The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-11 10:01:13

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

A Teaser for my latest story.

Imagine if Alpha and Omega had actually been a good film, with werewolves instead of actual wolves. I had the best idea for a story today, going to post the first few teaser ideas I had for you lovely people; let me know if you think it looks good and would actually be up for reading something along these lines, if you would smile

Teaser 1

She was sat on Clan Rock, sharpening her claws against a shard of flint. Well, he couldn’t be sure. She may have just been throwing off sparks for something to look at, a place to set her eyes; a distraction. Her great Alpha’s mane trembled softly in the breeze.
Dan approached softly, trying not to disturb her. The scent of her anger drifted through his delicate  nostrils along with the sweet intoxicating Alpha smell; but not the kind of furious anger he’d smelt before, more of a lonely, frustrated anger. Her gruff voice sounded before he could pad too close.
“Why did you follow me here?”
“I... wanted to talk,” Dan said in a soft growl, as usual surprised by how low his voice had become.
“I don’t have anything to say.” Naru replied almost instantly, creating another rain of sparks as her claws slid across the surface of the rock.
“I don’t see why it’s such a big deal,” Dan shrugged, though before he could finish she stood up decisively, turned a smart about-face and strode past him. “You wouldn’t,” she retorted callously, going to sit on the other end of Clan Rock. Flopping down like a mound of white, she stared into the middle distance, a frown plastered on the curiously canine features.
Dan pursued angrily, trying not to let the Alpha smell woo him into subservience. “You’re not really a werewolf,” he growled, “You’re a person. I wish you’d stop with the big bad wolf thing. It doesn’t suit you.”
“Shows what you know.” Came the cruel reply. Dan was surprised to find he wasn’t as scared as he rightly should have been, confronting the Alpha like this. He tried a different tactic. Though he could feel Naru’s burning urge to be left alone, he got down on all fours, below the level of her head, and approached cautiously, nuzzling his brown nose into her left shoulder. Inhaling deeply, the Alpha musk acted like a narcotic to his brain, numbing any remaining sense of anger he might have felt and lulling him into a stupor. He slipped his great paws as carefully as he could around her, feeling her considerable abdominal muscles stiffen in response.
She half-sighed, half-growled warningly, but it was too difficult for him to pull away now. The potent Alpha scent was intended precisely to calm excited subordinates, and it worked almost too well on Dan.
“This is a mistake,” she said, but hardly seemed to mean it, “You need to stop doing this.” Truthfully, his musk soothed her too, though not because it was intended to. She had simply learned to associate that scent with his cosy acceptance of her.
He lifted his head. “Why?” He said in a tone which implied that no answer would be adequate.
Though it took all the effort she could muster, she pulled his paws off and stood up. Though her anger had long departed, she still looked pained as she turned.
“I’m an Alpha. My scent isn’t meant to have that impact on you. It’s supposed to enforce compliance in subs, not to attract them. If I mate with a sub, I’ll be exiled. The pack expects Alpha to mate with Alpha.”
“I don’t care,” said Dan, standing up too, and noticing for the first time how much smaller than he Naru was, “You’re the Alpha, why can’t you just rewrite the laws?”
She snarled loudly. He’d overstepped the mark of her delicate temper again, and it flared at him in an instant. “Like I said, I wouldn’t expect a human to understand!” She galloped off on all fours in a furious rage as fast as her paws would take her, disappearing into the forest and leaving him stood there with disbelief plastered across his face.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

Board footer