The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-01 22:00:53

Werecrocodile

Movies about werebeasts other than werewolves

I have never seen one. Or found one for that matter. There was a movie called Track of the Moonbeast or something but it was pretty cheesy. I saw it yesterday.

#2 2010-09-01 22:15:25

Reptile

Re: Movies about werebeasts other than werewolves

Werecrocodile wrote:

I have never seen one. Or found one for that matter. There was a movie called Track of the Moonbeast or something but it was pretty cheesy. I saw it yesterday.

Track of the Moon Beast was gloriously bad. I still seek the DVD to add to my crappy movie collection.

Cat People is kind of about werecats. Sort of. But the main reason to watch it is to see Nastassja Kinski get naked.

[Puts on heresy hat]

A new movie called Hyenas is coming out sometime, about...guess what? Werehyenas. It looks bad, but Hyenas are cooler than wolves so I'm kind of curious about it. Other than that, eah/ Not much out there.

WARNING: The contents of this post may be vitriolic and/or offensive to samurai warriors, ninjas, tough dudes, computer using felines and people with pure wolfy spirits. Viewer discretion is advised.

#3 2010-09-02 00:36:17

Werecrocodile

I really wish movie makers would look beyond the werewolf when making werebeast films. I mean keep out the fluff but add some different animals. I personally want to see a were-reptile film that is well made. Specifically a werecrocodile.. (biased.. I know)

#4 2010-09-02 01:09:42

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

Reptile wrote:

Werecrocodile wrote:

Cat People is kind of about werecats. Sort of. But the main reason to watch it is to see Nastassja Kinski get naked.

I just thought of a really bad movie that's apparently based on a Stephen King novel.  It has werecat-ish things in it that if they get scratched by an actual cat, they die...  Somebody gets impaled with corn in that movie, it's hilarious! big_smile Do you remember what movie I'm talking about?  I can't remember what it's called..  I know it's not "Cat People"..

Last edited by Totalimmortal (2010-09-02 01:10:26)

I'll come down and get you high.  Maybe sing you a lullaby.  Sing you to sleep, a sleep you'll never wake from.  Sing you to coma, so to speak.

#5 2010-09-02 03:16:05

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

what about Jeepers Creepers? its not really werebeast but it is reptillian...

And if strength is born from heartbreak,
Then mountains I could move.
And if walls could speak,
I pray that they would tell me what to do

#6 2010-09-02 05:16:34

ShadowTrail

Totalimmortal wrote:

Reptile wrote:

Werecrocodile wrote:

I just thought of a really bad movie that's apparently based on a Stephen King novel.  It has werecat-ish things in it that if they get scratched by an actual cat, they die...  Somebody gets impaled with corn in that movie, it's hilarious! big_smile Do you remember what movie I'm talking about?  I can't remember what it's called..  I know it's not "Cat People"..

You talking about SleepWalkers >> check this link for awesome reminder. Still this movie is TERRIBLE. Not recomended for any therian, werecat looks like half-baked naked mole rats, and all comon cats want to kill them -.-'

On the other hands, i like Cat People, and think it was very good movie. While indeed there are no *real* werecats, there are therian shapeshifters who transform into panthers. Still this film has incest as major plot XD

Jeepers Creepers is a good movie (second part is WAY worse), but monster there is some sort of demon, not reptilian

There is also:

Black Sheep Awesome gore comedy about fragile relationship between sheeps and New Zelanders  big_smile

and a few film about snakes or nagas (i dont remember titles right now)

The closer you can get to werecrocodile is Killer Croc from Batman series, here is a few diffrent aproach to how he look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWSI5ilaZrg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHL1r3wUh1M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW48WFfb … re=related

There will be also a LizardMan in incoming Spiderman 4 movie (still another good human turned into anthro lizard monster)

btw im so awesome that i remembered one more, quite revelant >> The Relic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI4adLmGj very good horror, but i cant tell more cos spoiler ruin your vieving pleasure. Just watch it!

#7 2010-09-02 12:30:28

Mitch01
Rising Angel

SLEEPWALKERS!! that was the one i was thinking about. Thanks Shadow! yeah it was cheesy but i did hate the part of them killing the cats....

i wasn't designed to handle the worst and i'm not convinced that loving someone is worth it...

#8 2010-09-02 19:48:22

WolfVanZandt
Website

Was the snake woman movie called "Slither"?

And there's a really old movie about a Werecicada called (I think) "The Beast Within".

Altered states has a guy turning into a simian and something else really weird.

One of the Howling series movies had Weremarsupials.

There was an old TV series (actually pretty good for old TV series) called manimal, and the guy could turn into a variety of animals.

And in Lady Hawk, the guy was a Werewolf but his lover was a Werehawk.

One of the X-Files had a Weredhole.

And Hank of the X-Men was more feline than lupine.

#9 2010-09-03 09:59:29

Mitch01
Rising Angel

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Was the snake woman movie called "Slither"?

And there's a really old movie about a Werecicada called (I think) "The Beast Within".

Altered states has a guy turning into a simian and something else really weird.

One of the Howling series movies had Weremarsupials.

There was an old TV series (actually pretty good for old TV series) called manimal, and the guy could turn into a variety of animals.

And in Lady Hawk, the guy was a Werewolf but his lover was a Werehawk.

One of the X-Files had a Weredhole.

And Hank of the X-Men was more feline than lupine.

was Lady Hawk about that indian woman who was kind of like a superhero?

i wasn't designed to handle the worst and i'm not convinced that loving someone is worth it...

#10 2010-09-06 06:48:35

theroadwolf
4star general
Website

there is also "black sheep" the nz film about a weresheep

#11 2010-09-07 12:21:00

leighcanthrope

Mitch01 wrote:

No, Ladyhawke is the Michelle Pfeiffer - Rutger Hauer vehicle about two cursed lovers, one of whom turns into a wolf by night (Hauer) and the other one into a hawk by day (Pfeiffer) so that they can never be together. It think it's kinda good, in all its romantic cheesiness.

Another one I thought of is Time of the Beast (a.k.a. Mutator) where a man-created cat-like humanoid is stalking it's prey in a way very much like in Project: Metalbeast. So not really a were-cat, but kinda close...

Last edited by leighcanthrope (2010-09-09 16:55:46)

Homo homini lupus est...

#12 2010-09-09 11:58:19

Mitch01
Rising Angel

leighcanthrope wrote:

Mitch01 wrote:

No, Ladyhawke is the Michelle Pfeiffer - Rutger Hauer vehicle about two cursed lovers, one of whom turns into a wolf by night (Hauer) and the other one into a hawk by night (Pfeiffer) so that they can never be together. It think it's kinda good, in all its romantic cheesiness.

Another one I thought of is Time of the Beast (a.k.a. Mutator) where a man-created cat-like humanoid is stalking it's prey in a way very much like in Project: Metalbeast. So not really a were-cat, but kinda close...

oh ok i was thinking about another then... and thanks for un-confusing me lol can a fly be considered a were? LOL

metalbeast i liked so ill check out mutator and Lady Hawk but with Pfeiffer.

#13 2011-01-20 21:24:39

lupinealchemist

I need to see Metalbeast. I heard the climactic missile scene was hilarious.

I also have a feeling that an Aladdin episode knocked off Ladyhawke.

Board footer