The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-09 11:14:51

The Busboy
Administrator

Exercise vs. non exercise...

Questions:
Is it a therian trait to exercise vs. non exercise?  Do therians tend to workout a lot more?  or is this not a trait at all?  Please discuss your thoughts in here...

#2 2010-08-09 12:10:12

SilentKiller
So very silent its killing

Re: Exercise vs. non exercise...

I love running, biking, swimming, and exercising. I am also a lazy bum right now. Then again that could be because of different things that are wrong with me at the moment. lol

Otherwise I am not sure about other therians loving to exercise.. Or it could be that some therians do not have that trait as strongly as others.

Having faith is better than nothing.

Dont worry I wont bite you. I only bite people I really like.

#3 2010-08-09 14:16:38

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

i believe that its purely personal. it depends on the person. i dont really like exercise but i do it for my own reasons.

And if strength is born from heartbreak,
Then mountains I could move.
And if walls could speak,
I pray that they would tell me what to do

#4 2010-08-09 15:39:33

JayJay
The Inner Beast

I only work out when i think i need to be stronger (I often think so), but without a reason, not really
I do love to run though

Let them resist, We will hunt forever
-Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger

If you look in the dictionary for the word "Monster", You'll see a photo of me

#5 2010-08-10 07:17:13

Moonlit Hunter

I love swimming the most. I love running, but obesity hinders that a bit. I still work on it, though. I like hiking, but mostly I do that so that I can be out in nature. It feels weird to just sit outside without moving around, you know?

#6 2010-08-10 09:17:00

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

I absolutely LOVE swimming, and to Moonlit Hunter's last sentence, it actually feels nice to sit back and just watch. Especially where I am, how nature seems to come out when you're still.

<3

#7 2010-08-10 16:59:23

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

The Busboy wrote:

Questions:
Is it a therian trait to exercise vs. non exercise?  Do therians tend to workout a lot more?  or is this not a trait at all?  Please discuss your thoughts in here...

Sure.  I mean, I like to run around on all fours, and that means having enough upper body strength to stand on your hands.  I don't feeling my muscles atrophy, so it pushes me to get a workout.  Just taking a walk is fun for me as a therian in itself.  I'm not sure all that is therian related though, or if it's not just me: as someone said, therianthropy is personal.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#8 2010-08-22 14:21:09

WolfVanZandt
Website

It may be a theriotype thing but I know a male Lion Therian who fits the stereotype to a tee....he wouldn't get off the couch if the house was burning down.

Frankly, I hate formal exercise. I never reach that point with many exercise enthusiasts where they can't get enough - all exercise is inconvenient and painful to me and even more so now since I can't swim or do floor exercises because it messes with my inner ear and I can't use the machines because the "unnatural motions" mess with my joints. With my heart problems, I have to do the walking - so I do, but I don't like it.

If I could hike and climb canyon walls every day I would have found my heaven on earth but there's nothing like that around here.

Board footer