The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-29 22:33:22

Fang87

Werewolf Protagonists in Games - any favorites?

Being bored, I thought I'd list all the werewolf protagonists in video games that I could think of. Holla as to who's your favorite, mine's John Talbain

Cornell - Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness
John Talbain/Gallon - Darkstalkers franchise
Yugo - Bloody Roar franchise
Tsuna - Otogi 2
Link - Twilight Princess
Ralph - Rampage
Cernd - Baldur's Gate

"It's like a party in my mouth except everyone's throwing-up." Fry - Futurama

#2 2008-11-05 10:55:31

BlackWolfMarwood

Re: Werewolf Protagonists in Games - any favorites?

I've never played it but I've seen numerous sites about Oblivion III's Bloodmoon expansion. (I own Oblivion IV for the PS3)

It appears that you become  a werewolf and go around being evil but in a protagonist sort of way. (Correct me if I"m wrong)

#3 2008-11-05 13:32:08

Aki

marwolf wrote:

I've never played it but I've seen numerous sites about Oblivion III's Bloodmoon expansion. (I own Oblivion IV for the PS3)

It appears that you become  a werewolf and go around being evil but in a protagonist sort of way. (Correct me if I"m wrong)

Erm, the series is called The Elder Scrolls (or TES for short), Oblivion is the name of fourth installment only. The third is Morrowind and yes it features werewolves.

But you're only a "protagonist" in that you're the main character. Werewolves in TES are not nice. While they are not mindless, they are the spawn of the Hunting-God Hircine and that is what they do - they hunt and kill, which is to say they're bad but they're also smart (use groups, use tactics, etc. Not bright enough to speak or use weaponry).

Though, there is an artifact that allows you to turn into a werewolf at will without the hunger that plagues a normal werewolf character. So you could kinda be a good werewolf. Just don't get caught using it, people won't differentiate and will hate you for like, ever. 

Not that it matters if you don't care about interacting with people. Werewolves - especially the player as a werewolf - ruin shite. Between the obscene damage you deal you can hop so high you put kangaroos to shame. So high you could almost hop castle walls in game.

#4 2008-11-06 06:18:33

WolfMontana

And it's sooooo much fun big_smile

I find that you're pretty easy to take down as a werewolf. When I made the decision to stay one and tried the first quest where you run through a cave and take out humans, I died sooo quick. Stealth did not help as much as I hoped it would.

Btw, there's a werewolf mod for Oblivion that's not too bad, just needs a bit of a fix so you can level properly when you sleep. The look is pretty cool (though their run is HI-larious) and it's still quite a bit of fun. Just interfers with alot of quests that require night work.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#5 2008-11-07 18:36:59

Aki

WolfMontana wrote:

And it's sooooo much fun big_smile

I find that you're pretty easy to take down as a werewolf. When I made the decision to stay one and tried the first quest where you run through a cave and take out humans, I died sooo quick. Stealth did not help as much as I hoped it would.

Btw, there's a werewolf mod for Oblivion that's not too bad, just needs a bit of a fix so you can level properly when you sleep. The look is pretty cool (though their run is HI-larious) and it's still quite a bit of fun. Just interfers with alot of quests that require night work.

Being a werewolf in MW requires a lot of hit and run work since your stats are set to pre-determined levels and aside from health your werewolf will always have the same stats in wereform. Unless you use a mod like "werewolf evolution" anyways.

But yeah, hit and run like hell. Jump helps too. NPCs aren't terribly agile or bright so outmaneuvering them works best. And holding down the attack button so your claw swipes are always ready and fully prepared for a devastating blow.

#6 2009-08-24 16:29:28

Varulfur
Website

Ralph IS THE BOMB

Im Lonely
Im Hungry
I am Crying
I Am the WEREWOLF!!!

#7 2009-12-30 00:06:28

Serris

John Talbain from the Darkstalkers series. ([square], [triangle], forward, [cross], [circle]) <- so much fun...

#8 2010-07-20 21:31:42

Darkwolf117

Fang87 wrote:

Yugo - Bloody Roar franchise
Tsuna - Otogi 2

Yugo is awesome, always has been a kickass character in Bloody Roar cool

Tsuna! I forgot about that cool guy! tongue Haven't played Otogi for ages, but Tsuna was definitely pretty awesome. Now I want to play that again...

Edit: Hehe, found a nice avatar-sized pic of him too. Sweet cool

Last edited by Darkwolf117 (2010-07-20 21:44:37)

#9 2010-12-30 21:56:08

lupinealchemist

Saberwulf - Killer Instinct - arcade/snes/n64
T'nique Arcana - Star Ocean - Snes/psp
Kevin - Seiken Densetsu 3 - Super Famicom
player- Werewolf: The Last Warrior -nes
player- Wolf Child - snes
Shapeshifter class - Baldur's Gate II - pc
There's almost guaranteed a werewolf character in every Shining game.

Is it just me or is almost every werewolf character in Japanese fiction a martial artist?

#10 2011-01-29 01:18:54

lupinealchemist

Sveta - Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - DS
Druid w/ Shapeshifter build - Diablo II: LoD - PC

#11 2011-06-17 03:20:02

Latrina

Aki wrote:

marwolf wrote:

Erm, the series is called The Elder Scrolls (or TES for short), Oblivion is the name of fourth installment only. The third is Morrowind and yes it features werewolves.

But you're only a "protagonist" in that you're the x360key main character. Werewolves in TES are not nice. While they are not mindless, they are the spawn of the Hunting-God Hircine and that is what they do - they hunt and kill, which is to say they're bad but they're also smart (use groups, use tactics, etc. Not bright enough to speak or use weaponry).

Though, there is an artifact that allows you to turn into a werewolf at will without the hunger that plagues a normal werewolf character. So you could kinda be a good werewolf. Just don't get caught using it, people won't differentiate and will hate you for like, ever. 

Not that it matters if you don't care about interacting bladeless fan with people. Werewolves - especially the wifirobin as a werewolf - ruin shite. Between the obscene damage you deal you can hop so high you put kangaroos to shame. So high you could almost hop castle walls in game.

Being a werewolf in MW requires a lot of hit and run work since your stats are set to pre-determined levels and aside from health your werewolf will always have the same stats in wereform. Unless you use a mod like "werewolf evolution" anyways.

Last edited by Latrina (2011-06-17 03:20:57)

Board footer