The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-18 15:38:32

A-Cursed-Sacrifice

My Book Idea

ok so i'm going to try writing a book, well a series of books.
but first i want to see what you all think of the topic.
so tell me if you like the idea or not.
ALL comments are good even if you say it's bad.
If you do say it's bad please elaborate and ell me how to improve it.    smile

ok so the story is about a seventeen year old boy, Nicholas Caldwell Bane. His dad was a werewolf but he doesn't know that because he never met him. He isn't aware that he has werewolf blood in him until he gets bit by what he thinks is a rabid wolf but is actually a werewolf (this kickstarts the werewolf blood). He then becomes a werewolf at the next full moon. But even after he becomes a werewolf he is unaware until he does some research. He tries to keep it from his two best friends but is figured out at one point. He then is figured out by another werewolf who introduces him to the werewolf world, this isn't like harry potter's brand new world, it is just several small comunities all over the world. Usually it is just a rich werewolf that buys a big building that most of the werewolves can live in, in secret. There are also many other mythical creatures as well as some magicians. Although this stops him from getting good grades he is automatically accepted to a college. The school is actually a school for werewolves, again not like harry potter, it is just a school that teaches the normal things along with how to keep your lyconthropy a secret. Also every full moon you get a couple days off! Unlike all other werewolves that are known however Nicholas can do magic.

Then the story continues through his life throughout a series of books, the first would be his senior year(what you just looked at) the second would be the summer, the third would be his freshman year, then the summer etc... so ten books in total but if i can't do that then i'll combine the summers and the school years.

Those are just the bones of the first book there are MANY details that were left out. I didn't want to put to much on the plate but that is plenty to decide if it's good or not.

i have already started to write the book (don't expect a post for a week or two because i have to revise it a lot) but i stopped, i really like it but i wanted to know if i should continue so please tell me what you think. If you like it i'll post it or at least snipets of it (but only if i get responces!).

So, would you read these books?

Last edited by A-Cursed-Sacrifice (2010-11-18 15:40:54)

"One day your life will flash before your eyes, make sure it’s worth watching."
"Everything in the right dose is poison, Aconitum, Laceflower, Monkshood, Love..."

#2 2010-11-19 10:23:44

Jeanne

Re: My Book Idea

Well, I'd like to say; idea means nothing unless you write it down. If you want to write this story, just do it. How could it be any harm?

#3 2010-11-19 14:31:28

Afflicted.Soul

=] Go for it. People will love it or hate it. But either way, you will have captivated their attention in the end.

Why didn't you just jump....

#4 2010-11-19 15:43:49

A-Cursed-Sacrifice

I know, i'm going to write it either way because i love it. i was just curious to see who else liked it.

I don't give up that quickly!  smile

"Everything in the right dose is poison, Aconitum, Laceflower, Monkshood, Love..."

#5 2010-11-19 15:52:53

Afflicted.Soul

Good luck.smile

#6 2010-11-19 23:07:53

A-Cursed-Sacrifice

so does anyone want me to keep posting my progress?
or should i just send you all a free copy when i'm done. wink

#7 2010-11-19 23:15:54

A-Cursed-Sacrifice

oh, and if anyone has something that they would like to see in this book you are welcome to share.
You might be usrprised that i actually will put it in if it fits.
Actually two people i know wanted me to make them into characters and i did, jneedless to say they were shocked.
So don't be shy

#8 2010-11-20 18:43:48

Afflicted.Soul

Hmm...I'd either like to see some sort of Were-wraith. Is that a creature? Id like to see one. =]

#9 2010-11-20 21:54:53

A-Cursed-Sacrifice

do you mean like an ethereal werewolf?
if not describe it please because it sounds interesting

#10 2010-11-21 14:08:29

Afflicted.Soul

Like a human that turns into a wraithlike creature. Kind of like a reaper.

#11 2010-11-23 17:32:50

A-Cursed-Sacrifice

ok sure

#12 2010-11-24 18:04:53

Warchildsilver

My only criticism would be to change the name of the character. Bane is a hokey last name, implying Black Darkity-Evil and it's a really overused device in writing.  Come up with a strong name, of course - and points if you get a single-syllable word for it, but try to think: "Someone once married a woman, had a child and passed the name along."  I doubt parents with normal sensibilities would think "My son is going to be the root of all evil, so he should have the family name 'Death' (sub in any number of similar terms) so he can strike fear into the hearts of his schoolmates!"

The devil is in the details when it comes to a series of books - so you really have to deconstruct every-little-thing to make sure it all has the strength to shoulder the weight of everything else you pack in on top.  I love your concept - coming from someone who's writing a series of my own - and if you keep writing, you're sure to have something to be proud of.

*They were always here.  I just unlocked the door.*

#13 2010-11-25 16:00:34

A-Cursed-Sacrifice

wow thanks that is what i call constructive critisism! smile
i was just looking at it as wofsbane and Bane but your right bane does imply something sinister.
i'll do some research on names
thanks for the input but i'm not 100% sure that i'll change the name.
i have grown a little attached to the character so i'll have to ask his approval.

#14 2010-11-25 20:20:52

Warchildsilver

By all means! My critique was simply to point out something that *I* thought was a bit off - but it's only my humble opinion. smile

*They were always here.  I just unlocked the door.*

Board footer