-12-20 17:16:22

choondooga

I actually do have a silver allergy. Which, fortunately, rarely gets in the way.
Bravo for all wooden or glass jewelry!

All I know is that they hurt like hell and as soon as I can get up off this floor I’m gonna find that bastard and kill him.
- Gabe Ambrose

#30 2009-12-20 23:43:05

WolfVanZandt
Website

I've known several people with silver allergies. Most of them are Mainstreamers. It seems to have something to do with the way their sweat leaches silver out of the alloy. Silver in solution is caustic and irritates the skin in very small amounts.

#31 2010-07-23 14:49:38

IndyWolf

WolfVanZandt wrote:

I've known several people with silver allergies. Most of them are Mainstreamers. It seems to have something to do with the way their sweat leaches silver out of the alloy. Silver in solution is caustic and irritates the skin in very small amounts.

I guess the reason why werewolves are allegedly allergic to silver is probably because of the salt. Originally, silver rings were ground up and mixed through with a saline solution, and I've known plenty of people who were allergic to salt. Then again, you could've gotten lead poisoning back then, too... =P

As for the OP's question... I believe everyone has an "inner animal" inside of them, which is kinda like the "inner beast" concept, except different. Strictly speaking, it means that everyone has an animal most similar to their personality and characteristics inside of them, and if you bring it out, you can link it to your human psyche and become an animal-man (or animal-woman).

Honestly, though, you could know someone for years and never know he or she is a werewolf, but you have to find the right kind of person. Look for people who are open-minded, creative, intelligent, and with a belief that there's more to the world than plain old science and matter. Better yet, look for someone who actively tries to find, look for, or make weirdness or entertainment out of the mundane. You'll certainly find someone.

I'd recommend going to the Rocky Mountains and the American and Canadian West, though. Plenty of werewolves (and regular wolves) there. wink

#32 2010-07-23 20:36:48

WolfVanZandt
Website

Heh, one of the densest populations of Therians in the US is in the Southeast.

They're so hard to spot simply because they're so normal acting. Unless you watch very closely, you'll never guess that a person is a Werewolf. The subtle hints - Mainstreamers usually filter those out.

#33 2010-07-24 11:28:11

IndyWolf

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Heh, one of the densest populations of Therians in the US is in the Southeast.

You have a good point, there are plenty of cats there as well as wolves.

They're so hard to spot simply because they're so normal acting.

Mainly, the technique I use is to scan for people who are genuinely awesome. I've noticed a pattern that most werewolves I found were either awesome or vicious. It's easier if people have brown hair and brown eyes, since brown fur is very common among werewolves and regular wolves. (I should know because I'm one of them. XD)

Unless you watch very closely, you'll never guess that a person is a Werewolf.

Yeah, it's the same thing for me when I try and determine what kind of Therian someone is. Sometimes, it's very obvious when you think a little, and other times, you have to think a lot.

The subtle hints - Mainstreamers usually filter those out.

Yeah, and for me at least, it reflects in my music tastes. I've always preferred alternative and indie music. XD And yeah, although I've interacted with the mainstream, I've never fully been a part of it, which is why all of my social events are outside of it. (nods)

Last edited by IndyWolf (2010-07-24 11:29:41)

#34 2010-07-24 17:09:07

WolfVanZandt
Website

Well, I'lladmit that I'm rater awesome but not all Weres are quite there - I mean, look at Sherlawk over there......

Anyway, there does seem to be a predominance of dark hair in the Therian community, but that's also true of the overall human species. Also, some of the pups like to change their hair color.

#35 2010-07-25 04:42:48

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Sherlawk

WolfVanZandt wrote:

's

WolfVanZandt wrote:

awesome

I, sir, am a Dragon.  Take note of that important point.

Edit: Does this belong in the Therianthropy section?

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2010-07-25 07:25:16)

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#36 2010-07-25 12:25:34

ShadowTrail

DevonX wrote:

Hi. I live in a town in norway named lillestrøm(lillestrom). I have always wanted to meet a werewolf, but how can you know you havent meet one already? is there anything that you can be 100% shure about? if not whats the best way to locate one?

Ok. Im not sure if you ever read this, but for some unknown reason, somebody keep bumping this thread.

If u want to meet REAL werewolf :p just go to norwegian woods and look for very hairy man, lumberjack perhaps, that lives far away from other people.
You can reckognize their hut, because they pile human skull near the back door. Reallly. (Werewolf nead to eat too! And you are dinner)

But.. if you  are looking for a THERIAN  (not even close to werewolf) than you must be **king kiding me. I can find at least ten in few sec of searching, even when i dont have account in some obvious places. (and no i dont known norwegian)

Best way to look for some therian in your God forgotten country is joining Furry Community (thats from my personal experience). I make it even more easy for you : Join this DA group http://norpaws.deviantart.com/ and ask for clues. For example Swandog IS a therian (and a christian) , if u ask nicely she redirect you to others who may live closer to your town

One of Swandog images (im almost sure somebody will like this, here big_smile)
http://images.epilogue.net/users/swandog/trinity.gif

IndyWolf wrote:

Mainly, the technique I use is to scan for people who are genuinely awesome. I've noticed a pattern that most werewolves I found were either awesome or vicious. It's easier if people have brown hair and brown eyes, since brown fur is very common among werewolves and regular wolves. (I should know because I'm one of them. XD)

No really , you are a brown peltet regular wolf?? And you run across the city and scan people? (with x-ray machine i suppose?)
Awesome!

#37 2010-07-25 15:01:16

were4real

I need help, after my 30th birthday my thought process completely changed.

I only sleep about 3 hours, can not eat enough meat, and at 3-5am I take my husky for these long walks through the woods and don't remember them too much when I wakeup at 7am.

I feel the need to be dominate in any male pride atmosphere. I thought I was going crazy until I found this site, and researching Therianthropy.

I just thought of a couple more things, I can now move my ears, and it tends to happen on its own when a odd noise happens. I'm 6-4, 220, but feel like I can run faster now then when I was in top shape playing basketball. I've always loved close to rare meat and have been nocturnal.

I don't feel wolf persay, more stealth and agile like.

Last edited by were4real (2010-07-25 15:13:09)

#38 2010-07-25 18:20:54

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Were4Real> You could be a bit less obvious of a troll, you know that right?

ShadowTrail wrote:

Ok. Im not sure if you ever read this, but for some unknown reason, somebody keep bumping this thread.

Wow, it's from last year... I forgot about that part...

But.. if you  are looking for a THERIAN  (not even close to werewolf) than you must be **king kiding me. I can find at least ten in few sec of searching, even when i dont have account in some obvious places. (and no i dont known norwegian)

Well... This will find you Therians, it's just not likely to find ones nearby...

Best way to look for some therian in your God forgotten country is joining Furry Community (thats from my personal experience.

I would agree: I first found the Therian community through the Furry Fandom.

One of Swandog images (im almost sure somebody will like this, here big_smile)

VanZandt and the members of Christian Therianthropy will probably like this.

So, I say again: does this belong in the therianthropy section, or was it about fictional werewolves and got sidetracked?
Edit: I just looked back, and I think it is.  I'm asking ScifiGuy to move it when he gets on.

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2010-07-25 18:33:39)

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#39 2010-07-26 00:52:33

WolfVanZandt
Website

It was rather cool.....but I'm not on Christian Therianthropy any more - I didn't unconvert, it's just that I closed down my ATT Internet account and WebTV isn't compatible with that site.

#40 2010-07-26 01:16:08

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

...How is it incompatible??  I thought internet was internet...

#41 2010-07-26 19:49:02

WolfVanZandt
Website

There's considerable difference between a computer browser and an Internet appliance. WebTV doesn't have any internal memory to speak of and it's MSN so competing companies' file types are generally off limit.. You can't download programs. There are quite a lot of file types you can't open including Java, Shockwave, flv.You can open mp3s, Windows media files, and real media files if they're small enough - they have to be really small.

I can't log in to the Christian Therianthropy site, so I can read parts of it but I can't post.

#42 2010-07-27 03:22:15

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

...Why are you using WebTV?  Isn't it better to ditch that for real internet?

#43 2010-07-27 21:15:30

WolfVanZandt
Website

Well, I have real Internet at the office - but although the administration is very liveral about me using it for personal reasons, I don't want to push their good graces by doing too much forum/chatroom stuff.

Also, my website is administered via WebTV and I don't want to transplant it unless  have to, so I have to keep the WebTV and it does almost everything I want and it's cheap.......cheap is good.

Board footer