The Werewolf Caf The Werewolf Caf

You are not logged in.

#426 2011-01-27 11:32:27

mrRW

Re: SilentStrider's untitled story

No worries.  I can indeed see that our hero has been busy.  Might be cool to have a short bit where he mulls over those events at the Cormicks or discusses them w/Tara. 

The parts you mentioned where he cant revert back to human and has to be hunted down by the girls sound like they have great potential so cant wait to see how they develop.

Last edited by mrRW (2011-03-02 17:39:26)

#427 2011-01-28 00:13:17

hayden09

Wow I cant wait for more:) You make the story so easy to read and the storyline drew me in! Cant wait to read more!

#428 2011-01-28 16:13:48

clairsior818

I hope to read more soon big_smile

"Life is weird, I am just trying to fit in." - Joshua Harper

#429 2011-03-02 11:25:15

SilentStrider

HI all!  Just letting you all know I'm still around.  I just haven't been able to make any updates to my story as of late since I've been dealing with unemployment, expecting a newborn, and trying to keep the house I'm living in.  Yea, so I have a lot on my plate.  I will be getting back to writing soon though.  I need it for my own peace of mind and I miss it so.

I'll keep in touch.

#430 2011-03-06 11:46:37

mrRW

Hey SS,

Hope things start to go your way soon and obviously can't wait for more of your incredible tale!

#431 2011-03-07 04:07:08

SilentStrider

Thanks for your support.  I also like the new picture you have below your name.

#432 2011-03-07 17:18:14

ShadowWolf2010
Website

SilentStrider wrote:

HI all!  Just letting you all know I'm still around.  I just haven't been able to make any updates to my story as of late since I've been dealing with unemployment, expecting a newborn, and trying to keep the house I'm living in.  Yea, so I have a lot on my plate.  I will be getting back to writing soon though.  I need it for my own peace of mind and I miss it so.

I'll keep in touch.

Good to know you're still with us! Keep it up!

--Tony
"Woof."

#433 2011-03-07 22:45:31

mrRW

SilentStrider wrote:

I also like the new picture you have below your name.

Oh thanks for noticing!  I put some time into it so its nice to see it noticed.

#434 2011-04-08 20:22:04

SilentStrider

Hi all!  Just stopping by to give you all a quick update (for those that care).  Life is still treating me pretty rough.  I'm still jobless and unemployment pays crap.  The search continues for a well paying enough job and any and all gov't. assistant programs I can take advantage of.  Needless to say I haven't had  heck of a lot of time to keep writing, but every now and then I still get a minute or two.  The next chapter is coming along but I need to outline it all so it doesn't get stretched out too long, and I have to revise the beginning part of it as well.  But, hey, I'm still alive and writing smile

By the way, Congratz to you Shadow!  I see that your catching up to me in views smile

#435 2011-04-08 21:27:41

ShadowWolf2010
Website

SilentStrider wrote:

Hi all!  Just stopping by to give you all a quick update (for those that care).  Life is still treating me pretty rough.  I'm still jobless and unemployment pays crap.  The search continues for a well paying enough job and any and all gov't. assistant programs I can take advantage of.  Needless to say I haven't had  heck of a lot of time to keep writing, but every now and then I still get a minute or two.  The next chapter is coming along but I need to outline it all so it doesn't get stretched out too long, and I have to revise the beginning part of it as well.  But, hey, I'm still alive and writing smile

By the way, Congratz to you Shadow!  I see that your catching up to me in views smile

Oh well thanks, Silent! I hope your job hunt gets better soon. Its hell out there. Something good is coming your way!

--Tony
"Woof."

#436 2011-04-11 10:36:58

mrRW

SilentStrider wrote:

Always good to hear from you SS.  Things will turn around for you so keep the faith!

Last edited by mrRW (2011-04-11 10:37:22)

#437 2011-04-15 12:52:01

Oldwolf81

I have thoroughly enjoyed your story so far.....wish for more!

the texas octogenerian
wolf favorite animal

#438 2011-06-08 06:58:33

Oldwolf81

I keep looking for more

the texas octogenerian
wolf favorite animal

#439 2011-06-08 22:54:32

SilentStrider

I know.  I know.  I'm truly honored you keep checking back.  Let me reassure you all I haven't forgotten about this story.  Life is making it hard for me to devote any adequate time to writing, but for what it is worth I'm able to still get a moment here and there.  Chapter 17 is getting worked on.  I promise I'll post soon with a continuation of the story I love so dearly.

#440 2011-06-09 15:50:02

thegreywolf
Website

Reading through your story again for maby... the 6th time.

We are the dead ones, we are the lost cause,
we are the bend before the break, our steps seal our fate
because this city, this city is haunted by ghostsfrom broken homes
because this city, this city is haunted and there's no hope left for these souls~ alexisonfire

#441 2011-06-09 15:56:46

winterwhitewolf

i really like it pleas keep writing

Our kind is the one that wached you humans from the shadows, we houl at the full moon to remind you that we are hear to keep you company.

#442 2011-06-09 20:31:38

SilentStrider

You guys bring me the greatest smiles.  I promise you all I'll be devoting more time to giving you another post very soon.  I'll post again in a couple of days with a more accurate update.

#443 2011-06-15 08:24:55

Oldwolf81

A 2 year absence?

the texas octogenerian
wolf favorite animal

#444 2011-06-16 20:12:13

SilentStrider

Okay chapter 17 is underway.  I'll be posting the first part soon.

#445 2011-07-09 04:14:50

SilentStrider

Quick update... I'm having some trouble with the scenes I have outlined for chapter 17.  Heh, my characters don't seem to be following the script so I'm just trying to go with the flow and see where it takes me.  I'll have the first post for 17 up very very soon.  I'm almost at a scene break.

#446 2011-07-09 16:59:39

SilentStrider

It's been a long time in coming, and after spending a great deal of time skimming through my story to help remind me of the current flow I'm finally ready to post the first segment of chapter 17.  There are a couple of sentences I'm not exactly sure of how I like their structure due to repetitiveness else where in the story, but I'd rather not get too absorbed with that right now or else I waste too much of my time wrestling with such minute details.  Ha ha!  As long as I don't think about it too much I'm content to press on and get more writing accomplished.  Thanks again, all of you, for being patient and continuing to encourage me with your devoted interest.  Now, without further ado...

Read.  Comment.  Enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 17

"Tara is pissed at you," Chris warned Sean as she came up to him setting down a grey bin full of dirty dishes on the stainless steal counter.

Sean was in the middle of hosing down the previous batch of plates and glasses that he set up in a rack before sliding them down the counter into the dishwasher.  It was well into the Tuesday evening shift and the back room had already had plenty of time to build up humidity from the steam of the constant washing.  The smell of all the deep fried food, partially eaten bread, and different flavors of melted ice cream hung heavy in the air like a typical night.

"Pissed at me?" he responded with doubt. "I think you're confusing her anger with concern."

"Well, first she was worried when she didn't hear from you all day Monday, and then when you finally did call her this afternoon you hung up on her without hardly an explanation.  When I tried asking her what happened she told me off saying she was too irritated to talk about it, and warned me to not even think about reading her mind.  I have to give you credit; not many people can get under her skin like that."

"Yea, and I told her I didn't have time to talk right then and there, or else I would've been late to work.  It's not like it couldn't wait ‘til after my shift.  As it is I'm already skating on thin ice for missing yesterday, and I think I'm lucky enough to still have a job."

"Lucky?" Chris smiled at him and laughed. "The only reason Ed hasn't fired you is because no one else wants to be a dishwasher and if you weren't here he'd have to be the one doing your job."

"Seriously?  I'm sure he could hire somebody else if he wanted."

"Oh sure he could, but then it would be back to hiring a new person every month.  Most people don't like this job.  Besides, the ice you're on isn’t as thin as you think.  You're here early and keep up with the work so we don't have to stay late.  Those two things will have the boss overlooking any other problems you’ve got."

"I don't know.  He gave me a pretty stern lecture that if I wanted to keep my job I better not skip out again."

"About that... what happened exactly?"

Sean's shoulders slumped and he wished he could escape from talking about it, but he knew the inevitable was bound to happen sooner than later.  It was probably better to talk it out with Chris rather than face Tara at the moment, especially if she was in her "not taking crap from anybody" mood.

"I was my other self from Sunday night to late Tuesday morning.  I didn't realize what day it was until I got back and found several messages from you guys on my voicemail."

"From the impression I've got that's not normal for you, is it?"

"No, it's not."

Just then, Cheryl, one of the other waitresses stuck her had around the corner.  She had brown hair held back in a bun on top and was one of the few older ladies that had been working there for several years.

"Chris, table nine is asking for refills," she informed her and then ducked back out as quickly as she had appeared.

"I didn't think it was that busy out there," Sean mentioned as Chris was getting up from leaning on the counter.

"It's not," she confirmed, "but there are three of us working the floor and only Carry at the ice cream station.  She's still learning her job so she's needed our help off and on all night, but don't worry I'm taking my break soon and then we can talk."

Chris left the back room, quick stepping her way over to the soda fountain, sparing him a few more minutes from facing a conversation he was reluctant to engage in.  He just wasn't ready yet to face all the darker memories that had recently surfaced.

He methodically went along cleaning everything so he could afford to let some of the dirty dishes pile up while he shared his break with Chris.  It was one of the downsides of this job; just because you were on break didn't mean the customers were on one too, and the grey bins filled with what they didn't eat along with what needed to be cleaned.  Because of that he didn't often take his breaks.  It was rather difficult to try and relax while you watched your work load get backed up.

The waitresses were supposed to bring the bins to him, but sometimes they stuck them back under the front counter where they were normally stored.  It only irritated Sean when he thought they were being lazy, but most often they did it when they were really busy and everyone was rushing about trying to stay on top of things.  When he had time to spare he'd grab a bin and help clear off some of the tables he was sure no one was coming back to.

It didn't take long for Chris to return, telling him to take off his apron and join her at the back table.  She brought a plate with four cheese quesadila stacked on top of one another and as Sean washed his hands she wasted no time scooping up salsa sauce and taking a huge bite from one of the wedges.  Sean did likewise after sitting down and between the two of them they were into the second quesadila before another word was spoken.

"So... are you going to talk?" Chris asked with a mouth full of food.

Sean swallowed before saying anything. "Are you asking on Tara's behalf, or your own?"

"Hey now, she didn't put me up to this!  Believe it or not she isn't the only one worried about you.  I don't know a heck of a lot on how things are supposed to work for you, but she seems to think you being gone for so long is a bad sign so I'm taking my cue from her."

"It wouldn't be the first time I’ve been my other self for more than a night."

"Yea?   How are you doing up here?" Chris reached up to tap his forehead, but before she could touch him he flinched away.  His sudden movement startled her and she withdrew her hand abruptly.

"Whoa!  Relax!  I wasn't going to try reading your mind."

Sean picked up another piece of the quesadila taking a bite and keeping his eyes down on the plate refusing to look up at her, trying to ignore how he had just reacted.

After they endured a few seconds of awkward silence she asked again, "How are you coping?"

"I'd rather talk about something else." He was tight-lipped when he spoke and it was easy to see how the topic disturbed him.

"That's cool," Chris shrugged dismissing the entire subject like it wasn't important. "So whatcha wanna talk about?"

He remained silent, continuing to take another bite of food.

"Sean, look at me," she told him as calmly as she could. "We've all got our own personal demons, but you don't have to face them by yourself all the time."

He did as as she said and lifted his eyes up to meet hers.  The way she spoke didn’t quite feel like the way she normally would, making him scrutinize her.

"God, that sounded retarded," she said, disrupting his glare.  Then to clarify, she added, "That was something Dawn wanted me to say to you if you can't guess."

"Why do I get the sense your as uncomfortable talking about this as I am?"

"Probably cause it's true."

They didn't add any more to the conversation until the plate of food was cleared, which seemed to suit both of them equally.

"I don't know if it matters much to you,” Chris tried picking up where they had left off, “but I didn't get to see all those memories of yours cause... you know, that mindtrap thingy you had tucked away in your head got me.  Not that I want to finish that little slideshow, but I think Tara did so it’s probably better for you to talk to her instead of me."

"Why do I have to talk about it at all?  My uncle was the one to block those memories off and likely he had a good reason." As he spoke his words became sharper, nearly to the point of snapping. "Likely it was because he knew I wasn't ready to handle them, and now, thanks to Tara, I've got no choice but to try and deal with it."

"You sound pretty mad."

Sean did her the favor of averting his glare at the empty plate, but she still felt uncomfortable with his outburst and had trouble looking at him directly.

"I'm uhh... I'm as much to blame as Tara is.... so..."

"I know you are, but I figure you already suffered enough for it."

"Oh, so you'd feel better if we were punished in some way for trying to help you?"

"Jeesh!  It wasn't a total selfless act on your part.  You wanted to test yourself to see what you could do and I was your test subject!"

"As I recall no one forced you to go through with it!  Hell, Tara even tried talking you out of it, but you were the one who said you had to!  You know I could take the pissed off attitude with you too.  Because I listened and trusted you both I've got marks like this all over my body."

She pointed to her neck where the top trail of one of her fingernail scratches could be seen.  Just to make sure he was able to get a good look at the area she pulled the neck of her shirt down past the collar bone showing the entirety of the four parallel scratches and the markings of several others.  Sean couldn’t ignore the sight and the blatant reminder of what had happened to her a few nights ago.  His anger fled from him, being replaced by guilt, and he winced imagining the many other self inflicted wounds that littered her body; wounds that wouldn’t be there if he hadn’t pushed.

“I’m sorry,” he muttered as he swiped the plate off the table and headed back to the dishwasher.

Chris leaned back in her chair, slouching.  This wasn’t at all how she intended their conversation to go.  She was supposed to be trying to help him, not start a fight.

“Sean…” she said drawing his name out, “don’t walk away.”

He rinsed off the plate and placed it in a new rack keeping his back to her while he replied, “Our break is over.”

She pushed her chair away from the table causing it to noisily scrape against the tile floor and got up to close the distance between them.  She stepped up to the sink counter where he was preoccupied cleaning out the drain.

“Look, I’m… I didn’t mean to argue with you.  I just… maybe we can talk after work.”

“Yea.  Maybe,” he replied without looking up.

“Dawn can say some weird things sometimes,” she added as an afterthought, “but she gets it.”

He continued scooping waterlogged food debris out of the sink without glancing at her.  Chris couldn’t help making a face at the grossness of what had once been edible.

Cheryl came around the corner carrying a full bin and placed it on the counter behind Sean. “I just sat a family of four in your section.  You ready for them?” she directed her question at Chris.

“Yea, I’m coming,” she replied, but waited until Cheryl had left before following.

“So… we’ll talk later?” Chris looked hopefully at Sean.

“Sure.”

She nodded her head and ducked out of the room.

He didn’t waste any time getting back into the flow of things focusing on cleaning and restocking the kitchen with dishes and silverware.  He moved about with a no nonsense attitude, acting as though he was absorbed with doing his job, but inwardly he was lost in thought.  Flashes of repressed memories played across the screen of his mind and burying his emotions was the only way he could cope.  If anyone spoke to him he responded back with as few words as possible. 

Chris hardly missed an opportunity to enter the backroom bringing him more things to clean, as if she was checking up on him.  Once in a while she would say something, but unless it required a response it barely registered.  He felt guilty for what had happened to her, but he couldn’t dwell on it.  Otherwise the nightmares of his past would consume him, making him incapable of finishing up the night.

Some how he got through his shift keeping himself feeling numb, and remaining very neutral toward everyone.  Without even thinking about what he was doing he hung his apron up threw his jacket on and headed out the front door telling Ed goodnight.  Chris was just outside, waiting for Tara to come pick her up and he walked right past her fully intent on getting home.

“Hey!” she shouted after him. “I thought you agreed we were gonna talk after work.”

Sean stopped and half turned to face her. She was sitting on the curb with her knees tucked up to her chest and her hooded sweat jacket pulled over her legs stretching all the way down to her ankles.  It was hardly adequate protection against the cold night and the mist forming in front of her face with each breath was proof enough.

“Are you waiting for a ride?” he questioned.

“Yea.  She called a minute ago saying she was on her way.  Wait with me and I’m sure she’ll give you a lift too.”

“Naa.  I don’t think I’m ready to handle her yet.” He remained where he stood for a second as though he was still considering walking home, but then turned around, taking a seat on the curb next to her. “But I also don’t like the thought of leaving you here by yourself in a dark parking lot.”

“Me?  Pfft.  I’m not some defenseless city girl in need of protection.  I can handle myself.”

“Yea?” Sean stared at her deliberately pausing. “I think that metal pipe to your head affected your memory.”

“Oh hoho.  That’s a low blow.” She almost cracked a smile at him, but he looked away toward the parking lot entrance.  She stared, considering his disposition then joined him in keeping an eye out for the white Lincoln to come pulling up.  They sat there quietly, waiting, listening to the night sounds of the city.

After what felt like a long while Sean unexpectedly broke the silence.

“What do you think of me now?”

“Uhh… I’m not sure… you want me to answer that.”

“Yes I do, because I expect you’d tell me without sparing my feelings.”

“Okay, if you want it straight up then I think you’re even more disturbed then I originally thought.  You’ve gone through some pretty messed up stuff and I think you’re on the brink of losing it, and because I know what you really are that freaking scares me.”

Sean ducked his head shaking it with a huff derived from amusement “Then why do you insist on having me around?”

“That’s a good question.” She paused reflecting on the simple question before answering. “I guess… because underneath it all I know you’re still a good guy.  You just had the crap luck of being handed a bad deal and forced to make the best of it.  I feel bad for you and I’m on board with Tara.  I want to help if I can.”

“Do you think I’m dangerous?”

“Mmmm… not intentionally.  No.”

“But you don’t know what to expect from me when I lose it.”

“When you lose it?  You giving up so soon?  We just started.”

“You just started, but I’ve been in this for years.  In fact my entire life, well… at least as far back as I can remember anyway.  I know how you feel about me.  I don’t have to be an empath to know how you look at me when you think I’m not watching.  You’re thinking it’s only a matter of time.”

“You’re right.  I’m not gonna deny what you said, but it’s not over yet, and the way Tara tells it, as long as you have a shred of your identity you can beat this.  Not to mention you’ve got a kickass telepath helping you out,” she bragged, winking at him with a grin.

“You’re still willing after what happened?”

“Merely a flesh wound.  I can still bite your kneecaps off.”

Sean couldn’t resist looking at her, expressing his confusion at the bizarre words.

“Aw come on!” she acted with surprise, “Don’t tell me you’ve never seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail!”

“What’s that?  A movie?”

“Ha!  I think we’ve just discovered the heart of your problems.  You’re one of those deprived kids that grew up living a sheltered life, aren’t you?”

Before Sean could grace her question with an answer his attention was interrupted by Tara’s vehicle pulling into the parking lot.  They both got to their feet as the Lincoln stopped alongside of them and the driver’s side window rolled down.  Chris didn’t bother wasting anytime hopping into the back seat so she could warm up.

“Hey, stranger!  Need a lift?” came Tara’s voice from behind the steering wheel.

She was bundled up in her long coat, soft leather gloves and the blue knitted hat she seemed to be particularly fond of despite its unfashionable appearance.  The sight of her small figure sitting behind the steering wheel, which she was barely able to see over the top of, was comical and he couldn’t keep himself from greeting her with what was surely a friendly grin.  On her other side in the driver’s passenger seat Dawn sat looking warm in her puffy white nylon jacket and flashing him a smile while wiggling her fingers instead of waving.

“Tara,” Sean said to her. “Good to see that you’re not still angry with me.”

“Angry with you?  Why would I…,” she began, but stopped as she understood what he meant and twisted in her seat to look at Chris. “I wasn’t angry at him.”

Chris chuckled. “Oh yes you were.”

“Whatever,” she replied.  Turning back to face Sean she continued. “Come on.  Get in.”

“No thanks.  Besides I can’t really hangout tonight.  I have two major finals to study for tomorrow and I’m staying up all night to do some last minute cramming.”

“Fine, I can still give you a ride to your place.”

“Forget it,” Chris interrupted. “He doesn’t want to talk about anything yet.”

“Chris!” Tara chastised her without looking back a second time. “You’re not helping.”

Sean nonchalantly came to her defense simply by saying, “Yes she is.”

“Fine then,” Tara sounded exasperated. “How about if I promise not to say anything.  Will you at least take me up on the ride?”

Sean considered her offer giving all three of them a cursory look wondering if he’d regret agreeing to spend even a few minutes together.  He looked away from them in the direction of his apartment taking a moment to decide while they all waited for him to answer.

“Okay,” he finally agreed, pausing a second to check Tara’s reaction before walking around to the other side of the car and getting in the back seat.  No one said a word as she put the vehicle into gear, turning it around and leaving the parking lot.

“You know,” Dawn broke the awkward silence looking over her seat, “I didn’t think I’d ever see the two of you willing to sit together.”

"Ha ha!  Veeeery funny," Chris responded without sounding offended.

"Oh no!  I didn't mean it to be funny.  I'm just glad that you are is all."

Sean tried steering the conversation to something less personal. "So do any of you have finals this week?"

Chris groaned. "I don’t want to think about that right now.  I've got my physics test tomorrow before noon."

"I told you I'd help you study for it,” Dawn reminded her.

"Yea, but you haven't taken the course so how can you help me with it?"

"I took a physics class in high school during my senior year.  In fact so did T, and I'm sure if you ask her real nice she'll help too.  Even if you've learned different things the basic principals still apply.  It's just memorizing formulas and using logic."

"Why are you worried about it?” he asked. “Can't you just pick the answers out of someone else's head?

Chris groaned again. "Mrs. Holier-than-thou over there made me promise not to cheat."

"Awww, come on Chris,” Dawn pleaded. “You're making it out to sound worse than it actually is.  Besides won't you feel better knowing that you passed all on your own without cheating?"

The two of them continued talking about her final exam, and the agreement they had come up with while Sean only half listened.  The fact that Tara did as promised by not talking at all was making her standout, which in turn was getting on his nerves.  She was not the kind of person to sit idly by, blending into the background while everyone around engaged in conversation.  Even though she kept her eyes on the road, pretending like she didn't care, Sean was acutely aware of her presence.  He could easily imagine her calculative mind outlining everything she wanted to discuss and the very thought of it was agitating.

Feeling more irritated at himself he finally spoke to her during a brief pause of the current discussion.

"You don't have to sit there not talking at all," Sean told her, looking at half her face through the rear view mirror.

"Are you sure?" she was quick to respond looking back at him using the same method. "I wouldn't want to...," she started to say, but interrupted herself. "No.  Never mind.  I'm not going to go there."

"What were you going to say?" Sean questioned with his guard up. "You wouldn't want to offend me?"

"Hey!" Dawn snapped suddenly, stealing everyone's attention. "We're not getting into an argument over this." Her face was stern, an expression nobody was used to seeing, and her glare shifted back and forth between Sean and Tara in a reprimanding manner.

"T, you promised you weren't going to force the issue." Dawn's voice changed to sounding more like a plea.

"I know.  I know, and I apologize... to both of you." She made it a point to glance at them and quickly returned her focus to driving.

Sean kept staring at her reflection pondering the meaning behind Dawn's words.

"Sean, we're all more than a little worried about you," Dawn felt necessary to explain, "and we just want to make sure you're alright.  I know I missed out on what they saw, but they explained enough so I'd understand.  If you never want to talk about it than that's okay with us..."

"Some less than others," Chris mumbled under her breath, staring at Tara.

"... but one thing we all agree on is that we don't want you to feel like you're alone.  You've got us and we’re your friends."

No one said anything else after that.  They all watched and waited for a reaction from him.  He stared back at each of them not knowing what to do or say.

Tara found an empty spot a few buildings past Sean's apartment complex and parked the car.  Still no one said a word nor did he move from where he was.  He could feel the pressure from their expectations and knew he couldn't simply walk away.  So he did the only thing he could and told him what was on his mind.

"I don't know what to say."

"You don't need to say anything," Tara quickly replied. "Just don't avoid us."

"And spend time with us," Dawn added.

Sean opened his mouth to say something, but no words came out.  There were a million things running across his mind and he had great difficulty sorting it all.  He tried to say something again and like before failed to produce a sound.

"Thanks guys," Chris spoke up, lowering her voice in imitate him. "I really appreciate that."

"No problem," she continued, but this time in her normal voice. "You should hang with us tomorrow night."

Chris switched back to her impersonation. "I can't because I'm working.  Besides you know how much I love washing dishes."

"Are you sure it's because you love washing dishes, or are you using that as an excuse."

"Are you really working tomorrow too?" Dawn asked, unsure how much of Chris' self dialogue was accurate.

"Yea," Sean nodded his head.

"And Thursday," Chris added. "I know because I checked his schedule, but Friday he’s a free man.  However, I'm claiming dibs on him for at least part of the night."

"Dibs?" Tara questioned raising one of her eyebrows.

"Absolutely!  The poor guy has been living a very sheltered life, and he requires some pop culture education in the way of foreign films.    Oh cra…!” she cut herself off in mid sentence as Dawn shot her a warning look. “I mean… Gosh darn,” she finished blandly while pointedly staring back at her. “I forgot to bring the music CD I made for him.  Can you remind me tomorrow in case I forget again?”

“A music CD?” Sean commented out of curiosity, “What kind of music?”

She grinned at him with a mischievous laugh. “A mix of stuff I think you might like, and none of its classical.”

Sean couldn’t help but to smile at Chris’ antics and he appreciated the diversion she created for his benefit. “That uhh… sounds pretty thoughtful of you.  I look forward to hearing it.  I’d love to stay and chat more, but…,” he opened up his door and proceeded to get out of the car “…I seriously have to hit the books tonight.  Thanks for the ride home and now, if you’ll forgive me, I must bid you fine ladies a good evening.”

The three of them all wished him a good night before he closed the door and he stepped back giving them a farewell wave, but he didn’t turn to leave yet, expecting Tara to say something else.  True to form she rolled down her window.

“So are you good for Friday night?”

Sean nodded his head with a smile still lingering on his face. “Yea, I’m good.”

She nodded, satisfied that he meant it and started to roll up her window, but stopped halfway as he knew she would. “Good luck on your test tomorrow!”

He gave her a two finger salute in acknowledgement, content to let her have the last word, and watched them pull away before heading inside.

Last edited by SilentStrider (2011-07-11 04:57:58)

#447 2011-07-10 04:29:58

mrRW

Great to finally see some new material!  I enjoyed the frankness of the dialogue between Chris and Sean.

#448 2011-07-10 04:32:22

SilentStrider

Glad to see and hear from you mrRW.  Thanks for dropping a line wink

#449 2011-07-10 20:34:34

mrRW

Not a problem. 

I'm beginning to think all this is building up to the 'Great Chase' you alluded to earlier.

#450 2011-07-10 23:46:12

SilentStrider

It certainly is!  It'll be included in the end of this chapter.  Should get to see in two or three more segments.

Board footer