The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-22 17:07:37

wolfblood17

Chronicles of a Psycopath

Prologue novel to a series completely unrelated to Ruby Caves.  Granted, the werewolf doesn't show up for a while.... there are were-leopards too! smile  Not for the squeamish!! yikes

1: The Brat Nightmares

West-haven Elementary, California
About 11:30
June 8, 1995

My emotions were only held intact by the radio.  It was some new heavy metal group, I don’t know.  Half way through the song I shut the ignition of my truck off.  The heat felt as hot as the rage boiling my veins; it spurred me on.  One of the members of my mercenary team betrayed us.  A friend was dead.

To me, betrayals in the military were unforgivable, punishable only by death.  The gently caressing traitor made two last mistakes.  First off, an excellent soldier was dead.  Second, he didn’t kill me.  If a member of my team is harmed, the culprit answers to me only.  Now I was hunting him.  I was a farmer after the pesky rabbit.

Before I watered the fields with blood, I needed to fulfill my friends dying wish.  He wanted me to see how his daughter was doing. 

I didn’t really feel like getting out of the vehicle.  I was watching the playground closely through my open window.  Lopez, my friend, gave me a picture of his daughter before he died.  I glanced at it again in the passenger seat.  Selena was smiling against an ugly green backdrop.  With darkly tanned skin, her light brown eyes contrasted well.  Something else in her eyes stood out to me. 

They were clear and intense, the eyes of a sniper.  Her father was the greatest sniper in Black Ops history.  Whether she followed in her father’s footsteps or not wasn’t my business.  As long as it didn’t involve me, I didn’t give a gently caress what she did.  If I believed in auras; mine would be the purist form of black.  A girl like Selena deserved far better than the life of me or her father.

Although it was hard to concentrate with a living nightmare; a nightmare that constantly caused me to shudder.  It had to do with watching over a legion of brats no taller than a large dog.  One brat was one too many for me.  I’m not sure how Arnold made it through “Kindergarten Cop”, that movie actually did give me nightmares for a week.  When Selena was born I gave Lopez lame ass excuses to not babysit her for a month.  Don’t get me wrong, sex is great, but I don’t love the potential long term side effects.

The squirming mass of bodies screamed and laughed, it made me shiver now.  It took me a few more seconds to find Selena.  She was swinging, gleeful as the wind blew through her long hair.  Selena was in perfect shape, two legs and two arms.  I could leave now.  The hunting can begin now, no interruptions.  The engine grumbled when I twisted the ignition.  Swerving and honking cars caught my attention.  No one on the playground seemed to notice.

Looking over my shoulder, I saw what had caused the commotion.  A beat up station wagon was tearing down the street towards the school.  A metal guardrail two feet in front of my truck officially ended the road.  I’m not sure the driver knew that.  I twisted in my seat and watched in the rearview mirror. 

The station wagon suddenly stopped halfway through the widened parking lot.  I could hear screaming from in the car.  I couldn’t see them because of the darkly tinted windows.  Three men jumped out a few seconds after the screaming.  They were lanky, all wearing sun glasses. 

The leader had a handle bar mustache and short blond hair.  He was walking faster than the other two, who had to catch up.  The other two men were twins; the middle man had brown hair.  His brother had black hair, he looked suspicious.  Hell, all three men looked suspicious. 

The front and middle man completely ignored me as they passed the truck.  The black haired twin glanced at my scowling face nervously.  He swallowed and kept moving.  He tugged the bottom of his shirt over the small of his back; hiding the waistband of his jeans.  Before he could finish I saw a flash of metal… a gun.

Nobody should take gun into a school.  What were the bastards planning?  I glanced in the rearview mirror again.  The only thing I saw was the bank in the distance.  It quickly dawned on me, I shut the ignition off and threw the door open. 

Grabbing my .9 mm out of the glove compartment, I jumped out of the truck.  The men jogged up the steps to the front double doors by two.  I quickly followed them, not worried about leaving my truck door open.  I pushed the school door open before it closed and a blast of cool air hit me.  I loved air conditioned buildings.

Police cars would be nearby; I needed to worry about getting out of here in time.

Neither of the men noticed the heavy footfalls of my boots.  They were either deaf or extremely determined, it didn't matter for them.  The black haired man was falling behind again.  I was rapidly gaining on him, gun at the ready in my right hand.  I assumed he was the only one of them with a gun.  Unfortunately, assumptions didn't work in the field or in here, especially with so much problems; like shooting children.  Rage burned inside of me, coursing hot adrenaline through my veins.  They stopped and briefly cursed at each other before deciding on the right.  Immediately a sign above them on the wall caught my attention; in large rainbow letters was RAIDER'S CAFE.  They were going for the cafeteria, this was lunch hour, guns and kids never mixed.

Raising the gun an inch, pointing at the black haired man's head, I pulled the trigger.  All three men screamed, turned with horror on their faces, mouths gaping.  The  bullet went straight through his open mouth, exiting the back of his skull in a huge burst of brain matter, blood, and skull fragment.  It splattered against the wall and the two men, who stared at their dead partner's falling body.  Ignoring the fresh corpse, they ran down the hall, for the lunch room filled with kids.  I loped after them, they were fast, I was five feet behind them.

An alarm screamed once, and a high feminine voice passed over  the intercom, "Level three lock down, this is not a drill, level three lock down."

I didn't risk shooting them here.  If I missed, the bullets could go through the wood and strike a kid, completely contradicting why I had a gun here.  For the greater safety of the children. 

They shoved the door open and tried to scramble in at the same time, quickly though, before I reached them.  Using the high momentum I had when running, I lifted my foot at the last moment and let my boot kick the door open with a hideous crack of metal.  Stumbling in, almost tripping, I glared up at the men running down the aisle, kids crouching closer to the tables.  An old teacher stepped up and immediately went for the two men, the others must have been too afraid to approach me.  The blond man pulled a sleek pistol out of the crotch of his jeans, aiming it at the old man's chest, eyes furious. 

These men were really starting to piss me off.  "No guns!" I yelled across the cafeteria at him.

"gently caress off!" he screamed, some of the teachers covered the ears of students.  A collective gasp from the younger kids breathed through the air, as the leader backed up.  His brown haired partner was gripping at his shoulder.  I ran towards them, down the aisles of still confused children, grip in both hands, shooting position.  The men had already thrown the door open, scrambling in, brown haired one last.  He pulled the door closed as I reached it, to late for him; I kicked hard, slamming the door into the back of his skull. 

Grunting, he crashed against the blonde's spine, careening him deeper into the kitchen, ending with an ankle twist and face plant against the heated stove top.  He grabbed his face screaming, falling and convulsing on the ground for a moment.  I didn't watch him fully, focusing on the other man.  A hand grabbed my shoulder, I whipped my body to the side, fist lashing out.  My fist collided with a nose, bone snapping under wrinkled skin, blood seeping over my fingers.  I focused again on the man at my feet, who turned around, I shot him in the head.  I didn't realize my mouth was ajar until some pieces of brain landed on my tongue.  Blanching, almost hurling, I spit out the chunks of undesired flesh.

Last edited by wolfblood17 (2010-06-12 00:27:15)

big_smile (with fangs!)

#2 2010-01-23 07:57:48

wolfblood17

Re: Chronicles of a Psycopath

Here's the end!

"gently caressing splatter," I mumbled, spitting again.

When I looked up, the blonde man had the pistol again.  He was shaking with rage more than fear, his face convulsed in pain, I aimed at him.  Looking him in the eye, I needed to shoot first. 

Wait, the stove is on.  You wanna blow your ass off?  The voice startled me, my face twisted in confusion, it was a woman.  The robber widened his eyes, ready to fire.  I glanced behind him, to the gas nozzles.  Two of them were in fact on.  shite!  I backed up, slipped on the other man's blood.

"You gorram mother wanker!" the man screamed, I leaped back and slammed the steel door.

A muffled gun shot, the bullet struck the door, I leaped forward.  I slipped on the thick blood, sliding to my knees.  A massive explosion crashed against the door, the white painted metal bulged forward.  As I jumped up, flames licked at my feet.  "Everybody run, move!" I yelled loudly, voice drowned out by a second explosion, I waved my hands wildly, gun still in hand.                                       

Waves of students and teachers, screaming in a deafening  mass, swarmed towards the door.  I was caught in the throng, pushed by small bodies.  A young woman, worried about knocking kids down, was in my way.  "Move!" I ordered, pulling her shoulder along with me.  After a moment I let her go.  The dark hallway was filling with students from the classrooms, they were running. 

They nearly stopped when seeing the blood and body of the first man, trying to avoid it.  I shoved the nightmarish brats away with my hands, gripping their hair and almost throwing them into each other.  I needed to get out of here, before the cops arrived.  They could deal with the running kids.  I watched my steps over the blood, narrowly avoiding a few slipping kids, and jerking away from them.  Explosions were rocking the ground, billowing smoke forcing tears into everyone's eyes.  The exit was a sweet release.

Quickly shoving my way down the stairs, I ran to my truck.  Selena was standing by the fence, delicate hands wrapped around the top, a smile on her face.  She was the only one who looked serene in all this mess, no, she looked excited.  Gazing up at the thick black smoke, it was eerie.  I waved to her, she waved back, laughing.  "Bye Dave!" she yelled over the screaming and explosions.

"Bye," I answered, jumping into the truck and starting the engine.  I reached the end of the street as the cops rounded the corner.

Last edited by wolfblood17 (2010-06-12 00:31:08)

big_smile (with fangs!)

#3 2010-01-23 14:30:16

lonewolf13

more please.
smile

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. ...In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth...."
    Alphonse Elric --- Fullmetal Alchemist

#4 2010-04-08 16:13:29

wolfblood17

Finally I am getting the second chapter started in the way I want it... oh, and there are no were leopards.  Anyway, here goes......... what I have now.

2: Stoppers

Ireland
Early Morning
June 9, 1995

A chilled breeze brushed the fields of low grass in cascading waves, in the color of varying shades of green.  My eyes widened in awe at the sight, it was a majestic beauty I've never experienced.  It was obvious I was in the heart of Ireland, I've been to the country before; on a mission to thwart some IRA attacks.  My stay was extremely brutal, but we had breaks during the reconnaissance part of the mission.  What I saw was the eternal and natural beauty, no matter how much blood is spilled.  Now was different, because I wasn't being rushed or shot at. 

The pale waters of the vast Pacific Ocean curled over the horizon and stitched with the dark overcast clouds above.  Rain was quickly on its way, keeping many of the country folk asleep with it's eerie soothingness.  It wouldn't bother me, I loved the rain; the way it cools my nerves, no matter where I am.  Let it pour, I thought, staring up at the sky.  A subtle noise I didn't notice over the maddened waves grabbed my attention.  It was light, but it was definitely there.  I turned to my right, twenty feet away was a brook, oddly placed next to the ocean.

It started from the top of a gently sloping hill and ended at the base in a circle, leaving a minute island of land in the center.  A horrifically gnarled tree took root on the island, twisted trunk birthing two long and curving branches.  The branches had no leaves to speak of but something about it was still lively.  A crow was perched on the branch to the right, watching me with beady black eyes.  Cawing, it flapped large wings sporadically at me.  It repeated the movement, cawing louder.  I guess it was trying to tell me something, I don't speak bird though. 

So, I did something many normal people don't when viewing a squawking bird.  I lifted my arm up and waved, a quick, harmless movement.  The crow nodded it's head in quick jerky movements, the eyes brightened.  A nodding crow; I've heard they were incredibly smart, but I didn't know it would nod.  My heart jerked a bit, in wary excitement more than fear.  "Hello mister crow," I said hoarsely.

It cawed, like an angry scream; and flapped it's wings, taking flight.  Cawing again, it swooped towards me.  Yelping, heart jerking, I ducked, lifting my arms to protect my face.  Talons  brushed the top of my skull in a light arc, I barely felt it but it was still terrifying.  A mercenary being assaulted by a large bird was embarrassing.  At least there was no one to see me, I was alone in this field by the cliff, with a demented bird.

I turned around, and stood face to face with a beautiful woman.  "I'm not a mister," she said.  Her voice sounded like the brook from whence the crow came.  Although, there was no crow anymore; my stomach dropped as I suddenly realized that she was a shape shifter.   

"Sorry," I said weakly, backing up farther, "I didn't know you were a woman crow.  All of you look exactly alike.  How the gently caress was I supposed to know?"

Last edited by wolfblood17 (2010-04-15 19:18:35)

big_smile (with fangs!)

#5 2010-04-09 03:40:56

lonewolf13

nice segment please poet more soon.
smile

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. ...In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth...."
    Alphonse Elric --- Fullmetal Alchemist

#6 2010-04-16 21:21:26

wolfblood17

Here's some other short blurb....

The woman shrugged, long raven colored hair sliding over her shoulders.  Her startling silver eyes were bright with laughter.  They matched the black dress she wore, reaching down to her ankles.  It was embroidered with looping silver lining on the arm, with a twisting curl at the breasts.  It followed her gracious curves into a down turned crescent moon; with balls of the silver material a few centimeters below each pointed tip.  A third, larger ball rest farther below and in between the other two, forming an invisible triangle.

The cool breeze blew more of her hair into her eyes, and I finally noticed the ribbons of silver entwined in soft braids along her back.  She brushed the few strands away, annoyed.  The look was strange on her face, like she was normally in a bright mood.  When she looked back at me with the smile.  "Long hair, it's a b****." She looked me over, like she was over the bird-gender issue.         

I gave her a long gaze, damn she was a beautiful.  "Right," I drawled.  Her random comment about hair scrambled my brain for a moment, along with her beauty.  My heart was leaping rapidly in excitement; I wasn't sure what from though.  It must have been lust, her breasts were very gracious; and her legs were so long.  I blinked away from her for a few seconds, swallowing.  I needed to figure out who she was, and why the hell I was here.  "Who are you, exactly?"

She held up a long, slender finger.  Beaming the authentic smile she said, "I'm Morrigan, a goddess."

"Bullshit, believing you're a shape shifter is already stretching my limits, but your not a goddess."

"Come on Dave, you shouldn't be so close minded.  I'm the goddess of war, prophecy, and fertility.  Why do you think you've never died or been severely injured in a battle?"

My heart leapt, a chill of fear running down my spine.  No one knew my name, except for my team and at least two government officials.  How did this woman know my name?  I was just about to ask her.

"Goddess, duh, deities know most things," she said, cutting me off.

"Is..." I started again, and yet again, she cut me off.  My lips drew down in disapproval.

"Nope, you aren't going to be found by the cops.  Everyone in the school shite their pants so badly, they passed it off as just a fire."

"Oh, well that's great," I paused, blinking a few times, wondering what else to say.  She was answering all of my questions before I asked.  A smile spread across my face.  "Really..." 

"Great, yes, whatever."

I sighed, gnawed on my cheek for a few seconds in frustration.  "Now you're just showing off."

Morrigan laughed, a melodious sound that flowed through the air.  I think she was a bit egotistical, maybe all deities are like that.  I wouldn't be surprised.  Right now I couldn't think of anything to say. 

"You're going to meet someone else when you wake up.  I just wanna warn you, he's a bit bony." she said.

"Uhmm.... okay,"

Trivia: Can you guess who the bony character is?

Last edited by wolfblood17 (2010-04-20 19:31:56)

big_smile (with fangs!)

#7 2010-07-14 06:52:14

wolfblood17

The goddess winked at me and smiled, a loud MOO! droned through the air.  Morrigan frowned and looked around, confused.  "That's..."

"A cow," I offered, cutting her off.  She glared at me, wagging her head.

"gently caress you.  Your alarm clock.  Now wake up!" She waved, blew me a kiss.

In a confusing swirl of green and black, my vision focused on the ugly ceiling of the motel.  Dim green light from the window cast hypnotic clouds of gold and jade; the only reason the plaster might be worth my money.  Even killers like their scenery.  The cow was still moaning tunelessly, and jumping around on the bedside table. I turned my head to the left, and watched as it fell off, growing higher in pitch until it fell into the trash can.

"Riiiight," I drawled at the sight, looking back at the ceiling.  I had more things to worry about then falling cows.  That was really damned weird though...

Who in the hell was this Bony Man?  When was I going to meet either one of these strange people again?  Time was the biggest question in the universe, and I sure as hell didn't have the answer.  My focus was attentive to moving on and finding my friend's killer.  I also didn't fully believe Morrigan was telling the truth about no one speaking about me.  Yes there was a shooting, and a fire, and I was the cause of both.  Somebody was bound to talk about it, an event that large gained local publicity at least.     

I threw the covers off of my body and rolled out of bed.  Joints in my shoulders and knees popping, I stretched, only pausing to yawn.  My stomach growled furiously at me; there was nothing in the fridge of the puny kitchen.  I didn't put anything in it last night, food was my second thought after the shooting.  The first was to leave the city.

Looking around the dismal room one more time, I walked over to the other side of my bed and got to my knees.  The strap of a duffel bag was sticking out from under the bed, I pulled it out with a grunt.  Lots of large guns can make a duffel bag heavy.  Standing, I lugged it to my shoulder, that's when the phone on my bedside table decided to scream.  The loud ring of the phone was so unexpected I screamed, like a woman.  I fell sideways in jumping strife, one of the barrels of a gun slamming into my chin.  Growling in rage I threw it off, leaped to my feet with a soft thump.  I pulled the phone off it's cradle violently, shoving it hard to my ear.

"Ow!  Hello?" I gasped, rubbing my jaw.

"Good morning," a scary voice gushed happily from the other end.  It was like a dry rasp of bone being crushed by rock.

"Who is this?"

"My name... is not important,"

"Okay Not, what do you want?"

There was a choking sound, "What did you just call me?" it yelled.

"Not, you said that's your name." A broad smile broke across my stoic face, I could feel my lips receding happily from the gum. 

"That is not my name!"

"Then what is it?"

"Death,"

big_smile (with fangs!)

#8 2010-08-12 07:59:04

wolfblood17

I just wanted to tell any fans of this story that it will be coming back very soon.  I'm having trouble with imagery and dialog right now.....

big_smile (with fangs!)

Board footer