The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-23 14:01:27

Afflicted.Soul

[Untitled] Read and Comment?

[1]

The two agents sat in a warm diner as they waited for the rain to stop. Max sat sipping his coffee, his partner Sarah was off in the restroom. He glanced to his right as the fat man behind the counter flipped a burger, causing it to sizzle loudly. Thanks to enhanced optic nerves, Max could see blockage in the man’s arteries, and immediately, he could see that he was a victim of cancer. He was infested in fact.
    Shaking his head, Max turned and stared through the window on his left. It was raining again.
    I hate the rain…He thought as he watched the constant down pour. Cars rushed by the diner in the typical New York manner, splashing bystanders and flipping each other off. Such a savage race…he thought. He watched a man rush ahead of a woman and her daughter and steal their cab ride. Briefly, he considered stepping outside and killing the man; but he decided not to because it was raining.
    As he thought to himself, Sarah slid into the seat across from him. With a smile she looked around the diner, and let her eyes rest on the man behind the counter.
    “Oh my God…” She said. Max cut her off with a smile.
    “I know, I’m amazed he’s even breathing without a tube right now.” He said. Sarah glanced at him with a disgusted look. Max shrugged and sipped his coffee.
    “That’s…disgusting.” She muttered. Placing his coffee on the table he nodded.
    “I agree.” He said. Standing, he slid his jacket around his shoulder and slid his arms into the sleeves. His partner stood as well and slid into her jacket. Max suppressed a smile when he realized she was still casting disgusted glances at the man behind the counter.
    “I’ll pay for the coffee…” He said. He saw the relief in her eyes as she nodded and walked towards the door. Shaking his head, he walked up to the counter and offered a practiced smile. One that didn’t reveal the extended canines. The fat man smiled back.
    “Is there anything I can do for ya?” He asked. Max pushed his bottom lip out slightly as he shook his head.
    “Nope, the coffee was all I needed.” He said. The fat man untied his apron, revealing a low hanging belly and unsightly stomach hair. Max suppressed a scowl and offered his credit card, hoping desperately that the man wouldn’t make contact with his skin when he took it.
    “Well alright then.” He said reaching for the card. As he took it, his index finger brushed Max’s own index and middle finger.
    He felt a chill go up his spine as he considered ripping the man’s throat out. With a smile, he waited for his card to be returned. The fat man swiped the card and just stood there staring at the register. Max twitched as he struggled not to lunge at the man. Glancing over his shoulder, he saw his partner smiling by the door, not bothering to conceal her fangs. She offered a sarcastic shrug and he understood. Turning back towards the man, he closed his eyes and tilted his head towards the ceiling.
    “Would you like cash back?” The man asked. Max opened his eye lids and rolled his eyes back to their center as he spoke. The man retracted in shock. Max knew it was because his previously green eyes were pitch black and his extended canines were now abnormally long.
    “No...But I think I can help you with that clogged artery.” He said with a smirk. The man scrambled away from the counter, gripping a shotgun underneath at the same time. Max vaulted the counter with inhuman speed. Behind him, Sarah admired everything about him as he launched into action. His black knee length jacket trailed behind him, reminding her of a cape.
    That would be cute…She thought.
    The man didn’t even take the time to aim; he just fired off a shot. The shot zipped by Max and slammed into Sarah. As Max landed in front of the man, he gripped the gun and wrenched it from the man’s grip, throwing him over the counter towards Sarah, who had staggered back into the door with a bloody chest.
    “Are you ok?” Max asked her. Glancing down at her now exposed chest, she smiled as it rapidly healed.
    “I’ll be fine.” She said with a wicked grin. Max launched himself over the counter again and landed in a crouched position on the fallen man’s chest.
    “Remain calm.” He said. “Technically, I’m overqualified when it comes to dealing with blood.” The man’s wide eyes darted from him to the woman. Max stepped off of the man’s chest and posted his foot in his gut.
    “Would you like to take over?” He asked casually. She smiled and shook her head.
    “I have no taste for blood right now...” She said. Max shrugged and knelt next to the man; smiling the whole time, he slammed his face into the man’s throat. Latching on with his teeth, he wrenched the man from side to side, sliding him on the floor. The man tried to scream, but Max clamped down harder and shook his head like an animal.
    Too hard…
    The man’s neck exploded in a spray of blood and his throat came away from his body in Max’s mouth. Opening his mouth wide, Max let the man’s bloody throat fall to the floor. His black eyes stared at the dying body with no emotion. The man writhed on the ground trying to stem the flow of blood. Max slapped his hands away.
    “Oh relax…” He said with an irritated tone. Pulling a knife from his back pocket, he cut his wrist.
    “You shot my partner…” He said conversationally. “I had to punish you.” As he spoke, Sarah crouched on the other side and stared into the man’s eyes. With a smile she spoke to the fat man.
    “I forgive you…” Max stopped what he was doing and stared at her.
    “Sarah…go cover yourself. You’re very distracting.” He said motioning to her exposed breasts. She patted the dying man’s stomach and stood.
    “Fine…” She said with a smirk. Walking to the booth they had sat in, she removed her jacket and stripped off the ruined shirt. Using napkins, she wiped the blood from her chest and neck. Max watched her with his black eyes. With a smirk, she motioned to the man on the floor.
    “He’s just about dead.” She said. Max glanced at the man. He had to admit, he liked the guy for holding on to life for so long. He extended his healing wrist and let some of his blood drip on the man’s wounds.
    “You’ll be fine.” He said as he stood and walked to the bathroom to clean himself.

Why didn't you just jump....

Board footer