The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-07 21:33:41

White Wolf
Dreamer of the East [Moderator]
Website

CSI

Well, I just caught this live by accident. I suggest everyone watch this week's CSI...

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#2 2011-04-07 21:44:38

Randomwolf42
Random Wolf [Moderator]
Website

Re: CSI

Yeah... I think we should do something about this, if we can. This does nothing to help our public image.

#3 2011-04-08 08:59:42

lupinealchemist

Is this the one with the guy with the hair disorder who was killed with a silver bullet or is it a new episode?

#4 2011-04-08 09:44:28

White Wolf
Website

New episode.

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#5 2011-04-08 10:36:07

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

Stuck in Germany; no idea what's going on.
Someone please fill me in?

<3

#6 2011-04-08 13:27:41

White Wolf
Website

I don't typically watch CSI, in fact, it's been years since I actually sat down and watched an episode, but last night after I got done with an event on campus and came home, I found that my mom was watching it so I decided to spend some time with her and watch it together. My suspicions were first aroused when over the course of their investigation into this lady that was killed, they found tapes of her acting like a cat around a psychiatrist. As the episode progressed, they eventually were lead to this house where this guy kept all these "therians" whom he considered to be "pets" (and it was implied there was some sort of sexual thing going on). Believe it or not, but they actually had some back and forth about actual "therianthropy", which of course, was what it was. If you didn't get an opportunity to see it, you probably should. Let me just say that for me, it was a little more than awkward having to sit there and laugh nervously at this stuff with my folks, praying full well they never stumble upon me using the word ever again...

#7 2011-04-08 17:17:54

WolfVanZandt
Website

Heh. I've been expecting CSI to latch on to therianthopy. They like fringe cultures. The thing about it- whether fur piles are really representative of the Furry community, they do happen. The behavior you described has absolutely nothing, best I can tell, to do with the Therian community, meaning that I've never heard of such in the Therian community.

Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do about it. They don't really care whether they upset a small community or not - they're just looking for sensationalistic ideas to increase their ratings.

#8 2011-04-08 17:38:50

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

I'd have to agree with WolfVanZandt. It seems like they were described as that sub-culture of the furry fandom where 'residents' 'owned' one another. For sexual reasons or not. Mostly sexual reasons, though.

<3

#9 2011-04-09 12:31:58

Randomwolf42
Random Wolf [Moderator]
Website

White Wolf wrote:

Believe it or not, but they actually had some back and forth about actual "therianthropy", which of course, was what it was. If you didn't get an opportunity to see it, you probably should. Let me just say that for me, it was a little more than awkward having to sit there and laugh nervously at this stuff with my folks, praying full well they never stumble upon me using the word ever again...

I really don't think you have all that much to worry about, really. If they already know it for what it really is, they won't take CSI's... 'explanation' too seriously. CSI does this with all kinds of subcultures, anything that's 'fringe' they'll go for. Their portrayal of the furry fandom, and their early portrayal of the LGBT community were the same way. Additionally, it may actually turn out to be not such a bad thing, as curious people will look it up, and find out what it really is. Google is your friend, and people know this.

#10 2011-04-11 17:59:39

WolfVanZandt
Website

I agree with Scifiguy. As time passes, I'm getting more and more positive responses from Mainstreamers to therianthropy.

#11 2011-04-11 23:08:43

lupinealchemist

I saw a preview of the episode, I thought it was funny.

Last edited by lupinealchemist (2011-04-11 23:08:56)

#12 2011-04-15 04:18:56

ShadowTrail

huh, i just do a google search for *csi theriantrophy* and im not pleased with 2 result that came. At all >> not to mention that i do this at work big_smile

So what episode number it is and what series please.

Still its a very bad info, CSI make a lot of harm to furry community, so it looks that now is therians turn (strangely a *real vampire* episode was not thet bad)

#13 2011-04-16 18:44:57

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

ShadowTrail wrote:

huh, i just do a google search for *csi theriantrophy* and im not pleased with 2 result that came. At all >> not to mention that i do this at work big_smile

I just did the same search and found pretty much nothing.

I'm not concerned: CSI is fiction, and I think just about everyone knows that by now, so I don't worry about what they say.  It's pretty easy to simply laugh at the fool who believes in anything that happens on TV...

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#14 2011-04-18 19:18:00

lupinealchemist

The episode is called "Unleashed."

Board footer