You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-11 22:19:55

Darkblood

ways to become a werewolf

these are just the ways that i know of.
1. get bitten by a werewolf. duh.
2. Your born into it.
3. Drink rainwater from a werewolfs pawprint on a full moon
4. there are some spells out there but most involve killing, potions and wolf pelts.

post any others that you know

You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because your the same.

#2 2008-11-12 01:24:04

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: ways to become a werewolf

Scifi genetics, eat a human entrail and then swim across a lake in southern Greece, be born on Christmas or one of the other High Holy days, be cursed by a witch, be possessed by a wolf spirit, stare at the moon, yadda yadda yadda....

#3 2008-11-12 02:01:05

WolfMontana

Actually, number 3 doesn't require a werewolf's pawprint - just any old wolf's print is supposed to do. In the lore anyhoo wink Oh, and no full moon needed either.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#4 2008-11-12 08:35:34

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

7th son of the 7th daughter(?)

Synchronicity

#5 2008-11-12 20:40:10

Niktoma
Advocatus Diaboli
Website

I remember reading somewhere (it maybe have been Wikipedia, so don't take it as fact) that the president of one of the South American countries (Argentina, perhaps?) is automatically the godfather of any seventh-born child.  Apparently, people were so freaked out by their beliefs that the child would become a werewolf that the infants were being killed.

'OK, how about werewolves?' said the voice eventually.
'What do they look like?' asked the kid.
'Ah, well, they look perfectly normal right up to the point where they grow all, like, hair and teeth and giant paws and leap through the window at you,' said the voice.

#6 2008-12-10 18:21:55

Wolfsmensch
Website

Or just ask Rick Baker wink

#7 2008-12-10 20:20:01

WolfMontana

lol Brilliant. big_smile

#8 2009-03-08 09:04:25

Kate94

I haven't actually seen a werewolf but I know of a way that it could be possible. There is a way called "aura shifting." An aura is basically a field of energy a person emitts from themselves constantly even though they might not detect it. An aura is like seeing into someone's soul,  by the colour of the aura you can tell what kind of personality that person has. Auras can be seen, everyone has the potential to see it although some people deny it. I have actually witnessed a couple of auras myself and although my skills are not defined I have definitely learnt a lot.
    This connects to werewolves because another way of becoming a werewolf is "aura shifting." An aura shift occurs when someone believes or feels this energy field has changed shape to that of their were animal. Most people outside are able to sense an aura shift when it occurs, feeling some sort of dread or fear for the shifter. I don't know how exactly this is done but I believe that it could be possible although it might not be something someone actually wants to die. There are reasons why we can't see or do anything.

#9 2009-05-19 19:49:10

2tank6

I know of quite a few ways to become a werwolf since i AM one.
Sleeping outside on a hot summer friday with the full moon shining on your face.
Wearing a hide/belt from a wolf's SKIN. (that is what I did.)
Eating the brains of a wolf (not gonna happen)
Drinking rainwater of any amount from a recent wolf pawprint.
Being bitten by a werewolf (not likely, we dont like just one taste).
Being injected with werewolf blood.
Having sex with a werewolf, not really a good choice, even if you survive...
Finding and eating the lycanthropus flower in the Balkan Peninsula.

That is all I know, hope it helped. LYCANTHROPES RULE!!

A Lycan is smart
A Lycan is strong
If you kill one of them
You have done great wrong.

#10 2009-09-26 15:25:14

WereWolfH

yeah in Anita Blake series I think if you just get scratched you could become one.

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#11 2009-09-26 20:29:08

WolfMontana

Never been a big fan of the whole 'scratched' thing as opposed to 'biting'. It certainly makes things more supernatural - ie, a 'contact' curse is at play, rather than biological (ie, the transmission of a disease in the saliva), but it seems kinda silly to me. It's alot easier to survive a scratch than to survive a bite, and I'd think 'scratch' only transmission would mean a heck of alot more werewolves out there.

#12 2009-10-01 18:22:16

stoicfortitude

I also prescribe to the bite method because saliva glands are remarekably simlar to venom sacks. Of course, the venom would have to be very subtle.

#13 2009-11-11 16:38:49

Wolfman2242

there are many different ways to become a werewolf. it just depends on who you talk to. a lot of them are straight crap, but i can say for a fact that if you sleep outside on a friday night with a full moon shining on your face, you will definitely become a werewolf. as to what breed, i suppose it has something to do with your genetics. i myself am a european werewolf. if anyone is curious about werewolves in general, just send me an email. i've tried to learn all that i can about the subject

#14 2010-08-31 09:51:57

Mitch01
Rising Angel

i've actually never heard of that one; the friday night w/th moon shining on ur face lol ive heard only of wearing a wolfskin, drking water where the wolf left its print, being the 7th child of a 7th child, selling ur soul to the devil and being cursed by a witch oh and of course the most obvious one, get bitten by one but like someone said above, wouldn't be possible bc werewolves don't just go for a bite tongue

i wasn't designed to handle the worst and i'm not convinced that loving someone is worth it...

#15 2010-09-03 16:45:05

chouokami

Thanks this is useful for upcoming stories big_smile

Im a freindly MONSTER

#16 2010-10-06 22:59:26

wolfjam

werewolf,werewoljam speaking i agree with 2TANK6. some of the options are quite ....................how do you americans say um........nasty.

#17 2010-10-08 00:48:25

CrimsonRiver
Enigmatic Unwonted

Another way I've heard that's sort of similar to the 7th son deal, is just being the 7th son in a family and not getting baptized.

Drinking from a stream where three or more wolves have drunk from recently, commit a sacrilege, being born on a new moon or Friday the 13th, lucid dreams, hypnosis.

Humanity is dust, within humility's splendor. I offer you the emptiness which you seek. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind.

If bullshit were music, you'd be a big brass band.

#18 2011-07-14 11:24:42

wolfette

i was born into it by human parents it doesnt make sense O.o

#19 2011-08-08 07:53:37

werewolfwriter
Website

In my days as a reporter for Weekly World News, I wrote this story that includes a pretty extensive list. While of course, a lot of what we printed was fiction, this is all true -- at least in the sense that it comes from actual folklore:

"14 great ways to turn yourself into a werewolf

Contrary to popular belief, you CAN'T be turned into a werewolf by being bitten by one. But there are at least 20 other ways you can really be turned into a rampaging wolf, folklore experts say!
Much of what most Americans think they know about werewolves is pure Hollywood fiction. Even the notion that only a silver weapon can kill a werewolf originates in the classic horror flick The Wolfman, and has no basis in the historical records of the Middle Ages - when scores of people were tried for being werewolvs and hanged.
Experts in folklore point out a variety of ways that cultures around the world have traditionally believed a person can be transformed from human to wolf. Here are the most common:
1. Participating in the rituals of certain secret sociaties.
2. Wearing the pelt of a dead wolf or werewolf
3. Drinking water from a wolf's footprint.
4. Donning a special magical belt. According to Der Deutsche Volksund Aberglaube der Gegenwart, a 1925 book on German folklore, 'People change, mostly just for several hours, into werewolves by wearing a wolf belt on the naked body.' The belt is made of 'wolf's leather or human skin often adorned with the zodiac, and with seven tongues on the buckle ' the book says. To return to human form the werewolf must open the buckle.
5. Eating dust from a wolfs footprint.
6. Drinking water from a cursed spring known to be in the Harz Mountains in Germany.
7. Drinking downstream from wolves.
8. Wearing a cursed moonstone.
9. Eating a wolfs brain.
10. Dreaming about running with wolves.
11. Sleeping outside on a Friday night when the full moon can shine on your face.
12. Plucking a rare white marsh flower that grows only in the Balkans.
13. having sex with a werewolf.
14. In shamanistic rituals, gaining the wolf as your 'totem animal' or as a special gaurdian.

Of course, becoming a werewolf is often beyond your control. Here are five ways you can be turned into a werewolf even if you don't want to be:

*~* Being possessed by the soul of a wolf, a risk during deep mediation.
*~* Being cursed by a god. This goes back to the Greek myth of Lycan, who was turned into a wolf by Zeus - giving us the scientific term for a werewolf, 'Lycanthropy'.
*~* Being Born the seventh of seven consecutive daughters.
*~* Being born on the winter solstice or Christmas Eve. When you reach puberty, the horrifying transformations are supposed to begin.
*~* Getting cursed my a powerful witch or shaman."

Weekly World News. March 20, 2001
-- C. Michael Forsyth, author of Hour of the Beast http://freedomshammer.com

#20 2011-08-08 13:47:27

lupinealchemist

werewolfwriter wrote:

10. Dreaming about running with wolves.

14. gaining the wolf as your 'totem animal' or as a special gaurdian.

Would this be considered an "Uh-oh" or "Oh boy?"

#21 2011-09-22 22:13:05

MadDog94

either your born one or your not

#22 2012-03-08 23:30:32

alexandra lupin

"I (insert name) offer to thee, Great spirit of the Unknown, this
night of (insert date) my body and soul, on condition that thou
grantest me, from this night to the hour of my death, the power of
metamorphosing, nocturnally, into a wolf. I beg, I pray, I implore
thee-Thee, unparalleled Phantom of Darkness, to make me a werewolf,
a werewolf"!

"Come, oh Come!"

All of us are God's creatures... just some are more creature than others.

#23 2012-03-09 00:16:25

The Wolf Pen
Behemoth
Website

Where's that one from, Alexandra Lupin?

I have a blog about all things werewolf! View it at http://behemoth-book.blogspot.com/ !

#24 2012-03-09 23:05:27

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

It's from a "spell" which comes up in a Google search, and it was discussed in the Therianthropy section a while back.  The occultists unanimously agreed that it probably didn't work, and that trying it was a bad idea in the first place...

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#25 2012-03-10 13:36:58

lupinealchemist

SherlawkDragon wrote:

It's from a "spell" which comes up in a Google search, and it was discussed in the Therianthropy section a while back.  The occultists unanimously agreed that it probably didn't work, and that trying it was a bad idea in the first place...

Is that the same incantation that involves asking malevolent entities to be kind to the caster while pining for human blood?  That always sounded like it would be awful whether or not it worked.

Board footer