The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-10 23:04:35

John Anchondo

Therians and Intuition.

I was wondering what thoughts other therians have on this. I'm not sure if this is a common trait or just something that people have or don't have. I find my intuition to be quite helpful and was wondering if therians also experience this.

Those who don't understand the past are destined to repeat it.

#2 2011-08-11 17:43:26

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: Therians and Intuition.

Yes, I think that actual Therians (and since you're new, I'll remind the body that I hate the term "Therian" and only use it for the sake of convention - I'm still a Werewolf) are heavy on intuition. I believe that one of the intrinsic characteristics of Therians is that they are chaotic people and, in order to deal with chaos, you have to work on the basis of intuition. Science can't go there - or, at least, it can't go very far there.

#3 2011-08-12 04:35:00

John Anchondo

Ah yes WolfVanZandt I'm not to fond of the term either, but whenever I say Werewolf, people will always think of mainstream. Anyway, that does fInally explain my intuition. Lol I use to think I was psychic, it wasn't until recently I realized I've never had a vision. Thanks for the info. smile

I also forgot to ask. Could you elaborate on chaotic?

Last edited by John Anchondo (2011-08-12 04:37:44)

#4 2011-08-12 05:52:24

walkingintheshadows
Website

Somehow, i prefer therian to werewolf. But thats only because of the whole hollywood werewolf thing. And probably because as a teenager growing up with Hollywood werewolves, werewolf always seems like a hybrid wolf/man cursed person who is forced to shift at the full moon. Damn Hollywood. Anyway, I have no intuition, apart from the slight ability to recognise other therians.

#5 2011-08-12 16:23:31

John Anchondo

Hmmm..... Maybe it's a trait some therians/werewolves get. Similar to how some people have blue, green, brown eyes. It may also be something that some therians/ werewolf are more in tune with.

#6 2011-08-12 18:00:15

WolfVanZandt
Website

Chaos is the characteristic of some phenomena that make them so sensitive to starting conditions that they can't be predicted over a significant period of time (like weather which can't be predicted very well for much longer than a week in advance - and that's a pretty liberal estimate). Intuition allows people to have insight into chaotic processes. I believe that Werewolves are chaotic in that they naturally make order out of chaos; therefore, they feel comfortable with chaos.

Intuition is a form of empathy - it's reading body language except with intuition, the body language isn't of other people but of nature itself. And like all other languages, you have to learn intuition. You learn it by being aware of what's going on around you. Werewolves naturally take on intuition if they're paying attention.

Now, as to why some Werewolves don't have intuition (one answer, that is) is that about 10% of us are somewhere on the autistic spectrum and one characteristic of autism is that autistic people often don't connect to their surroundings.

#7 2011-08-12 18:51:05

John Anchondo

Oh. Thanks for the insight, that definitely clears alot of my questions up. Although I do have one other question WVZ, would you say that intuition could be taken on by people who grew up in a chaotic environment?

#8 2011-08-15 17:49:48

WolfVanZandt
Website

Yes, if a Mainstreamer pays attention to what's going on around them, they can get a handle on chaos - that's why all those old timers up in the hills can predict weather better than the weatherman. the difference with Therians is that one of the common characteristics of therianthropy is hypervigilance. they have to pay attention - all the time. That, of course, doesn't apply to the autistic Therians, necessarily.

Board footer