The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-05 12:30:50

SilentKiller
So very silent its killing

What about our senses?

Do we therians have better senses than others?

For me I dont think we are like werenaimals in the movies. Where they can hear really really well, see very well and in the dark, smell everything, incredible strength and such. I do believe though we might have a little more aware of our senses.

I dont have good eyesight vision. I guess I can hear things better because everyone else is busy not paying attention to their surrounding areas. I am strong but I am not hella strong where i can pick up heavy things and throw them around like nothing. Smells come and go, some days are better than others to where I can smell almost everything. I have allergies. lol. But one thing I know I have is my awareness to things around me. Like getting bad vibes off of people. To know when someone is lying, angry, and such. Knowing that an animal/person is near. Having great instincts like something bad is about to happen. So far my all my instincts are correct. I wasnt sure how to describe certain things so bare with me. tongue

What about you guys?

Sorry if it is in the wrong posting area. lol or if someone posted something similar to it.

Having faith is better than nothing.

Dont worry I wont bite you. I only bite people I really like.

#2 2010-08-05 15:13:58

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

Re: What about our senses?

well there is a type of shift (Sense shifting if i remember right) where when you shift, you have the senses of your theriotype (like better hearing, or smelling etc) but i dont have that. although i do get the knowing when someone is near without seeing or hearing them. i get a slight ringing sound in my mind and soon after i find out that there is someone out in the hallway comin' this way.

And if strength is born from heartbreak,
Then mountains I could move.
And if walls could speak,
I pray that they would tell me what to do

#3 2010-08-05 15:48:33

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

(This belongs in the Therian section.  I'm reporting it to SciFi, so he'll move it.)

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#4 2010-08-05 16:14:00

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Good thread.  This has come up alot on the therian ccommunity.

Alot of therians do have improved perception, but I've come to believe that this is all because of the whole animal mindset: we are more attuned to the senses which humans have but learn not to use.  I can recognize people's scents and footsteps and see in the dark, all because I make a point to utilize those abilities.  There's also an alteration to my senses when I shift, so that comes in too.

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#5 2010-08-05 23:42:23

SilentKiller

thank you for moving it.

#6 2010-08-06 08:41:56

JayJay
The Inner Beast

I agree with Sherlawk, we as therians, just pay more attention to our sense, and therefor, have a greater scope of what our senses can accomplish.
I have very strong instincts, which i never ignore, even in an inappropriate situation, because i'm not a regular person, i'm a timber wolf therian, and to a timber wolf, instinct is law (Besides alphas, of course)
I'm also stronger than most people, but i've got a strong build, so that could just be it

Last edited by JayJay (2010-08-06 14:22:52)

Let them resist, We will hunt forever
-Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger

If you look in the dictionary for the word "Monster", You'll see a photo of me

#7 2010-08-06 13:30:35

Moonlit Hunter

I go along with the whole idea that therians may have better senses than others because they pay attention to what their senses are telling them, whereas most other humans do not pay nearly as much attention. Though there is a range of ability that humans can have, so some humans do have better hearing than others (especially if some of them blew their eardrums out listening to loud music as teens), or better smell, and ranges in eyesight are well documented (just think of how many people wear glasses). My eyesight sucks, and it seems to get worse every year. But I have very good hearing and a very good sense of smell. I can see in the dark nearly the same as I can see in the light... but that's not because I have night vision. It's because my vision sucks anyways. And something about having bad vision forces you to pay more attention to other cues.

#8 2010-08-08 21:11:07

WolfVanZandt
Website

Aye, and just think of how my heightened Therian senses react to this fine pasta with it's thick tomato sauce loaded wiih hot Conecuh sausage and breast-meat chicken......grrrrraugh!

Heh, heh - oh, want some?

#9 2010-08-08 21:22:44

SilentKiller

no thanks >.> lol

#10 2010-08-08 21:59:03

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

i want some of that pasta lol.... it is sounding realllllly good right about now lol

And if strength is born from heartbreak,
Then mountains I could move.
And if walls could speak,
I pray that they would tell me what to do

#11 2010-08-08 23:18:08

WolfVanZandt
Website

Heh. Eat yer heart out.

Of course, if you ever end up at a Howl I'm attending.....

#12 2010-08-10 16:55:00

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

By the way, If I can ever get 5 or more therians, I'm gonna try and set up a howl in Okeechobee.  Would you be interested in attending, VanZandt?

#13 2010-08-18 03:41:38

vhayes8886

for me i need glasses but i can smell better (2 examples 1: i could smell pizza 1/2 block away 2: i can smell the moisture to be able to tell how bad its going to rain and when), i can hear better , i always get good or bad vibes off of people but that can be confused in rare occasions (ie. i hadn't seen my cousin since we were small and he was nice and good. next time i saw him i got a bad feeling about him. since he was my cousin i ignored it. turned out he was smoking and was about to get into drugs)

Last edited by vhayes8886 (2010-08-20 12:39:06)

#14 2010-08-22 13:47:38

WolfVanZandt
Website

Interested - yes, very - but that would be a very long trip for me. I don't know if I'll ever be financially able to make such a trip - when do you have in mind?

#15 2013-12-22 20:09:13

Silvermoon

UlfrAndi wrote:

well there is a type of shift (Sense shifting if i remember right) where when you shift, you have the senses of your theriotype (like better hearing, or smelling etc) but i dont have that. although i do get the knowing when someone is near without seeing or hearing them. i get a slight ringing sound in my mind and soon after i find out that there is someone out in the hallway comin' this way.

I go through those kinds of shifts and during them i can see, hear, and smell better than most people.

~~Silvermoon~~

Board footer