Bard of the Forum

Lakonian

LOGAN WITNEY IN:
Lakonian
BY
RED WOLF

prolouge:
the summer of '84

Tom and Jane Witney had a problem. they couldn't get pregnant. after a year of trying and failing they had finaly gone to see a doctor. apparently, when Tom was a boy he had a disease that had rendered him sterile. so now, in a fit of desperation, they were walking through the doors of a building they had thought never to enter; an orphanage. they stepped into the lobby and stopped, they didn't know what to do next.  a man behind a desk at the other end of the lobby looked up from the magazine he was reading and smiled, "hello" he said, all perfect, professional joviality. "how may i help you?" "uh, well, um..." Tom stuttered, she didn't have much more luck, "well, we, uh, you see..." he just smiled and said "follow me, please" he led them back to a waiting room and then handed them a card, "now, just wait here, and when they call this number, go back through that door" he said, pointing at a door of to the right. after he left and they had sat down she turned the card over and stared at it;

she shuddered. thirteen, she thought, why thirteen?
thirteen was not a lucky number.

they had waited for about fifteen minutes before their number was called. she had shuddered again at the sound of that number; nothing good had ever happened to her when that number was involved. now they sat in a room looking across a desk at an older woman with graying hair, and blue eyes, dressed in a red blouse and matching dress. she put down the papers that they had to fill out before coming back here and looked at them. "well," she said, "despite the fact that you have never had any children, you seem to be good people" she stared at them a moment longer, then stood up, "follow me," she said. she led them through a door into a room that turned out to be a playroom, there were children everywhere, every single one was adorable, and every single one was over five years old. she looked over at Tom, who looked over at the woman, "we were, well, we were looking for, well, something a little, er, younger..." she stared at him for a moment, then said, "how Young?" Jane answered her, "certainly not over a year" the woman frowned and stared hard at them for a long moment. her eyes narrowed, then; "there is one child here who fits that discription, but i don't know if you would like him, as fair haired as you both are he would stand out in your family." Jane smiled and Tom said "we don't care about that, all we want is a child." the woman nodded and led them back to a nursery, she stopped beside a crib and they stepped up and looked; a child lay there asleep, bigger than a newborn, but still a baby for sure.  Jane reached down, then stopped and looked at the woman, "may I?" the woman nodded, and Jane picked him up very gently. he stirred softly, and as he did so she saw that the woman had been right; his hair, what little of it that there was, was as dark as a ravens wing.  she smiled down at him, and Tom stepped behind her, "what should we name him?" he said, as though the child were already their's.  she looked down at the little bundle in her arms, thinking that maybe thirteen wasn't such a bad number after all, and said; "Logan."

"Póg mo thóin!"  -Irish "Saying"............
"Molon labe"  -Meaning "Come and get them"  This was the Greek response to the Persians order to surrender their weapons at the Thermopylae pass in 480 B.C.E.................
"Qoud vides fecisse, factum ducas" -Latin, meaning "What you see is done, so consider it done"

#2 2010-08-18 03:52:59

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

Re: Lakonian

i think this one will turn out really good. and lots of opportunities for plot twists i think...

And if strength is born from heartbreak,
Then mountains I could move.
And if walls could speak,
I pray that they would tell me what to do

#3 2010-08-18 03:56:40

Misty

it sounds good. im sort of getting the feeling that the baby is a werewolf or is going to be

#4 2010-08-18 03:58:36

Kormiak Rue
Bard of the Forum

Yeah.....He's a member of the Lakonian tribe, the last one alive, and the first seen in over a thousand years.....They are champion warriors!  it's gonna be a longy though, Act 1 takes up his childhood in school, and meeting Trace Anderson, a bit of a Tom-Boy, but the girl of his dreams! wink

Last edited by Kormiak Rue (2010-08-18 04:00:33)

"Molon labe"  -Meaning "Come and get them"  This was the Greek response to the Persians order to surrender their weapons at the Thermopylae pass in 480 B.C.E.................
"Qoud vides fecisse, factum ducas" -Latin, meaning "What you see is done, so consider it done"

#5 2010-08-18 04:00:02

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

lol always need a good love interest to keep people reading am i right? wink

#6 2010-08-18 04:00:38

Misty

im good at guessing fantasy story lines... mainly because ive been reading them for most of my life

#7 2010-08-18 04:00:51

Kormiak Rue
Bard of the Forum

I'm a romantic, so sue me! lol

#8 2010-08-18 04:01:56

Misty

adventure, violence then romance makes the best novel

#9 2010-08-18 04:04:19

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

lol so? that makes you, me, and carlos. hell, i think if you had a mate, she would be treated like royalty Kor wink tongue and you know how me and carlos treat our mates smile

#10 2010-08-18 04:07:17

Kormiak Rue
Bard of the Forum

big_smile  You're right.....Though it is also why it would be dificult for me to get a mate........She would have to be the right girl, I wouldn't take her, otherwise....

And, Mist, yeah, all three of which are in this story!

#11 2010-08-18 04:08:45

Misty

whats with the mate thing you boys keep talking about

#12 2010-08-18 04:09:24

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

mate is like a boyfriend or girlfriend. SK is my mate.

#13 2010-08-18 04:09:29

Kormiak Rue
Bard of the Forum

<.<  Mate, the animal word for Lover or Wife........

#14 2010-08-18 04:10:38

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

yeah, you can also use the stronger terms. lover is preferable to girlfriend in my opinion...

#15 2010-08-18 04:11:52

Misty

what do you boys all know each other off this site

#16 2010-08-18 04:11:58

Kormiak Rue
Bard of the Forum

Yeah, and I don't really believe in marriage, though if my mate wanted to, I guess I would, and there would deffinitely be a celebration, just no priest or anything.......

#17 2010-08-18 04:13:06

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

uh... sorta. i met Kor and Carlos on a game, and recomended Kor to this site, then he recomended Carlos.

#18 2010-08-18 04:13:23

Misty

and i know what a mate is because i used to go on a forum site called wolf quest that went with a game and you could be a mate with another members wolf... though i stopped playing it... but why use that term here

Last edited by Misty (2010-08-18 04:14:13)

#19 2010-08-18 04:14:23

Kormiak Rue
Bard of the Forum

I wanted to play that, but my comp wouldn't download all of it, for some reason.....hmm

#20 2010-08-18 04:15:27

Kormiak Rue
Bard of the Forum

Because we're therians....Animals in human form, ya know?

#21 2010-08-18 04:16:03

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

cuz it has more meaning to me than girlfriend. girlfriend seems a overused and overrated term. sides, if you can say you love someone then girlfriend doesnt cut it. so lover or mate is what i use for SK

#22 2010-08-18 04:17:46

Kormiak Rue
Bard of the Forum

Uh, we should actually probably take this conersation to my or Ulfr's thread.......Ya know?

#23 2010-08-18 04:18:40

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

agreed. Misty, my thread is Ulfr's tree hill and lake.

#24 2010-08-18 04:20:03

Misty

ok

#25 2010-08-18 04:20:09

Kormiak Rue
Bard of the Forum

And mine is easy, it's the only one written in Irish! lol

Board footer