The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-05 01:19:09

YoursTruly

Wish Upon a Midnight

Years ago, more than I care to remember now, I was worshiped as a goddess in grand temples. Thousands flocked to me seeking prosperity for their farms, the infertile the blessing of conception, those who had already conceived asked for a son, and those who were poor asked for wealth. My temples were glorious in design, wealthy, thriving. They forever smelled of sweet incense, perfumes, and oils.
My priests and priestesses adorned themselves in my colors: vivid blues, deep purples, bright reds, timid pinks, glowing golds. They held festivals, offered up sacrifices, danced, sang my praises for having been blessed. And they were blessed, my people. They did not know sickness, starvation, or the death of children. I was pleased with them. They were blessed, and they worshiped me. But that was then, and this is now...

usure naide anata yo wazuka na toiki wo kikasete hoshii
chiisana kodou de naku anata yo koko made oide
kawaranai yume ni tsuduki ga aru nara douka togireruzuni
koufuku to yobe nakutemo oborete kasanaru hibi wo

#2 2011-04-12 01:04:10

YoursTruly

Re: Wish Upon a Midnight

Upon the banishment of my temples and their practices, I've walked this world as a mortal, watching as it grew in population and forgot the power of the ancient ways. I saw others similar to me all but die off. Their numbers are so few, I don't dare think of it. Vampires, werewolves, other demons, they either gave up or were killed off by mortals. Those of us that have survived have done so by pretending to be the very thing that kills us. This is worse than damnation.
My life is currently spent working in a cubical of the largest investment banking service that there is. Answering calls, pretending to give a damn about the complaints of some ignorant man who notices that his stocks' worth has dropped a whole penny. Most of my time is spent wishing for years gone by. Without the worship and sacrifices of my followers, I am almost powerless. Hell forbid that I give up on that dream of one day regaining what is rightfully mine. If that were to happen, I would be summoned back to Hell and forced to do what other demons do with their time: drolly looking for a way to escape. That will not be me.
What I need is a deal. A very good deal. At least I still have that power: the ability to strike a deal.  Should a human wish, I can give them whatever they wish if in return they give me their soul. I've yet to successfully do so, but I have the feeling that it won't take very long. In a place like the one I now work, everyone would trade anything to get out. If I had a soul to give away, I'd probably do the same thing, but I have to be here. Even demigods have to make a living these days. How sad it is, my eternity. But things will change soon, I'm sure. I can sense it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comments and criticism is more than welcome all! Thanks.

usure naide anata yo wazuka na toiki wo kikasete hoshii
chiisana kodou de naku anata yo koko made oide
kawaranai yume ni tsuduki ga aru nara douka togireruzuni
koufuku to yobe nakutemo oborete kasanaru hibi wo

#3 2011-04-12 07:12:56

Ridgewolf

Very interesting opening, please do continue big_smile !?

Wolfs 'n' Minecraft <3

#4 2011-04-12 14:39:48

ShadowWolf2010
Website

YoursTruly wrote:

Upon the banishment of my temples and their practices, I've walked this world as a mortal, watching as it grew in population and forgot the power of the ancient ways. I saw others similar to me all but die off. Their numbers are so few, I don't dare think of it. Vampires, werewolves, other demons, they either gave up or were killed off by mortals. Those of us that have survived have done so by pretending to be the very thing that kills us. This is worse than damnation.
My life is currently spent working in a cubical of the largest investment banking service that there is. Answering calls, pretending to give a damn about the complaints of some ignorant man who notices that his stocks' worth has dropped a whole penny. Most of my time is spent wishing for years gone by. Without the worship and sacrifices of my followers, I am almost powerless. Hell forbid that I give up on that dream of one day regaining what is rightfully mine. If that were to happen, I would be summoned back to Hell and forced to do what other demons do with their time: drolly looking for a way to escape. That will not be me.
What I need is a deal. A very good deal. At least I still have that power: the ability to strike a deal.  Should a human wish, I can give them whatever they wish if in return they give me their soul. I've yet to successfully do so, but I have the feeling that it won't take very long. In a place like the one I now work, everyone would trade anything to get out. If I had a soul to give away, I'd probably do the same thing, but I have to be here. Even demigods have to make a living these days. How sad it is, my eternity. But things will change soon, I'm sure. I can sense it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comments and criticism is more than welcome all! Thanks.

What a fascinating premise! I would like to see this developed and I think its a great pitch for a tv series actually. Keep it coming!

--Tony
"Woof."

Board footer