The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-14 22:14:35

choondooga

The Wolfman

It's a book now!

All I know is that they hurt like hell and as soon as I can get up off this floor I’m gonna find that bastard and kill him.
- Gabe Ambrose

#2 2010-02-14 22:15:11

choondooga

Re: The Wolfman

Someone created a novel adaptation from the screenplay. I bought it. I'll let you know if it's any good!

All I know is that they hurt like hell and as soon as I can get up off this floor I’m gonna find that bastard and kill him.
- Gabe Ambrose

#3 2010-02-15 21:29:40

choondooga

Okay I'm about 30 pages in. It's pretty good so far.

- Gabe Ambrose

#4 2010-02-26 14:47:08

metalbeast

I Was Thrilled With The Movie So Somebody Bought Me The Novel , I'm A Few Chapters In And It's Pretty Good So Far , I Noticed That There Are Differences Between The Book And The Movie So Far

#5 2010-03-01 22:45:07

Rogue
Lunatic

metalbeast wrote:

I Was Thrilled With The Movie So Somebody Bought Me The Novel , I'm A Few Chapters In And It's Pretty Good So Far , I Noticed That There Are Differences Between The Book And The Movie So Far

Yeah, there are a TON of differences. I kind of like the book better than the movie though.

WARNING: IF YOU CAN'T TAKE A JOKE . . . STAY AWAY FROM ME!
"I'm not in a bad mood. I'm practically sociable."
"All I know is that it hurts like hell, and as soon as I can get off this floor I'm gonna find that bastard and kill him!"
http://running-rogue.deviantart.com/      http://www.facebook.com/supergayadventures

#6 2010-03-02 10:02:40

WereWolfH

Okay, so I bought this at Target. Hope it has more stuff in it than the movie. You guys say so, so I'm excited. IT's just like how Underworld had more stuff and insight in the books vs. the movie. Can't wait.

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#7 2010-03-02 16:59:17

metalbeast

I Just Finished Reading It , The Book Was Pretty Good , There Are Some Extra Things In The Book That Explain A Lot Of Things In The Movie , A Lot Of Things That Were In The Book Should Have Been Included In The Movie , And There Are Some Things I'm Glad They Left Out

#8 2010-03-02 17:47:10

Rogue
Lunatic

I agree, Metal. If they had put lots of the details in the book into the movie, it would have cleared up a looooooooot of things.

WARNING: IF YOU CAN'T TAKE A JOKE . . . STAY AWAY FROM ME!
"I'm not in a bad mood. I'm practically sociable."
"All I know is that it hurts like hell, and as soon as I can get off this floor I'm gonna find that bastard and kill him!"
http://running-rogue.deviantart.com/      http://www.facebook.com/supergayadventures

#9 2011-02-22 12:41:38

Beckers

I know this is an older thread but being new here, and a fan of the movie, I wanted to add my thoughts. Thanks.

I did enjoy the book, how the author got a bit more under the skin (no pun intended) of the characters. However, I felt there could have been a bit more depth to Gwen. She basically seemed to be "the girl in a werewolf book" and most of what we see in her is what Lawrence sees, how he is slowly falling in love/lust with her.
The one thing i liked about the movie over the book was that Benecio's Lawrence was not "open" -- we had to read what he was feeling through Benecio, his expression, the way he moved his eyes, the way he would toss the medallion on the table, the way he would gulp down a drink or look at his mother's portrait. In the book it's all out there. not necessarily a bad thing but he just seemed more mysterious in the movie, like we weren't sure what his next move might be. In the book we read everything he is thinking and that introvertness disappears. Also, John Talbot seems larger then life in the books whereas in the movie, as played by Anthony Hopkins, he is colder and while certainly a presence, not the big bear I pictured from reading the book.
However, I did appreciate the author's enthusiasm and the way he brought out a bit more information. I wondered if he got his ideas from early drafts of the screenplay or if it was dramatic license.
Also thought it clever, using the final werewolf fight how he differentiated the two beast by calling one The Wolfman and the other Werewolf. Made it easier to figure out which was which. smile
Anyway, a good book and welcome addition to my werewolf paperbacks.
Beckers

#10 2011-02-22 13:01:27

The Busboy
Administrator

#11 2011-02-23 06:43:49

WereWolfH

I liked the movie. How much different is the book from it? And is the vision of the werewolf more bestial or was it just like the movie? I know Rick said he wanted to take that last step of the transformation but the studio stayed with the look they have now.

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

Board footer