The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-01 14:50:44

Afflicted.Soul

Heartbreak Chapter 1?

Heartbreak By any other name, still hurts like crap...
Afflicted.Soul

It's short for a reason, I just wanna get a general idea out there. So gimme your feed back. Your likes, dislikes. I want it all so I can apply it to my next post. =] No Douchey criticism.

Start

I'm really not sure at what point I stopped listening to the words streaming endlessly out of my father's fanged mouth. He was lecturing me yet again on why I had no business pursuing a relationship with a girl like Breanna. I had heard it a million times...
    But this time was different...My red eyes snapped to attention as he raised his voice.
    “In almost three centuries, you have managed to pick all the wrong girls!” He yelled. (Cleopatra...The queen of England. OH! Dont forget the effect you had on that insane pop star...what was her name?"
        "Brittany..." I said. My father turned towards me.
         "Yes...Brittany. She was my least favorite." My mother was ever the quiet one and my father was a very imposing figure, which is why I was mildly impressed when she spoke against my father.
    “Sweetheart...Yelling won't help.” She said with a disarming smile, “Jason, you need to see the big picture here. Your still young, and we can see things that you just don't understand.” I rolled my eyes in disbelief. They were really convinced that I had no idea what I was doing.
    “Don't talk to me like that...” I said before I realized what was happening. My mother tilted her head as she spoke.
    “Like what?” She asked. I scoffed.
    “like I'm a youngling. I understand infinitely more than you assume, and I'm not even that young. To the humans I'm freaking ancient!”
    My father stood abruptly.
    “This is my house! I will speak any way I choose!” He roared. It occurred to me that after three hundred years, he wasnt that intimidating anymore.
    I stood to meet his stare.
    “I will not have this conversation if you can't treat me with the respect I deserve. I am easy to please, and I never cause any undue trouble, and yet you scold me and yell at me like I'm the bastard son you never wanted.” My voice remained cold and calm as I spoke my mind freely.
    “Who I love is my choice, not yours. You don't have to like it...But you certainly won't convince me not to feel what is entirely natural.” My dad stared back at me with golden/orange eyes.
    “What is natural son?” He asked. “You aren't even human. So tell me...what do you know about natural?!?!” I held his stare for a moment longer before I stepped around him and walked right out of the two story house.
    I had to get out...

Pause.

My life may be hard to understand. But before you flood me with questions, let me just say that anything I tell you is exactly as it sounds. Yes...I said my dad has fangs. And yes, my eyes were and still are blood red. My family is...dysfunctional. My father is a vampire, almost a thousand years old. My mother...well, she's only human. She knows about my father's origins. But she remains human. I'm sure you are wondering, what happens when a vampire has a child with a human....let me explain.
    Humans are spiritual beings...They serve, or choose not to serve a Deity that they call God, and sometimes father. As such, they are only human because of their flesh. If their race was as far along as my father's, they would be unstoppable. But they know nothing of their potential. When a vampire breeds with a human in the traditional human means of reproduction, something unnatural happens. The human DNA is crossed with the blood of the Vampiric host, causing a sort of, Murmur in the bonding of the soul. A human soul has to bond to a human host for a natural birth to occur. But if the DNA that makes that human a boy or a girl happens to be that of  a Vampire...The soul doesn't know how to bond. So it just kinda holds on with a tether.
    The result?
    Ever seen that show supernatural? I'm like Sam with Fangs. By the way...Supernatural has it all wrong. Vampires are nothing like those fake twilight wannabes you see on the show...But I digress. As I was saying, My soul can't bond with me, because two races are at war within me. As such, I can't die. Not even If you stab me in the heart. Among other...gifts, I can heal rapidly as I am in between natural time and...Something else. But speaking of time, I must continue the story. It seems, we find myself walking into town now. If I'm not mistaken, I should be approaching a good friend of mine.

Resume

“Hey Jason!” Came the friendly voice of my best friend Thomas Drake. I felt my eyes shift to the normal color I project when I'm around humans. Thomas approached with a smile. I nodded to him and kept walking.
    He followed.
    “Hey uh...You know you don't have to do that with me.” He said. Referring to my eyes.
    I offered a forced chuckle.
    “Sorry...Its a habit.” Thomas isn't human entirely either. I felt the familiar probing in my mind that I felt whenever I was with Thomas or around his mother. Thomas pursed his lips.
    “Ooh...Trouble at home huh?” He said. I nodded, embarrassed that I had let my thoughts leak.
    “Yea, mom and dad are on my case about Bre.” (My love interest. =]) Thomas nodded.
    “I know...Your mind is wide open. I don't even have to seek to find.” He laughed at the irony in his words. I saw him looking for some sign in my facial expression.
    Without looking, I smiled.
    “You can't trick a trickster...” He said.
    Guess he knew I was just trying to put him at ease. I glanced at him for a moment.
    He was such a comical guy. His father was a comedian. His mother is what humans call a demon. Only...she's a mischievous spirit. Not like the humans portray her kind. Their known as tricksters If you ask the right race of people. Harmless really, unless they want to do some damage. Then it's like they flip a switch on reality, and all hell breaks loose.
    “You know...” He started. I smiled and shook my head as I prepared for whatever he would say next. “I was thinking...and I came to the conclusion that parents live in their own world.”
    I pause and look at him waiting for more.
    “And?” I asked. But he just smiled and shrugged.
    “And what?” He said innocently. “Hey! Wanna get some chow?” I forgot my troubles for the moment and slid my hands into my pockets.   
    “Sure man, I'll buy.”

Pause
    (WIP)

Why didn't you just jump....

Board footer