Transfusion

For my english class we had to write short stories

-Howl at the moon and wait for the transformation
-Vampires DON'T sparkle

#2 2010-03-19 22:20:28

werewolfKAI-chan
Website

Re: Transfusion

Alexandria "Alex" Wright, age 14, and the youngest of three children. She has a 27 year old sister who works in the field of medical science and a 17 year old brother who wants to be a musician. You could tell their parents have high hopes for them. Alex on the other hand, is different you could say she’s the black sheep of the family. Not because she wanted to be an artist, but because of the accident that happened during winter break. She turned into a monster, a monster that could come out at anytime and kill the ones she loves.

Denver, Colorado: One Month Ago

"Yeah! This is great!" said Alex, with the wind blowing through her black hair and the cold air hitting her caramel skin. She loved the feeling when she went snowboarding with her brother Jet and sister Layla. She felt free and didn’t have to worry about her parents judging her.
“See, you guys should come and visit more. Its not like New York where everything is cluttered and noisy.” replied her older sister Layla.
“Sis, its not like we could just move out here with you. We both got to finish high school.” joked Jet.
“Yeah, its not like we all went to the University of Denver.” Also joked Alex.
"Alex, be careful! I told mom and dad I would bring you back in one piece." said her older brother. “Your going to fast!”
She just looked at him playfully and said "Whatever, what's the worst that could happen?" Seeing an opening to prove him wrong she started to shift closer to the left to a inclined hill. "Hey, watch me jump this hill."
That's when it all happened. "Alex no!!!" yelled out both siblings. It was too late, Alex had already taken the jump. "Shi-!" she yelled in midair. 

She didn’t estimate how large the jump was and as she was falling within inches of snowy ground she feared for her life.
"AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!" she yelled in pain, finally reaching the ground. She had shattered her right leg and couldn't move. "Jettttttttt!!!"
“Alex! Where are you!?" he asked.
"Je...” she was cut off by the sudden arrival of hungry wolves. 'Oh shite! 'I'm going to die'. She thought.

As the wolves bearded their teeth Alex tried to crawl away, but with a shattered leg she couldn’t get far. The wolves started coming at her, clawing at her legs and torso she didn’t have at chance at survival. “AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!” she yelled as the wolves continued to pick away at her jacket and into her flesh.

Just higher up the mountain Jet and Layla could hear the screams of their younger sister. “We could only assume the worst, I’ll call 911 and you continue looking for her.” said Layla with a bit of weakness in her voice as she unbuckled her feet from her snowboard. “Right.” Jet replied with a bit of anger. Before leaving Layla grabbed Jet’s arm and said “Be carful.”   

“AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!” yelled Alex from afar. Jet started racing down the mountain as he heard the screams get louder and louder. By the time he got to where Alex was the wolves were still clawing at her. Jet had to thing fast or the wolves would kill his sister. He quickly unbuckled his feet from his snowboard and ran over to the wolves. “C’mon ya bastards!”  he started to wack to wolves off his sister but they keep on coming back. At one point they started to attack him. One of the wolves bit into his left arm causing him to drop the snowboard. Jet letting his guard, would have ended up like Alex if the sudden flash of a bullet hadn’t went through the back of one of the wolves’ head.
“What the hell?” questioned Jet as he was confused on what happened.

“BANG! BANG! BANG!” rang out another round of gun shots. It was fired from above by a man in a park ranger uniform standing next to a frightened Layla. It stopped three more wolves dead in their tracks. Stunned in his tracks Jet just stood there with blood dripping from his arm. They only thing that broke his trance was the screams from Layla as she saw Alex’s mangled body laying in the blood stained snow. “Alex! NO!” they both yelled. “Please don’t die on us.”  Layla started to cry.
“We need medical assistance NOW!” commanded the park ranger into his cell phone.

Both Jet and Layla stayed by Alex’s side the whole time even with a bloody arm, that couldn’t compare to the injuries that Alex had. When the paramedics arrived both went with Alex to the hospital. Inside the ambulance both Jet and Layla were sobbing for their sister who is now fighting for her life. When they got there Alex was immediate taken into the emergency room while Jet had his arm x-rayed.

Five hours have passed and Layla is waiting patiently for the results of her siblings. Soon a man in a white lab coat walked over to Layla and said “First of all I’m sorry about what happened, but we need you Layla.”
She glared at him, took a deep breath and said “Doctor Armstrong I can’t. My brother is in surgery and my sister is fighting for her life. You want me to start work now?”
“No, no, you won’t be working in the lab today but on your sister. After examining her extensively we come to the conclusion that she needed a blood transfusion. Those wolves really did a number on her chest and lower body so she lost a lot of blood.” Dr. Armstrong said.
“So give her some of mine, I just donated some last week. Or Jet’s blood.” replied Layla franticly.
He gave her a long hard stare and finally answered “Layla… that’s why we need your help.”
“What do you mean?”
“Well we can’t use you or your brother’s blood, in fact we can’t use human blood at all. Her body is rejecting all of it.”
“What!? How is that possible?” yelled Layla very confused. “So what your trying to tell me that she going to die?”
“Layla come into the lab.” directed Dr. Armstrong. “Remember how weeks ago you were working on that enhanced blood serum?
“The one with the wolf’s blood?” she asked.
“Yes, where is it?” he asked.

She pointed to the table behind Dr. Armstrong. “Good, this seems like enough.”
She looked confused and asked “Wait, your not suggesting we experiment on my sister?”
“Sadly yes, we have no choice.” said Dr. Armstrong sternly.
"I don't know if we should go through with this" Layla said very concerned
"It hasn’t been tested yet and we don't know the effects of what will happen." said Layla.
"It’s your sister, your call."
"What ever happens down the road I'll help Alex deal with it.  I don't want to lose her." said Layla crying softly.
"Okay we'll start immediately." replied Dr. Armstrong

-Howl at the moon and wait for the transformation
-Vampires DON'T sparkle

#3 2010-03-20 08:12:04

Lycanis

i like this one its interesting i think you should continue it .

#4 2010-03-20 08:31:18

lonewolf13

more, more, more, mmmmmmmmoooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee, please??
smile

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. ...In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth...."
    Alphonse Elric --- Fullmetal Alchemist

#5 2011-04-18 13:53:02

Oldwolf81

lonewolf13 said it

the texas octogenerian
wolf favorite animal

Board footer