The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#51 2011-09-03 10:02:37

LandonOokami

Re: "Howl" - Me trying my hand at writing.

Oldwolf81 wrote:

Who is Lucy? She bites?
Spare me.

Umm... Who are you talking about?

Werewolves run monthly
Swiftly moving through the trees
The prey meets their fate

#52 2011-09-03 11:05:14

ShadowWolf2010
Website

Lucy is our beagle-mix. smile

--Tony
"Woof."

#53 2011-09-08 18:48:51

Oldwolf81

Yeah..she'll bite.

the texas octogenerian
wolf favorite animal

#54 2012-03-28 00:39:00

LandonOokami

Talk about the well running dry...
I have been trying to continue this blasted story for weeks now and i have no idea how to and where to go with it. All i have is a very very basic idea. It is like I am at stage zero again and it doesn't feel too good.

Werewolves run monthly

#55 2013-04-25 16:01:40

Greaver
Website

Dang I was hoping for more posts XD

Gotta say I love your style man, Landon is an adorable protagonist with a clear arc, and you have some really funny lines, espcially the one about black mothers.

I hope to see more from you, either on this story specifically or new stories smile

#56 2013-06-28 22:06:34

LandonOokami

Ok. I have been gone for a while and I know once some see this they will be sad but I am still trying to get back into this.
I just got to try to remember where I was going with this and how I want to get there. Please bear with me. ^^

Werewolves run monthly

#57 2013-07-24 16:26:40

LandonOokami

Finally an update! I managed to find my place and get back to writing! I will be updating more and more in the next month or so while I have some down time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a building in the middle of a city, a young woman wiped down the varnish countertops of her place of business. She was hoping that she’d be home by now but it was one of those nights that a large party of people comes in just a few minutes before closing. She usually doesn’t allow anyone in that close to closing but she had a feeling that she would not be able to kick them out easily. The group was led by a full generation werewolf male. He and his friends, who were most likely shifters, were obviously drunk and hungry.
    She loved serving the werewolves that lived in her area. Most were very friendly and worked in high risk, high reward type jobs. They had incredible appetites and would order lots because of it. Big orders meant big profits which also meant not struggling to pay the bills. She saw it as a win-win situation.
The group, she avoided thinking the word ‘pack Eas most saw it as a derogatory term, ordered and was a bit rowdy but otherwise they were no trouble. They skimped on the tip but she made sure her employee was given what she deserved even if its ten dollars out of her own pocket. Her mission was to keep everyone happy no matter what. Maybe if she turned it on for herself once in a while, she wouldn’t be cleaning the floors alone at this ungodly hour. “The happiness of others before the happiness of Marline, Eshe said with a sigh.
The jingle for the local news coming through the television broke through her lament. It signaled that it was 2 A.M. She felt pity for the anchor at that time who just recapped what was said earlier for those who had the graveyard shift.
It was another story on the kidnappings in the area. The seven-year-old son of two shifter parents was taken from his after-school facility a week ago and there were still no new leads. The recording of the parents pleading for them to release their son to them played and Marline had to turn the station. She couldn’t bear to imagine if someone had taken her brother like they are taking kids these days.
She knew he ran from their father’s wrath all those years ago. She had not experienced it because unlike her brother, she did not get a lycan form from her mother. The only trait she received was her mother’s eyes. He visited her in fleeting childhood memories that now seem more like dreams. Even after coming from his punishments, he would look at her and smile or hug her and tell her how lucky she was. Then there was the one time she told him she wished she was more like him. He gave her such a frightful look but masked it quickly with one of his charming smiles.
Marline wiped a tear from her eye and kept at her work. She was almost finished and that meant that she was closer to going back to her home and getting rest for the next day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
yeah, it's a bit short (about a page in Word) but little by little, big things get accomplished.

Last edited by LandonOokami (2013-07-24 16:28:16)

Werewolves run monthly

Board footer