The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-21 22:44:04

WarWolf

Real world Werewolf

I'm thinking of writing a realistic story about three teenagers, who live fairly normal lives but the werewolf curse hits them after an eclipse messes the moons pattern and turns random people into werewolves. The story would be about them trying to balance their normal lives with the beast inside them. They soon realise that they miss the worries of their old normal lives after they are forced to kill a werewolf who goes on a killing rampage. Id kinda like it to be in the same style as Being Human, and maybe introduce Vampires and other supernatural beings. Any ideas?

The secret side of me, I never let you see, I keep it caged but I can't control it
So stay away from me, the beast is ugly, I feel the rage and I just can't hold it!

#2 2010-12-22 18:48:30

Warchildsilver

Re: Real world Werewolf

I think there's a lot of potential in this. Because you listed 'Being Human' as your inspiration, I can imagine it being more character driven - giving a humanity to beings that are felt to have no humanity. Develop it smile Create those characters and flesh them out; their hopes and dreams, personalities, family lives - and see what happens. How do they interact with their parents? What do their parents think of them disappearing all night to transform? Do their parents suspect anything is wrong, or do they just accept it as a teenager thing? There's so much room here and I think you might have something that could be entertaining and thoughtful, with parallels to teenage growth and the whole coming of age experience. Plus, because you mentioned 3 possible main characters, it means you can show this story from 3 different perspectives.

I'm intrigued, to say the least.

Good job!

*They were always here.  I just unlocked the door.*

#3 2010-12-23 01:32:04

SilentStrider

I don't think I could've said it better myself, WarChild.

#4 2010-12-23 06:08:34

WarWolf

Wow, thanks Warchild, I was gunna mould my characters around my two best friends and we all have very different lives, one sits at home, plays piano and doesnt get on well with his parents and the other goes out gettin drunk every time hes not in college. Im kind of a mixture of both. These guys woud have different problems having to deal with the change giving me three different stories. Thanks smile

The secret side of me, I never let you see, I keep it caged but I can't control it
So stay away from me, the beast is ugly, I feel the rage and I just can't hold it!

#5 2011-01-22 18:51:06

MadScientisit

This story sounds cool please write it soon!

I fight for my kind! I live for my kind! I'll bite people who offend,threaten,endanger my kind!
"I'll also brush my teeth mom!" big_smile

#6 2011-04-01 17:15:49

chas

Warwolf, i was wondering if the story is written.  I really like the idea.  Let me know.....

Board footer