The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2011-03-08 18:43:40

CassieRose
Website

Re: Nature vs. Urban/Suburban

I dunno, when I shift I usually don't pay attention to others >.< There are plenty of hiding spots for me so I shouldn't be that concerned, I guess I do tend to worry and over think things >.<

#27 2011-03-09 01:46:58

Moonlit Hunter

Are people really ignoring therian behavior, or are they just too oblivious to what anyone outside their immediate sphere is doing to notice in the first place? I would say that probably the majority of people I interact with on a daily basis don't know me well simply because they don't care enough to pay attention to what other people do or say unless it directly relates to them and what they want to get done.

#28 2011-03-09 13:00:50

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

Urban/Suburban for the win.

Why?

Lots of people say they can do without civilization, that they can live in nature as intended.
That's not true. The only thing keeping these people alive are false ideals and society itself. If you don't believe me, try living on your own, and I'll tell your corpse, "I told you, so!"

Of course, a stroll through a park or a hike through the woods isn't bad for you. Just don't try to befriend hungry bears.

<3

#29 2011-03-09 13:11:42

lupinealchemist

I live in a small town that is surrounded by creeks and woods inhabited by deer, foxes, and coyotes, so I have plenty of nature around me. I do like to go to the city 30 miles from me to buy stuff and indulge in some Asian food and sushi once in a while.

#30 2011-03-09 17:26:10

WolfVanZandt
Website

Are people really ignoring therian behavior, or are they just too oblivious to what anyone outside their immediate sphere is doing to notice in the first place?

I would say both.

#31 2011-03-11 01:04:43

Moonlit Hunter

lupinealchemist wrote:

I live in a small town that is surrounded by creeks and woods inhabited by deer, foxes, and coyotes, so I have plenty of nature around me. I do like to go to the city 30 miles from me to buy stuff and indulge in some Asian food and sushi once in a while.

Small towns FTW. A small town surrounded by nature with a large city less than an hour's drive away would my ideal living situation.

Where I am living right now isn't too bad, though. It is a decent (but not large) sized city that in some ways has a small town mindset. And there is nature less than an hour's drive away, plus a variety of "Greenways" throughout the city.

I feel that the landscape of my current location is incredibly bland and can't compare to the lush greenery of the east coast where I used to live or the dramatic mountains of Montana, where my parents grew up. But it is good enough for now.

And WVZ, you're likely right about that. I guess there are a lot of people who ignore anything unusual IF they happen to notice it in the first place.

Last edited by Moonlit Hunter (2011-03-11 01:05:36)

#32 2011-04-07 05:49:18

chas

I do believe that as a therian, there is more of an understanding and a connection with nature, then those of us who are not.  City or country living, regardless, you're a part of nature in ways most of us can only begin to imagine.  I believe the instinctual nature of the beast, as it were, is quite strong, and an awesome gift, so as therians, you have an understanding from a very unique perspective.  That is to be respected, big time.

#33 2011-05-09 13:27:20

walkingintheshadows
Website

My house backs on to the common, this awesome piece of army land and woods which is great for free running and mental shifts. Unfortuanately someone was killed there 10yrs ago, so my mum (yes i'm a teenager) will not let me go out with the dog by myself. Even though i do karate. So i get pretty annoyed and cooped up a lot. Argghhhh. I love nature but the surburbs are good too... house cats are fun too scare.

quick question (no point starting a thread for this) do you get on well with young children? They are so non judgemental and so in tune with their instincts it's incredible. Like they are all mini-therians. Not that i've ever met another therian. ever. sad

#34 2011-05-24 21:59:37

Das Serigala

Nature!
Funny story about that, last time I was in Washington state, I had a m-shift in my uncle's backwoods and I scared his hunting dog. wink It was awesome.

"As a musician, I tell you that if we were to suppress adultery, fanaticism, crime, evil, the supernatural, there would no longer be the means of writing one note" - George Bizet

Board footer