The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-20 18:34:55

Night_Lycan

How to find other therians/lycans

Im a werewolf tryin to get my pack numbers back but i want other wolves or some kind of therians. my problem is trying to find them... were-dar doesnt exactly ring... how about Sensing. simple easy to remember anyway bottom line. how do i sense other therians and tell them i want them in my pack.

"Anger is just Sadness in disguise."- Cameron O'Quinn

#2 2011-07-21 04:22:55

ShadowTrail

Re: How to find other therians/lycans

Night_Lycan wrote:

how do i sense other therians and tell them i want them in my pack.

There is this thing  called question mark. Use them. Seriously.
So what happend to your old pack member? they ged bored of beating you serve them to keep them in line?

Btw sensing dont work very well if all other therian live 100 miles away from you. You can locate some by other means and invite them to your "pack".
Of course if you are mean brute, they never speak with you after first time.
Hope that helps

Last edited by ShadowTrail (2011-07-21 04:23:38)

#3 2011-07-21 17:12:01

Night_Lycan

Im not mean... by any stretch of the imagination. just dont put up with alot of crap and i still have my pack together i jvst want to get our numbers up. and every person ive asked in secret who they think is better suited for leadership, because as any alpha would agree i want whats best for my pack and if they feel like some one could do a better job then i would yeild to there decision. as it turns out, all 9 of us agree im a great leader. i listen to others, im highly respectful, i dont+abuse+my+authority+and+im+a+very+loyal+freind+and+leader.+however+im+strict.+so+what+are+some+signs+that+a+person+may+be+a+therian????

#4 2011-07-21 17:28:52

WolfVanZandt
Website

You've been around other Therians. Best I can tell, if you couldn't sense them then, you can't sense them now. Evidently some Therians don't have the "knack". Now, if you can develop the ability, I don't know how. I suspect that it comes from simply observing other people's behaviors and such.

#5 2011-07-22 01:58:57

Night_Lycan

Its not sensing them that is a major problem every therian is spiritualy in tune whether they know it or not. you may or may not know what im talking about but its an energy that is typicaly felt slightly below the heart. the aura given off by the therian causes this energy to react quite noticibly. the problem is, i wouldnt know how to say "hey are you a werewolf." without freaking them ovt. as im sure you well know 60% of the therian population dont know what they are.  btw ive read your post about being in a+good+situation+were+you+are+and+your+job+is+there+but+you+still+claim+werewolves.+im+impressed+with+age+comes+wisdom+and+i+respect+that.

#6 2011-07-22 01:59:25

Night_Lycan

Its not sensing them that is a major problem every therian is spiritualy in tune whether they know it or not. you may or may not know what im talking about but its an energy that is typicaly felt slightly below the heart. the aura given off by the therian causes this energy to react quite noticibly. the problem is, i wouldnt know how to say "hey are you a werewolf." without freaking them ovt. as im sure you well know 60% of the therian population dont know what they are.  btw ive read your post about being in a+good+situation+were+you+are+and+your+job+is+there+but+you+still+claim+werewolves.+im+impressed+with+age+comes+wisdom+and+i+respect+that.

#7 2011-07-22 02:00:28

Night_Lycan

#8 2011-07-22 02:02:21

Night_Lycan

#9 2011-07-22 02:17:22

walkingintheshadows
Website

Night_Lycan wrote:

Why do you need to find other therians? I personally suspect one person out of everybody I know to be a  therian, but i have no intention of tellling her. You could hint at it, being all "did you know some people believe..." etc. but I think they should be left alone to figure it out themselves.

#10 2011-07-22 04:24:12

Night_Lycan

Because i want more therians in my pack... and how do you suspect her? what started your suspicions toward her? and i wovld tell somebndy that there therian because if he/she knows then you tell them so they dont feel alone.

#11 2011-07-22 08:46:53

walkingintheshadows
Website

Night_Lycan wrote:

Because i want more therians in my pack... and how do you suspect her? what started your suspicions toward her? and i wovld tell somebndy that there therian because if he/she knows then you tell them so they dont feel alone.

I guess I dont really get whats so good about a therian pack. I have a pack. None of them are therians, none of them know i am a therian, but i still consider them my pack. they are just my friends and family. Maybe It'ss different in America, but in the UK, it's good to be eccentric, but not odd. If i lived in London it would be different as there is a lot of new age-y type stuff there, but I live about an hour away from London, in the countryside, good for wildlife, not so good for packs.

Anyway, I sort of suspect her, because well she was always different, runs alone, and is just sort of like me, which is probably why we fight so much. It's hard to explain. She would be a werecat of some sort though, definetly. I always sort of knew we were TheSameButCompletelyDifferent a long time ago. There is no way i could ever tell her. In case you didnt realise, I am quite young, mid teens. She cares more about what other people think about her, and although she isnt much of follower, she's not really....outspoken I guess.

Not really helpfull, is it?

#12 2011-09-13 18:22:13

SnowCrystal
Website

I know I am still new to this board, as I just joined today.... but can somebody enlighten me as to why people call werewolves Lycans? Lycanthropes and lycanthropy is a term used to describe a person who can shift into ANY animal: a wolf, cat, you name it. a WOLF LYCANTHROPE would be a werewolf, a wolf shapeshifter.

Yet many use the term lycan to describe wolf lycanthropes specifically.... why is that? I first heard the term Lycan used for werewolves from the Underworld movies.

A white wolf therian living happily with my black wolf dire / grey wolf hybrid mate (also a therian) and best friend who is a skunk therian c:.

#13 2011-09-13 18:31:37

John Anchondo

That's probably why (because of underworld). I'd say that it's a universal term so most people know what others mean when they say lycan. I know most people have no clue what therian means.

Those who don't understand the past are destined to repeat it.

#14 2011-09-13 18:43:11

John Anchondo

@ Night_Lycan Before you increase your numbers, you should ask yourself if you want more therians in your pack for You or to help them. As any leader should ask themselves for that matter, do you want to be respected and admired by many or do you want to help your kind.

However I'm assuming you want more therians for good reasons, so here's my tips. Look at the way they carry themselves around. Compare a therian/werewolves characteristics to that of a human. Last but not least, pay attention to how your aura coincide/feel when your next to eachother, if it feels "different" then most, it's probably a therian/werewolf.

#15 2011-09-13 21:22:45

ChiDarkWolf74

SnowCrystal wrote:

I know I am still new to this board, as I just joined today.... but can somebody enlighten me as to why people call werewolves Lycans? Lycanthropes and lycanthropy is a term used to describe a person who can shift into ANY animal: a wolf, cat, you name it. a WOLF LYCANTHROPE would be a werewolf, a wolf shapeshifter.

Yet many use the term lycan to describe wolf lycanthropes specifically.... why is that? I first heard the term Lycan used for werewolves from the Underworld movies.

Well let me break that down for you, Lycan or the Greek form Lykan means Wolf, Lycanthrope means "Wolf man", hense the term. I was shortened to Lycan since it easier to say, Lycan also came from WhiteWolf Werewolf:Apocalypse RP games. What you are seeking is therianthrope which means beast man. Werewolf term was formed in Old English. Even the term Wer or Were means Man, add the animal and there you have it.

I am not sure where you heard Lycanthrope means any animal, but even a simple google search would of answered your questions as to why they are refered to as Lycans. Look up the greek word for your animal, I am sure it is there.

#16 2011-09-13 21:25:30

ChiDarkWolf74

John Anchondo wrote:

That's probably why (because of underworld). I'd say that it's a universal term so most people know what others mean when they say lycan. I know most people have no clue what therian means.

LOL you are probably right on that, not many would know the term Therian.  smile

#17 2011-09-14 23:43:32

John Anchondo

I know when I first heard it, I had no clue what it meant.

#18 2011-09-15 14:12:22

SnowCrystal
Website

ChiDarkWolf74 wrote:

Well let me break that down for you, Lycan or the Greek form Lykan means Wolf, Lycanthrope means "Wolf man", hense the term. I was shortened to Lycan since it easier to say, Lycan also came from WhiteWolf Werewolf:Apocalypse RP games. What you are seeking is therianthrope which means beast man. Werewolf term was formed in Old English. Even the term Wer or Were means Man, add the animal and there you have it.

I am not sure where you heard Lycanthrope means any animal, but even a simple google search would of answered your questions as to why they are refered to as Lycans. Look up the greek word for your animal, I am sure it is there.

You are right. I forgot that LYKAON or LYKOS is greek for WOLF. -facepalms- And I heard it on several sites arguing about why people were calling werewolves Lycanthropes.

I apologize, apparently I had received false information from these said sites. It is just the first time I heard the term Lycanthrope used was in the Underworld series. Most other places call them werewolves, and Lycanthropy is used to describe the mental disability that some get by "thinking they are a werewolf." Some people use the term Lycanthropy differently, and use it to describe the physical capabilities and process of shapeshifting, however, into a wolf.

Last edited by SnowCrystal (2011-09-16 15:28:20)

A white wolf therian living happily with my black wolf dire / grey wolf hybrid mate (also a therian) and best friend who is a skunk therian c:.

#19 2011-09-15 18:47:29

WolfVanZandt
Website

"Lycanthropy" was originally used to designate an mental illness. It later became a blanket term for anything like a Werewolf. The term "Lycan" was exceedingly rare (if it was in use at all) until the Underworld movies. It's like the term "Demon"  used to designate an attendant spirit, imaginary animal friend, or helper part of the psyche. Socrates had a "daemon" which bore little resemblance to what modern people talk about when they use the term. The term came into common usage in the New Age community precisely when The Golden Compass came out.

One of the many reasons I don't like New Age - it develops by accretion from popular fiction......

#20 2011-09-15 22:14:14

John Anchondo

Can't argue with you there.

#21 2012-01-06 02:24:05

Randomwolf42
Random Wolf [Moderator]
Website

codeman1234 wrote:

I need a pack so I will jion you night Lycan. My previous pack was killed while me and 4 others were scouting for food for the pack. Had we been there we would also be dead. Me and my 4 friends have sworn revenge against the  pack that killed ours

Roleplaying forums are this way.

#22 2012-01-06 02:52:05

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

scifiguy wrote:

codeman1234 wrote:

I need a pack so I will jion you night Lycan. My previous pack was killed while me and 4 others were scouting for food for the pack. Had we been there we would also be dead. Me and my 4 friends have sworn revenge against the  pack that killed ours

Roleplaying forums are this way.

Random, don't be so mean to new members!!  He should learn English first anyway...

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#23 2012-01-06 18:19:22

WolfVanZandt
Website

Yes, learn English so the mean has a greater impact.....

#24 2012-02-09 13:45:43

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

So.... let me get this straight... you have good hearing, a good sense of smell and you don't know who your real Dad is?

Sorry mama but I don't think that's enough info to go on to say you're definitely a werewolf - you might find it useful to read the FAQ or the sticky 'Why You Are Probably Not a Werewolf' thread for more info.

Cheers.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#25 2012-02-10 02:21:26

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

...What?  Mamablackbear, I can barely understand anything from that wall of text you just dumped here.  From what I get you're saying that you think you're a werewolf (probably not), and you think your family isn't your biological one (they probably are though), and you think your "real" biological family is werewolves (not even sure where that's coming from), and also that you've got a 3 year old son that you're dragging into this.  The best advice I can give you is to calm the f*** down and stop freaking out about this, and especially don't do anything crazy that might endanger your child.  Even if your family isn't your biological family and they've been lying to you, I'm sure they care about you and all that, and there's no reason for you to be coming onto random internet forums to freak out about them.

Now, can you slow down and clearly explain whatever it is you're going on about?

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2012-02-10 02:53:26)

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

Board footer