The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2009-07-31 16:05:34

Jacob

Re: The Pentagram?

The pentagram has lots of meanings, I've never seen it associated with Werewolves though.

Heavy nymphetamine user.

#27 2009-08-08 21:41:55

Illeana_NightRain
Website

Pentagrams have many MANY meanings most commonly associated with the Pagan faiths. In some it's the elements and the unity of them (and no, this isn't just Wicca. It was used this way LONG before Wicca since Wicca wasn't even formed until the 1950's.), in others it's the stages of womanhood (more common to the female based Pagan faiths). It's a symbol of both power and protection. These are just a few I can think of off of the top of my head (In my faith it's the elements as well as power and protection.)

Inverted it is a Satanic symbol (Not just Satanic Cults either. Satanists and Lucifarians have been around for centuries and it isn't just because they formed from the church twisting things. Yes, the church did twist a lot to make it evil, but it doesn't mean it wasn't already used for the faiths), representing the goat or the horned God...there's another Pagan faith that uses it that way too, but I can't remember which one at the moment.

I have seen it used to mark a werewolve's next victim, but only in fiction novels and movies.

Never have I ever heard of it being a symbol of evil though.At least not truthfully. Most dark art related faiths I know of use symbols other than the pentagram, even the inverted one.

Last edited by Illeana_NightRain (2009-08-08 21:52:57)

"I haven't slept in what seems like a century and now I can barely breathe" -The Crow and the Butterfly, Shinedown
Apart, we are broken. Together, we are one.
Oh yeah...did I forget to mention that I'm unhealthily obsessed with bunnies?

#28 2009-08-08 22:19:54

Black Shuck
Website

I think it depends on one's definition of "evil". I think the satanists that torture animals are pretty messed up and I'd call that evil. The LeVey satanists that use the baphomet as their symbol I don't view as evil but I'm sure the Church would view them as evil seeing as how LeVey totally made a mockery out of the Christian faith.

I think the only tie in it would have with werewolves would be that it was the proclaimed sign of the Devil and some misfortunate people in the middle ages were believed to have went into a pact with the Devil for the ability to shape shift, or at least have been involved with any number of things that made them werewolves and thus obviously linked with the Devil. Either way, the symbol of the pentagram seems to have a hold on more modern werewolf lore. I made a ring once with a pentagram  and a wolf paw on either side of the band. People pretty much got the idea that it was a werewolf themed ring. So whatever, people will go along with along it.

"Would you love a monsterman?
Could you understand beauty of the beast?
I would do it all for you, would you do it all,
Do it all for me?" -Lordi

#29 2009-08-08 23:38:36

Illeana_NightRain
Website

The Satanists that torture animals aren't the true definition of Satanists. True Satanists don't torture animals. They may sacrafice them, but then again, so did the early Christians.

"I haven't slept in what seems like a century and now I can barely breathe" -The Crow and the Butterfly, Shinedown

#30 2009-08-09 00:02:04

Black Shuck
Website

But they refer to themselves as satanists. If one wants to be "super evil" and label themselves as a satanist, fine. I feel there are many different "kinds" of satanists, just like there are various sub-groups of Christians. Whether they're "true" satanists or not is up to the individual. I don't recall anything in LeVey's "Satanic Bible" or his "Satanic Rituals" that actually required sacrifice. There was a mock sacrifice of a naked virgin, but no one was harmed and it was all voluntary and pretty much done for t3h lulz. Not that this is to be construed as LeVey Satanists being true. Anyways, it all comes down to semantics

Last edited by Black Shuck (2009-08-09 00:05:59)

"Would you love a monsterman?
Could you understand beauty of the beast?
I would do it all for you, would you do it all,
Do it all for me?" -Lordi

#31 2009-08-09 22:50:21

Illeana_NightRain
Website

but that's just it. The ones who want to be "super evil" and call themselves Satanists, aren't true. And what I mean by "true" are the cults, not the followers of the actual religion itself. But yes. Almost any religion I can think of has "sub groups."

Either way, my main point was to say that the pentagram is not evil and nor is it meant to be used for evil.

#32 2009-08-12 21:59:26

AxleSargos
El Lobo Loco

All I know is that in my sorcery I never had to use it although it might help...

Is it true that the beast is waking
Stirring in his restless sleep tonight
In the pale moonlight

#33 2009-08-12 22:12:07

Illeana_NightRain
Website

It depends on the type of magic you use as well. I know plenty of people who do magic and sorts who don't use pents...it just doesn't work into their rituals. For instance, I have a friend who is a modern day Druid. For him, the triquetra is the equivalent of the pentagram.

Last edited by Illeana_NightRain (2009-08-12 22:13:35)

#34 2009-08-19 17:38:54

flickery

Simply put, the pentagram represents any holistic concept that centers around 5 things.

What it really means is truly up to the reader or decipherer, afterall it is a diagram and diagrams are just symbols used to represent something. In this case, 5.

Heck in my culture, the pentagram is used to represent fire; water; earth; metal and wood. In wiccan culture, wood and metal become air and the metaphysical. It can be the simple shape of a star or the rough representation of some condemned thing (christian beliefs), depending on who uses it.

It can even be a circuit for focusing, make electrical microchips that transfer equal amounts of electrical energy to four other points upon touching one (resistors must be used in the circle though).

However, I truly do not see the representation of it being used in lycanthropy. It is probably hollywood physics that made it that way, first of all who the heck would draw a neat diagram on the left hand of someone before going out to stalk them? What's the point of having a definitive fixed victim, to taunt the police?

In regards to the topics posted before I did, I am truly disgusted/detest and ready to persecute those who would make packs with unholy things in order to achieve some vain goals (like become a werewolf, wtf for?). For audience sake, don't be influenced by such popular misconceptions and end up doing really dumb stuff like torture kittens.

#35 2010-06-21 15:09:45

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

it came long before Kevin Williamson. I was surprised to see it when I saw the original Wolfman movie. They've taken it out pretty much b/c it really isn't relevant. Connecting the devil to a werewolf. I mean. Besides back then evil pretty much was associated with the devil.

We're definitely deleting the pentagram from our werewolf lore.

"In Harvest City, monsters roam the streets at night. Werewolves, vampires, zombies... when the police can't handle the creatures that bump in the night, they call the P.F.A.â„¢" (Check out our book/comics forum on here for our major updates)

#36 2010-06-23 03:36:27

smithdsouza

The word pentagram has different - different meaning but it seems that it is not associated with the werewolf.
Pentagram is the  shape of five pointed star drawn with five pointed stroke.
Pentagram is also a name of American  heavy metal  band from Virginia.

#37 2010-07-03 18:15:51

lil' Wolfen

Pentagrams have nothing to do with werewolves actually. They are a religious symbol in relation to pagan religions. These religions, even though they are many times older than christianity, were viewed as evil, and satanic by the catholic church as a way to scare people to joining their "cult" of a religion. This was intended to scare people away from those religions, and join the church. This is why it is considered a satanic symbol. Turned with the north point down was deemed evil, as the pagan/wiccan religion was based on the idea of "good" and balance. Basically, the catholics twisted a peaceful religon around to look bad after stealing most of their ideas, and holidays from it.

The pentagram on the palm of a person was first portrayed as "the mark of the wolf", meaning if you get it, you will turn into a werewolf. Then later it was used on a wall in American Werewolf in London more as a symbol of the occult. I think it was even used as a warning as to who the next victim would be in another film. I don't remember.

True satanics do not use upside down pentagrams. They use upside down crosses. The ones who use the pentagrams are just idiots trying to look cool, or rebel. Then again, aren't all religious people idiots? tongue

I guess werewolves are just a bunch of tree huggin hippies, huh? tongue

"Let's go back to the cabin and get into a lil' beastiality!" ~ Mitch - Big Bad Wolf

#38 2010-09-16 19:51:17

devilhound
Hell Hound

Well, this is probably obvious, but...

The pentagram was used by the Wiccan religion for hundreds of years before the Satanists decided to use the symbol. It's just another exaple of Satan's treachery, think about it... normal people (including the church of the time) wouldn't care or even ask about the diference, so the catholic church killed many innocent wiccans because they didn't concern themselves with the details. Being a wiccan, it often gets annoying when my coven gets ridiculed for being satanists when we're not.

Hail The Father Of Machines,
May We Enlighten The Ignorant,
May We Empower The Weakling
And May We Purify The Unclean.

#39 2010-11-17 02:36:33

Ridgewolf

WolfVanZandt wrote:

I have no particular interest in pentagrams. They make interesting geometric constructions and pretty Christmas ornaments.

The best answer yet...

Wolfs 'n' Minecraft <3

#40 2010-12-30 18:12:53

Fenris Lupa
Dog Soldier

Yes it's for the elements...

Earth

Wind

Fire

Water

And then the top point represents the mind of the wolf....to remind us to keep grounded, stable and connected to nature.

Never do anything as a wolf you wouldn't do as a man...if you have a good heart....you'll be a good dog....

#41 2011-01-01 00:24:41

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Fenris Lupa wrote:

Nonsense

No.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#42 2011-01-02 22:55:59

lupinealchemist

Fenris Lupa wrote:

Yes it's for the elements...

Earth

Wind

Fire

Water

And then the top point represents the mind of the wolf....to remind us to keep grounded, stable and connected to nature. <wtf?

As far as I know, the top point is supposed to represent the soul/spirit/magickal energy.

Funny thing is that it's easy to draw a pentagram on my left hand due to the five indents on my hand that can make the points.

I remember hearing that when Christianity and Paganism were at par with each other, werewolves were considered to be warriors that turn into divine beasts that vanquish evil when the "Eye of God," aka the moon, was fully "opened."

#43 2011-01-03 14:51:11

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

lupinealchemist wrote:

Fenris Lupa wrote:

Nonesense.

As far as I know, the top point is supposed to represent the soul/spirit/magickal energy.

Funny thing is that it's easy to draw a pentagram on my left hand due to the five indents on my hand that can make the points.

I remember hearing that when Christianity and Paganism were at par with each other, werewolves were considered to be warriors that turn into divine beasts that vanquish evil when the "Eye of God," aka the moon, was fully "opened."

You should talk to Wolf VanZandt.  The connection between werewolves and christianity is something he likes to talk about and has done research on.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#44 2011-01-06 08:26:29

WolflikeCriminal

Well this is all very interesting to me.

I found the pentragram an inticeing symbol. I'm not entirely sure why I liked it so much as a kid. But as I grew so did my obssession. To the point where it is symbolized on my skin forever. I got a tattoo not to long ago of a pentagram inside a heart surrounded by wings...

Anyone wish to explain this tattoo of mine and why it is the first design and the symbol of unnatural obssession?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=450313377871&amp;set=a.364887047871.154597.583362871

Last edited by WolflikeCriminal (2011-01-06 09:03:08)

Tell me im worthless,useless and pathetic. I will believe you. But in the end im the one who succeeds.

#45 2011-01-06 13:38:51

WarWolf

Pentagrams mean two things: A symbol of earths elements and a protection fro evil. An upside down pentagram is the symbol of the Devil

The secret side of me, I never let you see, I keep it caged but I can't control it
So stay away from me, the beast is ugly, I feel the rage and I just can't hold it!

#46 2011-01-06 14:11:02

WolflikeCriminal

Well as you can see mine isn't upside down..

Tell me im worthless,useless and pathetic. I will believe you. But in the end im the one who succeeds.

#47 2011-04-28 18:14:17

serenawolf

Arnt pentagrams a sign of Satan and witchcraft and if so im screwed.

All of us are God's creatures. . .  just some are more creature than other.

#48 2011-04-28 18:59:54

lupinealchemist

serenawolf wrote:

Arnt pentagrams a sign of Satan and witchcraft and if so im screwed.

It depends on the position, like the cross. The pentagram is used in several cultures from Celtic to Asian spirituality. Usually when it's upside-down is when it's considered evil or demonic.

Board footer