The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-03 17:57:06

John Anchondo

My longest M-Shift so far.

Not fun at all when it's three days long with an excruciatingly painful migraine. I wanna know if any other therian/werewolves has experienced this.

Those who don't understand the past are destined to repeat it.

#2 2011-09-06 17:37:41

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: My longest M-Shift so far.

Migraines, yes - they're pretty common in the Therian community. A three day m-shift - well, I shifted once in 1978 and never came out of it so, yes, it lasted 3 days.....and a little more.

#3 2011-09-06 22:45:59

John Anchondo

M shift may not be the best term I'm thinking of, but the closest to describe. It was kind of like an overloading feeling, like nothing in the environment could escape my attention. Keep in mind that I'm healthy and I don't do drugs, smoke, or drink alcohol.

#4 2011-09-07 04:50:32

walkingintheshadows
Website

Hmm I don't have long m-shifts, It's more of a permenant semi-conscious one which flares up occasionaly

#5 2011-09-07 18:06:48

WolfVanZandt
Website

No, that sounds like an m-shift. Hypervigilance (the tendency to focus on everything going on around you) is a common characteristic of the therianside. For contherianthropes (nonshifting Therians) who only manifest the therianside, hypervigilance is pretty much a way of life.

#6 2011-09-07 19:11:19

John Anchondo

Yes! Those were the words I was looking for, thanks walkingintheshadows. Mine also occasionally flare up, but they were never that long before, which is why I wanted to see if anybody else experienced this.

I understand what you're saying WolfVanZandt, but this was a different type of feeling, like an "on edge" kind of feeling.

Last edited by John Anchondo (2011-09-07 19:14:29)

#7 2011-09-08 17:35:56

WolfVanZandt
Website

I was figuring the "on-edge" feeling might be because you're not used to it. It also sounds like it might be an anxiety problem.

#8 2011-09-08 19:29:49

lupinealchemist

John Anchondo wrote:

Yes! Those were the words I was looking for, thanks walkingintheshadows. Mine also occasionally flare up, but they were never that long before, which is why I wanted to see if anybody else experienced this.

I understand what you're saying WolfVanZandt, but this was a different type of feeling, like an "on edge" kind of feeling.

I experience it every now and then. I remember hearing from new age wiccans that a "cone of power" is supposedly fueled by similar flare ups, but I hardly understand what a cone of power is, anyway.

Last edited by lupinealchemist (2011-09-08 19:30:58)

#9 2011-09-08 21:24:35

John Anchondo

hhhhmmmmm..... I don't know too much about wiccans, but here's the definition I found, ""The cone of power is a method of raising energy in ritual magic, especially Witchcraft. The term refers to the idea that the raised energy forms a cone with the circle forming its base.[1] As a group the cone is formed by the coveners standing in a circle, holding hands, and focusing on a single point above and in the centre of the circle. They then dance, drum, chant, and perform various other ritual gestures, in order to raise the energy.[2] This is called "Raising the Cone of Power"". lupinalchemist are you saying that wiccans are fueled by their flare ups or therian/werewolf flare ups. I have to say being some sort of catalyst for energy is a little "out there" but I suppose therianthropy is just as much "out there".

#10 2011-09-09 00:57:23

lupinealchemist

John Anchondo wrote:

hhhhmmmmm..... I don't know too much about wiccans, but here's the definition I found, ""The cone of power is a method of raising energy in ritual magic, especially Witchcraft. The term refers to the idea that the raised energy forms a cone with the circle forming its base.[1] As a group the cone is formed by the coveners standing in a circle, holding hands, and focusing on a single point above and in the centre of the circle. They then dance, drum, chant, and perform various other ritual gestures, in order to raise the energy.[2] This is called "Raising the Cone of Power"". lupinalchemist are you saying that wiccans are fueled by their flare ups or therian/werewolf flare ups. I have to say being some sort of catalyst for energy is a little "out there" but I suppose therianthropy is just as much "out there".

They said that when the energy peaks, your body trembles as if your about to sneeze or reach an orgasm. These are not my words...
I kinda had a theory that it was the same energy but for different uses. For a witch it's magic, for a were it's shifting.
Is this understandable?

#11 2011-09-09 18:01:03

WolfVanZandt
Website

You're probably right. In my more or less scientific view, I see magic "energy" as sometghing between neural events and information (in the broadest possible sense - like what you see in texts on quantum mechanics).

#12 2011-09-09 19:20:17

John Anchondo

That's very creepy, I couldn't help but feel chills go up my spine when you mentioned sneezing. Every 2-3 minutes I had to sneeze like 5 times (I don't have allergies). I also have the same theory lupinealchemist.

Board footer