The Werewolf Caf The Werewolf Caf

You are not logged in.

#26 2011-04-15 21:24:00

ShadowWolf2010
Website

Re: "Howl" - Me trying my hand at writing.

RedMoonstruck wrote:

ShadowWolf2010 wrote:

RedMoonstruck wrote:

Ah, I see. I was wondering why he made note of the others as 'shifters' in his school. I thought perhaps they were like beings that could shift into a full animal form rather than a hybrid like he was. Pretty interesting stuff.

I really am humbled to see other authors already using the werewolf biology I've made.  Landon is doing a smashing job of writing this piece and with a bit of polish, it could make a great book in its own right from what we've seen thus far.

I think so, too. But, out of curiosity, how would you two reconcile the content in regards to lycanthropic myth/biology, seeing as how LandonOokami's is based on yours? I mean, if you two both wanted to eventually publish?

I think it might be really cool some day to gather up a collection of short stories and novellas set in the same universe, a bit like the star wars expanded universe or Landon could take the concept and modify it enough to make it his own. The werewolf mythos stretches back thousands of years, back to the earliest darkest days of primitive man. There are ten thousand ways to approach it. Mine is just one. I'm sure he could come up with something unique if he wished to go that route. As it is, he and Ridge have both contributed major ideas to my book, which were very helpful to my original manuscript so I've honored them both by one, creating a character, and two mentioning their story lines as well in the main text as taking place in the same universe, though perhaps not at the exact same time. I also have in mind mentioning the Werewolf Cafe itself so that one day if the book is published, it could tell the people out there about what a wonderful strong community of creative intelligent and talented people call this place home though I am still working on how to make it fit in the universe but I'm sure something will present itself.

Also, the Wolf universe is so massive that there are tons of stories that the reader doesnt get to read about in the main books, experiences by families and individuals that have happened before the events, during the events and after, its possible to tell a hundred thousand stories just from the people's experiences alone. Some of them may never encounter the main characters but their stories are important in getting the message of Wolf across, which , in part, is that hate in any form will breed nothing but destruction and that change is the only constant in a world where everything is chaos.

Last edited by ShadowWolf2010 (2011-04-15 21:27:18)

--Tony
"Woof."

#27 2011-04-15 22:10:42

RedMoonstruck

ShadowWolf2010 wrote:

I think it might be really cool some day to gather up a collection of short stories and novellas set in the same universe, a bit like the star wars expanded universe or Landon could take the concept and modify it enough to make it his own. The werewolf mythos stretches back thousands of years, back to the earliest darkest days of primitive man. There are ten thousand ways to approach it. Mine is just one. I'm sure he could come up with something unique if he wished to go that route. As it is, he and Ridge have both contributed major ideas to my book, which were very helpful to my original manuscript so I've honored them both by one, creating a character, and two mentioning their story lines as well in the main text as taking place in the same universe, though perhaps not at the exact same time. I also have in mind mentioning the Werewolf Cafe itself so that one day if the book is published, it could tell the people out there about what a wonderful strong community of creative intelligent and talented people call this place home though I am still working on how to make it fit in the universe but I'm sure something will present itself.

Also, the Wolf universe is so massive that there are tons of stories that the reader doesnt get to read about in the main books, experiences by families and individuals that have happened before the events, during the events and after, its possible to tell a hundred thousand stories just from the people's experiences alone. Some of them may never encounter the main characters but their stories are important in getting the message of Wolf across, which , in part, is that hate in any form will breed nothing but destruction and that change is the only constant in a world where everything is chaos.

That would be really cool to see come to fruition. I wish you the best of luck, and I will be sure to pick up a published copy whenever the chance arises. smile Good werewolf literature is hard to find and it's nice to find something that has much thought put into it as you and Landon have put into it. I'm hoping to make my contribution to the lycanthrope literary community myself, but I definitely think your universe is more approachable than mine. Yours seems to have just the right amount of imagination to it that allows others to build on what you already have. I fear that my mythos may be too rigid, but it would be nice to see if anyone is that inspired by it. I hope to have something to put up on the forums soon, but I'm very shy about my writing. >_>;

#28 2011-04-15 22:27:02

ShadowWolf2010
Website

RedMoonstruck wrote:

ShadowWolf2010 wrote:

That would be really cool to see come to fruition. I wish you the best of luck, and I will be sure to pick up a published copy whenever the chance arises. smile Good werewolf literature is hard to find and it's nice to find something that has much thought put into it as you and Landon have put into it. I'm hoping to make my contribution to the lycanthrope literary community myself, but I definitely think your universe is more approachable than mine. Yours seems to have just the right amount of imagination to it that allows others to build on what you already have. I fear that my mythos may be too rigid, but it would be nice to see if anyone is that inspired by it. I hope to have something to put up on the forums soon, but I'm very shy about my writing. >_>;

Like Landon says, "Howl like there is no tomorrow!"

--Tony
"Woof."

#29 2011-04-16 00:40:52

LandonOokami

Personally, I'm just doing this for fun and to possibly expand on Shadow's "world" so to speak. I had a thought of "wonder what it'd be like in the south" and *poof*. This is all off the top of my head when I get free time with my iPod. I have no serious plans for this other than entertainment.
"Howl like no one's listening" is my line which is ironic cause in person, I'm pretty introvert unless I sense something in a person that makes me want to tlk. Then I'm a crazy ball of fur, fun, and sexual inuendos.

Last edited by LandonOokami (2011-04-16 01:32:55)

Werewolves run monthly
Swiftly moving through the trees
The prey meets their fate

#30 2011-04-16 01:12:26

RedMoonstruck

LandonOokami wrote:

Personally, I'm just doing this for fun and to possibly expand on Shadow's "world" so to speak. I had a thought of "wonder what it'd be like in the south" and *poof*. This is all off the top of my head when I get free time with my iPod. I have no serious plans for this other than entertainment.
"Howl like no one's watching" is my line which is ironic cause in person, I'm pretty introvert unless I sense something in a person that makes me want to tlk. Then I'm a crazy ball of fur, fun, and sexual inuendos.

Haha. Kind of like "dance like no one's watching". smile It sounds kind of like something my own characters would say.

Well, your writing certainly is fun to read. It's light and easy but compelling at the same time. For someone so young you have a lot of potential for publishing, methinks. Keep writing!

#31 2011-04-16 01:31:01

LandonOokami

Part 2.5:
This section is setting up to merge with my other story not yet posted on this site. (see brain explosion on other story.)
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Landon woke up in his room under a blanket. The sun was coming in low through his window. The clock on his bed side read 6:55. He slept for longer than he thought he would. He would usually wake up at the sound of the automatic garage door when his mom came home from her job. She must have made him move so she could get to the news without bugging him. He didn't remember moving but he never did.
Landon walked into the living room wearing some old jean shorts and the same short sleeve shirt he wore to school.
"Hey Mama," he said as he hugged her from behind the couch.
"Hey baby," she said. "You were knocked out. It took me a while to get you to wake up and get you back to your room."
Landon walked around and sat by his mom. "Sorry. I must have been more tired than I thought."
"It's because you never go to bed on time like I tell you to," she said.
"I do go to bed. I just can't fall asleep right off so I read."
"Well just be careful what you read. Not everything on paper is meant to be read or good for you to read."
"I know, Mom. You worry to much."
"Well I'm a momma; I'm supposed to worry about my babies."
Landon could never respond to that so the conversation died off as the seven o'clock news came on. Landon's mom commented on every story, either positively or negatively. Most of it was negative and Landon couldn't figure out why she would watch something that would get her so worked up.
The news just finished a story on a child's birthday party location that doubled as a gym for parents when the male anchor's face went solemn. "We have some disturbing and breaking news. It seems that there have been a large number of kidnappings of young werewolf citizens in the local area right out of their own homes. As of this moment, six full generation and shifter teens have been reported missing. The kidnapped kids were all taken today between noon and five this afternoon. Not much is know about who or why someone is doing this but we will give you updates as we get new information."
The television was muted and the tension was thick. Landon and his mother were at a loss for words. Both had sympathetic looks on their faces. Landon's mom was the one to break the silence.
"Those poor children... How could anyone take someone's child like that?"
Landon sat and stared at the television. Somebody was stealing those like him in his own state. His overactive imagination started to run. What lengths would they go to in order to a werewolf? Would they try to hurt the family too? A twisting feeling in his gut told him he needed desperately to prepare for the future. No matter what, he couldn't let anything get to his mother. She did so much for him over the past sixteen years that, if it ever came to it, he could live with keeping her safe with himself as collateral.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I'm thinking that part 3 will be the last of it. After that, I'll connect my brain babies together to form SUPER GIGANTO-BABY! (If you get that reference then you win forever and are my new friend.)
Until then, keep your muzzles pointed at the moon and let it carry your howls to the heavens.

Werewolves run monthly

#32 2011-04-16 02:32:31

RedMoonstruck

LandonOokami wrote:

I'm thinking that part 3 will be the last of it. After that, I'll connect my brain babies together to form SUPER GIGANTO-BABY! (If you get that reference then you win forever and are my new friend.)
Until then, keep your muzzles pointed at the moon and let it carry your howls to the heavens.

"HI, BEBEHS!" XD

#33 2011-04-16 02:54:47

ShadowWolf2010
Website

While your character does not live in Dawson City, I see that perhaps Rakinos or men like him are everywhere in the US methinks.

--Tony
"Woof."

#34 2011-04-16 07:51:27

LandonOokami

RedMoonstruck wrote:

LandonOokami wrote:

"HI, BEBEHS!" XD

Yes!!!! You win!

Werewolves run monthly

#35 2011-04-16 07:56:07

Ridgewolf

ShadowWolf2010 wrote:

As it is, he and Ridge have both contributed major ideas to my book, which were very helpful to my original manuscript so I've honored them both by one, creating a character, and two mentioning their story lines as well in the main text as taking place in the same universe, though perhaps not at the exact same time.

Shadow, very humbling. Thank you smile

Wolfs 'n' Minecraft <3

#36 2011-04-19 07:19:44

LandonOokami

Howl 3:

"It has been two weeks since the start of the kidnappings of werewolf children and teens. To date, thirteen are missing from their homes and ten out of local orphanages. Investigators are looking in to who may be doing this but there are no leads. There is also no information on how the kidnappers are choosing their targets. Parents are asked to keep a close eye on their kids if they carry the lycanthrope gene. We will keep you posted with any new information. Now we return you to your show already in progress."
Landon turned off the television. Suddenly, he didn't care for the device at all. He hopped off his bed and exited into the hall and made his way to the living room. He desperately wanted to leave but his mother forbade him to leave. Just thinking of the threat she made sent chills through his fur. No werewolf's strength could withstand a black mother's rage.
A muffled noise from the  guest bed room broke Landon's chain of thought. He tensed up and got up off the couch. 'They've finally come for me,' he thought as he hid by the hallway wall. A person in all black and a mask stepped out into the open. Landon swung for the visible skin on the intruder's neck and the person dodged swiftly, catching Landon's forearm and throwing him into the far wall with ease. Landon stood quickly. "Why are you doing this!?! What did werewolves ever do to you people?!?" The figure, most likely a man based on the build, just looked Landon over as he pulled out a large needle. Landon's eyes went to it instantly. Whatever was in it was strong enough to knock out even a wolf or worse. In the split second it took him to look at the needle, his assailant cleared over half the distance between them.
Landon sidestepped and tried to roundhouse kick the kidnapper in the chest. The man caught the kick and injected the needle into Landon's thigh. The plunger was down and soon, so was Landon. He was completely coherent but immobile. It was as if the injection cut off all motion control and speech. He felt as if he was locked inside his own head. He felt himself be picked up and carried out the front door of his house. There was a landscaping van out front and he was placed in the back and strapped down. The one who carried him stayed in the back of the van as it started moving. There must have been another person driving the vain. Landon could not willingly sniff out his surroundings but as his normal breath came, he noticed the scent of woods and greenery were very strong. This van was actually used for landscaping and yard work. A voice came through an old RC radio like truckers used. Landon heard only parts of the conversation as he drifted in and out of consciousness. The drug must have started to take full effect. He struggled to keep listening. The last words he heard were, "he will be retaught like the rest of them. Take him to the facility."
Landon's strength ebbed and one last thought slipped to the surface.
~At least my mom will be safe...~

Werewolves run monthly

#37 2011-04-27 14:03:01

LandonOokami

I have started to fix and type up my old story to fit in after this. It is in first person though so it'll be a bit different. i will still post in this thread so keep a look out.

EDIT: Posting the piece now! i still need a begining though so if there are any thoughts on how i can do it, feel free to email. please put Subject line as something related to the story or this site. If not, you may get a few swear words your way on how you got my email. (i'm very defensive so i appologize in advance) smile

Last edited by LandonOokami (2011-04-27 20:24:58)

Werewolves run monthly

#38 2011-04-27 20:26:13

LandonOokami

I jilted upward and slammed my head on some kind of metal bar. I screamed as I clutched my forehead.
Apparently, I have a very quiet roommate that starts to stir. I could tell it was a guy when he groaned.
    “What’s your malfunction!” he exclaims as quietly as possible, “Why are you bumping around at two in the morning?!”
    “Two in the--,”
    “Shhh!” he said in haste. Before I could finish, his paw was over my mouth. He moved so swiftly and without even making a sound. In my ear he whispered, “go back to sleep. You’ve been out cold for at least a week so I’ll give a run down in the morning.”
    I nod my head hard enough to make my head fur slap against my forehead. He let go of me and stealthily slipped back into his bed above me.
    I went back over my thoughts. What happened before I went to sleep? No matter how hard I think, nothing coherent came to mind; only numbness like I was floating. The floating feeling returned as sleep took over. I tried to pinch myself to stay awake and try to sort it all out but I couldn’t move. I just felt… numb…

I wake up drenched from head to toe, soaked to the marrow, in ice water.  Ice cubes were still sitting on my chest. Even though the room was toasty warm, my teeth chattered together. I sat up slowly this time knowing something is above my head only there wasn’t.  I looked to the wall and saw that the cot was folded in to the wall. I decided to do the same but pulled of my sheets and hung them in front of the window to dry.
    Finally out of my personal ice box, I shake off as much water as I can. After getting somewhat air-dried, I finally get a chance to look over the room I woke up in.

On, or should I say, in the wall are the lofts. At the head of the cots is a little depression for the pillows. The one above me had already been folded into the wall.  On the opposite wall there is a sink with a towel rack to its left and right. Each rack had a small facecloth, a slightly bigger body cloth, and a towel. The clothes on the left had recently been used. The right ones then must be mine.
    After washing off, I go over to the right to the two closet doors. I look them over both doors and noticed that both have numbers on them. The one in the corner has a metallic plaque that says “372 Codename: Kyle.” The other door looks less impressive; a wooden tag roughly nailed to it with the number 675 carved into it. I look in the left one and find two different outfits; a forest green shirt with cameo pants and a white tee shirt with jean shorts.
There was a note on the white tee. I pulled out the set along with the note and started to read it. The paper tickled my nose and caused me to sneeze and sniff. When I sniffed, a feint, yet familiar odor drifted into my nose. There were so many different things that came in contact with that single sheet of scrap paper. There were the chemicals from the detergent used on the clothes, the ink from two- no- three different pens, and an organic sent that triggered a recent memory. It was the writer of the note’s scent; the scent of my bunkmate.
I snapped out of my trance and read the note.

It’s our day off from combat training today. You can wear this while you’re not doing anything. I made a map and left it in the front right pocket of your jeans. Your key is in the left. After you get dressed, you can come find me in the Arcade Room marked by the “X”. Lock the room door behind you. If you can’t read the map, just follow my scent. (if you haven’t noticed, it’s all around the room.
                            Your Roomie,
                            372, AKA: Kyle
    P.S.
Next time you wake up late, the Sergeant might pour hot water on you. I was the one who poured the cold water though.

I put the note down and finish drying off with the towel. I slide on some underwear and my jeans which both had buttons in back that go over my tail.  I tossed on the shirt over my reddish-gray furred upper body. I didn’t see any shoes, so I guess I wasn’t supposed to wear any. I walked over and opened the door and stepped out, reaching in my left pocket for the key. I pulled it out and locked the door, slipped them back in my pocket while pulling out the map. I unfolded the paper and caught a whiff of Kyle’s scent again. It was stronger now and I noticed something fall out the paper. It floated down gently to the ground. I picked it up and looked at the paper. In the same handwriting as the first note, the paper said; “My scent is your map. Follow your nose and good luck.” There was a big evil simile that covered the rest of the page.
‘That was so not necessary,’ thought to my self.
I take in his aroma and search the surrounding area for a match. I find a line to my right that’s sort of faded but gets stronger as I walked. The trail led me around a corner and down a staircase. I walked past a glass door and wall that leads to a large courtyard. Across the yard, I could see a dark room with neon lights. I figured that was my destination.
While walking the path of the scent, I tried to remember as much as my past as I could. I knew basic things about myself but no details. I didn’t even remember my name. Kyle’s letter addressed me as “675” so I guess that will do for now. The lack of memories took a backseat as I walk out a pair of doors to what seems to be a courtyard.
    I never paid much attention to my sense of smell in the past. As I take the shortcut through the courtyard after constant sniffing, I pick up on things I never would have dreamed of. The sweet smell of the grass mixed with the musk of furs playing sports played on my pallet in an awkward way.
“HEY NOOB, HEADS UP!” a voice says from my left. I look to see what it was. Before I knew it, there was a popped football in my muzzle. I felt a wave of heat roll briefly down my spine before dispersing. I focused over to a group of furs with gapping mouths and wide eyes. I spit out the deflated toy and flung it back to the one with the most dumbstruck look on his face. They all watched as it came back to them, awkwardly flopping in the air, and landed at their feet. Remembering where I was going in the first place, I started back walking to the arcade.

Inside the Arcade, there are a few card tables, three pool tables, a shooting game, a DDR station(which I guess counts as two stations), and a good number of air hockey tables. All you could hear was the clank of billiard balls and the current song being danced to. The black lights hanging from the ceiling turned the white shirts and fur a purplish blue. There was a thick haze that hung above our heads signifying that some of the furs here were smoking. I walked over to an almost empty air hockey table where there was only one fur. His back was facing me which gave me a great view of his head fur. It was hard to tell what color it was because of the lighting, but I finally went with brown with red running through it. It was cropped short; right above the bump on the back of his neck. The ends were uneven as if he used his claws to cut it him self.

“So, you actually made it,” he said in slight disbelief. I knew it was Kyle. It wasn’t because of his voice, but because of his sent. “Did the map help any?” He smirked. “Yea, it did. Almost like you drew it on paper,” I teased back. There was a long pause. “So,” I started, “you want to play or…”
THWACK!
That was all I could say before a cue ball smacked me in the middle of my forehead. I fell over with a thud, cursing up a storm while holding my head. Everyone stopped, looked, and laughed. Oh, the humiliation! Somewhere between my headache, the laughing, and my ears ringing, I felt the heat from before return in my stomach. It spread up to my shoulders, down my arms and legs and even to the tip of my tail. Across my entire being, it felt as if hairs were being plucked at endlessly. The heat intensified to a roaring flame that could melt bones. I rolled on the floor in sheer agony; groaning in pain.
“Geez man,” someone in the room said, “the ball didn’t hit you that hard.”
There was a loud, sickening ‘pop’ that came from my shoulder and I screamed. Every one backed away from me. I could feel my body changing. My fangs grew larger and my claws thickened. My skinny physique was a thing of the past; soon to be replaced with a hulking mass of muscle and fur that filled the once baggy clothes I was wearing. My paws became more feral and digi-graded. I could still feel my thumbs and fingers grow in girth as they ran along the concrete floor. They dug into the protective coating on the floor as if it was sand on a beach.
    The pain and heat started to subside. When I opened my eyes, I could see as if the black lights were real incandescent. I looked from one fur to the next. Each had a look of curiosity, confusion, or fear. The rest were too high or drunk to really soak in what was happening. I myself could barely comprehend what was happening. I looked toward Kyle.
    ‘What’s wrong? Why are you looking at my like that?’ I tried to speak but was only able to form a series of barks, grunts, and whines. Kyle took slow steps towards me. As he came closer, I turned onto my stomach which was surprisingly more comfortable. He froze in place when I moved, then continued when I stopped. He crouched down slightly and stuck out his shaky forepaw; rubbing his digit pads together like he had something in his hand. I couldn’t believe that he was treating me like some kind of stray on the street! I growled and stood on all fours; hackles raised. Kyle was taken aback for a moment, but regained his composure. This new look on his face was one of battle.  I charge at him and snapped at his leg, only to graze his ankle. We were both surprised at how fast I was. The fight didn’t go on long as he was more experienced than I. In moments, he had me pinned face down by the back of my neck while biting my ear. “Hey 675,” he said through clenched teeth, “you need to calm down.” I take deep breath to calm myself down. Instead of feeling a burst of heat, I feel a wave of cool, like floating in a pool; wave after wave of calm flow over me. I was soon in a deep sleep.

Werewolves run monthly

#39 2011-05-06 13:44:59

LandonOokami

I hope to get the next part up soon. Exam prep and prom are keeping me from doing it now but it will be done. Please bare with me.

Werewolves run monthly

#40 2011-05-08 07:18:18

Ridgewolf

I should be studdying but it's my way not to...

Gl for your exams hope all goes well smile

Wolfs 'n' Minecraft <3

#41 2011-05-09 06:49:33

LandonOokami

They start at noon EST. so about 5hrs from this post.

Werewolves run monthly

#42 2011-05-20 14:16:39

LandonOokami

it has indeed been a while since i even looked at this page. my biggest test is over and my high school days are indeed winding down so i should be postiong more often. so here is the next section!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up on fire! I could feel something seeping down in my chest fur touching the skin beneath. Each time it made contact, I could literally feel the blister form. I rolled from side to side in excruciating pain. I rolled off my cot like bed and hit the floor with a thud. This time I really woke up. I opened my eyes to see Kyle leaning over his cot to see what happened.
    “Are you okay?” he asked. “Yeah I’m fine,” I answer while rubbing my forehead. “It was just another nightmare.” “Not again,” he said as he leapt to the floor making way less noise than me. He was always so quiet; I could never hear him coming even with my ears.
    I’ve been at this training base for about a year now. Kyle and I are sort of inseparable. We do all of our drills together. Our head officer, Sergeant  Bixby always puts us last so everyone can watch us race. It was always the same result; I would win the speed course and Kyle would win the obstacle course.
    When I snapped back to reality, Kyle was already looking through his closet for the steel shackles. I knew he was, at the least, unnerved about my other form and for a while so was I. The shackles were my idea at first but I have grown to accept my wilder self. It makes me feel… free. I stood up and walked over to the closet and Kyle. I rested back against the wall; pretending to be one of the 80’s cool guys. Kyle didn’t even notice me; he just continued looking for the chains. After a while, I got board and started clicking my claws together. Kyle’s ear twitched. I could always find a way to annoy him. A few more minutes passed. Kyle kept looking and I kept clicking. Each time I clicked, his ear twitched. Each time his ear twitched, my smile grew wider. I knew he wouldn’t hit me because he’s afraid that it will provoke the change. Now that I’ve gone through training, he can’t take me down like last time. And I use that to my advantage.
    When I was satisfied, I moved away and let him continue his search. He never cleaned out his closet except on laundry day. Five minutes, seven shirts, four pairs of pants, and a few unmentionables later, he found the box. For fun I wrote “In Case of Emergency” on the lid.
    “Found it” he said placing the box on the top shelf of my closet. Neither one of us are big on personal space. That is, except when it comes to food.
    “This really sucks man…” I said with a sigh. He looked at me with his head cocked to the side with one ear back and the opposite eyebrow raised.
    “I was supposed to finally get my code name tonight!” I said answering his questioning look.
    “Oh man! That’s right!” he exclaimed. “That really does suck.”
    I plop down at the desk and turn on the fairly new laptop we got a little while ago.  After it boots up, I go to the internet to check my mail. My mailbox is the only thing keeping me up to date. It’s all because of drafting. When new furs get drafted, everyone gets the next day off. It’s kind of like freshmen first day in high school. The newbies get to tour the facility and get used to their new “home” and lifestyle. I missed mine because I was out cold for a week. My first day awake was a scheduled break day. I guess I was a bit lucky.

We decide to go out to the courtyard to relax under the shade of one of the large trees. Somehow, we got in an argument about different tactical maneuvers. When Kyle’s stomach growls, it reminds me how late in the day it was. We head over to the café to grab an early dinner and continue our discussion when a milky-white wolf codenamed Slik came over.
    “Hey Kyle,” he says. Kyle nods.
    “Hey…number.” He says number like it’s a sin or something. I kind of did blow off my unofficial codename ceremony. All of which were near or on the night of my Change.
    “I hope your not gonna get cold feet on your big day like the last seventeen times. Or is it that you just don’t want a code name?”
    The way his voice sounds when he patronizes me gets under my skin every time. I could feel my muscles rippling under my pelt as I forced down a feral growl. I clenched my fist to hide my growing claws. The fur on my neck stood on end. Usually I could stop myself from Changing when Silk came around but it was I passed my safety point. It would start to increase in speed soon. I couldn’t calm down enough to keep it in check. Before I knew it, I was at the training grounds. I was in the forest combat zone when my legs gave out. The pain shot through me shortly before the numbness came in. It made the pain go away and I felt as if I was floating…. Floating…. Float…..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

there was a time skip at the start so hope it didnt throw anyone off. nothing really happens in the skipped period and i didn't want to think of anything. (if someone else did then i wouldn't care at all. fanfic ppl go nuts)

Werewolves run monthly

#43 2011-08-17 01:20:43

LandonOokami

another short part. here's hoping the updates to all my works will be short, but frequent. smile

As I woke I was met by a blinding light. I tried to sit up but a paw was put on my bare chest and another on my shoulder. When that paw hit my shoulder, it felt like someone was running me through with a blowtorch. I swore and wished for the numb feeling to return. The pressure of hands on my body ceased instantly, allowing me to relax again.

I opened my eyes to see who was with me. The first face I saw was Kyle’s. The look of concern in his eyes was genuine. It looked as if he had been crying too. Then there was the doctor to my right and a nurse to his left. The apologetic look on her face gave me the feeling that she was the one who pressed on me not long before.

“What happened to me?” I asked. My voice was dry and raspy from sleep.

“Well,” started the doctor, “we were hoping you could tell us that. Let’s start by why you were out on the practice fields and obstacle course without proper supervision.”

“I needed some air,” I said groggily. I felt like I had been sedated earlier. My head hummed a bit from the potent herb they used here instead of morphine.

“Why?” he asked.

“Because of Silk.” His name rolled out of my mouth like snake venom.

“Do you not like him or something?” the doctor questioned.

I started to get agitated with his line of questions. “Look, are you an MD or a shrink?”

“Actually, I am both.” The doctor chuckled to himself. I didn’t find it funny at all. He sighed as if trying to end a laughing fit and looked back at me. “Anyways, what is the last thing you remember before passing out?”

“I don’t know… running?” I tried to get my thoughts together. The drug was making really difficult. Kyle spoke up.

“I found you wandering near the open pit in your /other clothes/. I called out to you and you turned too quick and lost your balance and fell in. It looked as if you sliced your arm open on the rocks.” Kyle fell silent for a moment, as if trying to hold back the emotions swirling inside him, then continued. “I pulled you up using the ropes from the wall climb and hauled you here on my back.”
I moved my hand over to his and gripped it firmly. “Thank you,” I said. “Thank you from the bottom of my heart. If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t even be alive right now.”

“Don’t mention it, bud,” he said.
“Well,” the doctor’s voice rang out, “it is time to go. 675 is in need of rest.” I released Kyle’s hand and his face went back to being concerned.
“I’m fine,” I assure him. “Once I sleep off the sedatives and the good doctor freshens up my wrappings, I’ll be all good for the Name Ceremony tomorrow.”
“Actually, it’s tonight,” Kyle corrected, “but I wouldn’t let you miss it for the world.”

Werewolves run monthly

#44 2011-08-25 07:54:39

LandonOokami

Announcement!

This story is missing crucial antagonist elements. In certain breaks in the story (any break after Howl part 3), there needs to be some kind of rising conflict that 675 and Kyle are or are not aware of. Here is the great part though, I would like the ideas to come from YOU, my forum-mates! Send me basic ideas and antagonist scenes in my email provided over there <. Please keep ideas organized in a format similar to:

Character: (almost like a profile)
relation to the protagonist: (there doesn't have to be one at the moment)
background/:

If you want to write out a whole section and send it to me, that's fine too! I'll work with anyone to get this story in shape and will give SUPER credit where it's due. smile

Werewolves run monthly

#45 2011-08-25 09:47:39

ShadowWolf2010
Website

Cherish your high school days. I know you feel as if you won't miss them sometimes, but five or six years from now, you will miss them pretty bad as your realize the friends you had then arent neccessarily the friends you'll keep as new people come into your life, old relationships pass away, and you meet new challenges, you'll be wishing for the carefree days of high school in the quiet moments of reprose when you are sitting there, alone, in the sunbeams as dust motes float around, remembering and wondering, as you approach thirty, where in the hell did time go so fast and why does life have to feel so good yet hurt so much.

Sorry. I had to use a bit of imagery. big_smile

So far, your story is moving along smashingly. Remember, it isn't about the size of the post but the quality. So far, you're rocking! Keep it up!

Last edited by ShadowWolf2010 (2011-08-25 09:50:12)

--Tony
"Woof."

#46 2011-08-25 12:51:43

LandonOokami

That's all well and good but I'm in college now. High School was and will always be the best days. Those friends, the real one's, will always be there.

Werewolves run monthly

#47 2011-08-25 21:34:57

ShadowWolf2010
Website

LandonOokami wrote:

That's all well and good but I'm in college now. High School was and will always be the best days. Those friends, the real one's, will always be there.

I musta not had any real friends then cause all em upped and vanished. LOL.

Tis okay though. I have some good ones now (mostly my research team), my fellow chat moderators and my guys Mike and Brian without whom I would be lost....technically I have to count Lucy too because if I dont i WILL be bitten.

Ouch. smile

--Tony
"Woof."

#48 2011-08-27 17:44:47

bloodlust
werewolf guardian
Website

Very nice. you are very talented

"Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend."
http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=152377

#49 2011-08-29 00:57:33

LandonOokami

bloodlust wrote:

Very nice. you are very talented

Thank you for your kind words. smile

Werewolves run monthly

#50 2011-09-03 08:30:15

Oldwolf81

Who is Lucy? She bites?
Spare me.

the texas octogenerian
wolf favorite animal

Board footer