The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-17 21:21:49

nicgirl423
Website

Werewolf/Lycan Symptoms

Most people who join this site is just and fan of Jacon Black from Twilight, though only few come for reasons for help. I had thought I was sick and couldn't sleep but I was wrong.

Some Symptoms are:
Runny nose
Not being able to sleep during full moon
Hair sleeker or shinier
Hair changing colors slowly
finger and toe nails stronger and grow longer
Eating a lot of meat
Urge to run outside but not inside
Growl under Breath
Eye color changes

Some ways to cover it up:
Have alergies
Run as much as you can at night and howl if people come and stare Just smile and say (its for school were doing a project on animals and I wanna ge a feeling of them Wolves) Its not that easy for me I live in a small town and 3/4 of my teachers live in that town I say (I need to get my anger out)
  If you have a feeling like you have to attack some thing (inside school) Ask if you can get a drink then run outside and bite yourself(helps me)
We can't be killed by silver unless it enters the blood stream so its OK to put on but stick to gold

Well, first of all, if it was an ACTUAL wolf which attacked you, then it couldn't have been a werewolf. As far as I know, no species of werewolf turns into a real honest-to-god wolf, just a vague, quasi-wolf, semi-wolf, pseudo-wolf, you get the picture.Once again, I'm just speaking from personal experience, but werewolves are exactly normal people when it's not night, meaning the wolf part intrudes little to none on the human life. However, if you had a distant ancestor who was one, you may feel a need to return to the woods or something cliched like that
   Some Ways you cant be :
It has also been suggested that ergot poisoning was to blame for werewolf stories. Ergot is a fungus that grows in rye grains. Poisoning from this fungus is known to cause hallucinations, convulsions, mass hysteria and even death.
A lycan (short for lycanthrope) suffers from a mental disease that causes the person to believe they are able to transform. From what you have stated, it seems you suffer from lycanthrope syndrome.
you're probably just imagining it. Waking up outside- sleepwalking
eating more- hormones hair-hormones howl at the moon-uh... canine like teeth- unusual, but some of my friends have them. attacked by a wolf- coincidence

NOTE I GOT THESE ALL FROM FRIENDS AND RESEARCH I AM NOT SAYING WEREWORLF ARE NOT REAL!

Last edited by nicgirl423 (2011-09-17 21:22:28)

Feisty Free and a Were,
Half blooded is better.

#2 2011-09-18 13:16:12

Fenris Lupa
Dog Soldier

Re: Werewolf/Lycan Symptoms

So did you have questions about these symptoms?  And a Lycanthrope is not someone that suffers from a mental condition.  The condition you're talking about is called Lycanthropy.  So close, but, the ppl that are diagnosed with Lycanthropy aren't called that.  The few that have actually been diagnosed, really have a horrible mental condition and are an extreme danger to themselves and others around them, and are not true wolves, even though many of us here fall under that category.

I, however, I am not sic, I am very aware of what happens to me, and what I do.  I have been aware of what I am for over 23yrs now.

Last edited by Fenris Lupa (2011-09-18 13:17:10)

Never do anything as a wolf you wouldn't do as a man...if you have a good heart....you'll be a good dog....

#3 2011-09-19 19:55:49

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

Hey all I'm moving this topic into the Therianthropy section as it is more applicable there.

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#4 2011-09-20 19:25:02

WolfVanZandt
Website

Runny nose: Actually, I have that - but it really is allergies. After all, I live in Alabama.

Not being able to sleep during full moon - I can sleep anytime - as long as I get the opportunity.

Hair sleeker or shinier: Sleeker and shinier than.....who. Of course anyone can use........Weresheen - the hair product used by all Werewolves to make their hair sleeker and....oops. Did I let out a trade secret there?

Hair changing colors slowly: Aye, it's called "aging".

finger and toe nails stronger and grow longer: Ouw! I broke a .... <.<          >.>   uh, it's these darn keyboard keys, y'know...

Eating a lot of meat: Can't afford it, darn it!

Urge to run outside but not inside: If I tried to run inside in my apartment, I'd kill myself. Come to think of it, if I ran outside, I'd probably have a heart attack....

Growl under Breath: Yeah, I'm doing that now....

Eye color changes: Occasionally. Yep.

In other words, if you want to know what a Werewolf is like. Ask a Werewolf.

#5 2011-09-20 22:08:57

White Wolf
Dreamer of the East [Moderator]
Website

Boy, it's been too long... I missed reading through these sorts of threads.

All I've got to say is, good to be back, good to be back.

As a medical student, I can attest to everything that was brought up. Those are all very real symptoms of being a real life werewolf. (I'm sorry, I couldn't help the cynicism.)

To keep things on topic though, what are some tendencies (I hesitate to call them symptoms per say) that you do notice being a wolf therian? (This is asked to anyone.)

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#6 2011-09-20 22:31:22

Badseed_666

Runny nose: I don't get sleep so that causes it
No sleep during full moon: I'm an insomniac si I never get sleep anyway though it is somewhat worsened on a full moon. Growing nails: I've always had fast growth. Hair: always been sleek and shiny and your color changes in winter and summer naturally anyways. Eating lots of meat: always been a carnivore. Urge to run: I always liked running and am training for military service so...yeah... Growling under breath: I'm always stressed by something or someone so it happens. Changing eye color: that happens to all naturally during night and day. Now I'm not saying that werewolves don't exist but these symptoms are very common after all. You can be a were wolf genetically just by a mutation without anyone in your family ever being one.

"I will not bow, I will not brake"~Breaking Benjamin
"We are luminous beings, not this crude matter"~Master Yoda
"Trust not your eyes, they deceive you"~Master Obi-Wan Kenobi

#7 2011-09-20 22:45:12

WolfMontana

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Hair sleeker or shinier: Sleeker and shinier than.....who. Of course anyone can use........Weresheen - the hair product used by all Werewolves to make their hair sleeker and....oops. Did I let out a trade secret there?

big_smile lol Ha! Weresheen! Buy it at a store near you!

(Sideeffectsarecommonandincludebraindamage,bleedingfromeveryorifice,andextremeflatulence.
But hey, at least your hair is perfect. big_smile)

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#8 2011-09-20 22:53:48

Badseed_666

Were sheen! From Blammo!

#9 2011-09-21 19:19:00

nicgirl423
Website

I am werewolf, ik i hide some of these symptoms b/c im scared parents will call psycaratrist on me. And yea ik some of these are medical conditions that are similiar to this ..... I have done a lot of research to why i have these problems

Feisty Free and a Were,
Half blooded is better.

#10 2011-09-21 19:19:51

WolfVanZandt
Website

Actually, the symptoms I notice that seem to be common for Werewolves are not things you'd think of. Werewolves, for instance, don't usually have pointy canines (actually, I know a Werewolf with a beautiful set of very canine looking canines but I've also known decidedly un-Werewolf types who have pointy canines). Most commonly, Werewolves have shovel-teeth which looks about as un-canine as you can imagine. Another graymuzzle alerted me to the fact that there is a lot of bilateral asymmetry in the Were community. For instance, an ear may by noticeably larger than the other. In my case, the hair on one half of my body grows at a faster pace than the other half. Auto-immune problems also seems to be  characteristic of Weres. Weres also tend toward spontaneous shamanic experiences.

The problem, of course, is that not all Weres show these "symptoms" You can't really tell a Were-book by its cover.

#11 2011-09-21 19:42:12

nicgirl423
Website

Wolf VanZandt I had the symptoms last month around full moon I thought it was weird that I couldnt sleep... I have had strange things happen Example : I have been running faster than normal and I have had the cravings for meat and "school food meat" everytime I eat it I throw up. I have been able to get into people's heads and see there memories, in which I have helped my friends find stuff or remember something. And I have had visions, mostly about future but one was about past and it wasnt very important. I Had light brown hair that was almost strawberry blonde (a little more red than that with mix of brown) and suddenly its a blackish brown with slight hairs that are golden blonde. And the fact that I'm part Native American is a little odd too. Also my birthday is very odd 6th month 13th day of Friday

Last edited by nicgirl423 (2011-09-21 20:01:18)

Feisty Free and a Were,
Half blooded is better.

#12 2011-09-22 18:28:39

WolfVanZandt
Website

The shamanistic stuff is interesting. Not all Native Americans are Were but I would suspect that there is more Wereism among Native American than, say, among British - although probably not more than say Eastern Europeans. The most common birthdays to produce Werewolves according to folklore are the high holy days - especially Christmas. Just being real, though, it doesn't seem to have anything at all to do with whether you're a Werewolf or not.

#13 2011-09-22 19:59:35

nicgirl423
Website

Most people think my birthday is a demon day ... since sixth month 13th day and they think strange things will happen which thye do like i growl under my breathe when my enemy is nearby and can be heared

Feisty Free and a Were,
Half blooded is better.

#14 2011-09-22 23:56:17

Badseed_666

I do a pretty good job of hiding that I'm a were for the most part. There are the occasional instances where I might give it away (particularly when my female friends scratch to damn loud and/or scratch my ears which nakes me let it show a bit)

#15 2011-09-23 05:51:13

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

nicgirl423 wrote:

Most people who join this site is just and fan of Jacon Black from Twilight, though only few come for reasons for help. I had thought I was sick and couldn't sleep but I was wrong.

Some Symptoms are:
Runny nose
Hair sleeker or shinier
Eating a lot of meat
Growl under Breath
Eye color changes

NOTE I GOT THESE ALL FROM FRIENDS AND RESEARCH I AM NOT SAYING WEREWORLF ARE NOT REAL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSxD7ANFONM

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#16 2011-09-23 14:15:06

bdk336
Website

SherlawkDragon wrote:

nicgirl423 wrote:

Some Symptoms are:
Runny nose
Hair sleeker or shinier
Eating a lot of meat
Growl under Breath
Eye color changes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSxD7ANFONM

Man I missed this kind of entertainment. It's good to be back after... <_< well let's not go there.

#17 2011-09-23 14:53:53

Badseed_666

Lol welcome back

#18 2011-09-24 14:58:50

nicgirl423
Website

Anyway I have decided to change my way of me living and prolly go girly .... pack is against it, i dont know.

Feisty Free and a Were,
Half blooded is better.

#19 2011-09-24 20:52:03

John Anchondo

@nicgirl423 be who want to be. don't let others tell you to be something you don't want to be.

Those who don't understand the past are destined to repeat it.

#20 2011-09-25 14:55:02

XentricLycan

These kinds of things are fun!

Runny nose ... yup
Not being able to sleep during full moon ... check!
Hair sleeker or shinier ... not really but it's thicker
Hair changing colors slowly .... .....Hair dye
finger and toe nails stronger and grow longer ... my aunt is jealous, let's hope she never finds out Why. I'm in hiding and I like it that way.
Eating a lot of meat ... I always spit out pork, but any other meat and I go rabid. That's why I try to keep away from meat, going rabid over a chicken will give me away to the human public...
Urge to run outside but not inside ... 1 room apartment not good to run in. But I live close to the woods... I love the woods...
Growl under Breath... too often
Eye color changes... alters between blue, green and gray, freaks my human 'friends' out....

My family isn't religious in any sense of the word (I doubt my mom would recognize any religion if it so dansed naked in front of her) but I was born on a christian holiday. I have rather pointy canines while no one else in the entire family does. I have thick asymmetric eyebrows. my voice is husky and hoarse. I have had several schamanic experiences since I was very young, for example carnirvorus animals follow me around, especially cats. I'm very fast. It's really hard to hurt me, my skin doesn't break easily, neither does my bones.
I'm rather short (154cm, 5,1) but when I get angry I can make people three times my size tremble and cower in a corner; I sliced a guys cheek open with my bare hand in high-school (he never called me a freak again)

All of us are creatures... some are just more creature than others.

I react as a werewolf would if it was whisked out of its body, born as a human baby, and raised in human society.

#21 2011-10-01 17:59:16

nicgirl423
Website

Hey glad this helping out @John Anchondo  Thanks tho I think its best to stay my Werewolf self smile
@XentricLycan Me too My family isnt that all religious and I make my friend's BF that 6'4'' jump backwards and scream for me to go away, I am short but I just hit 5 ft i think i never measure myself.

Feisty Free and a Were,
Half blooded is better.

#22 2011-10-01 18:01:37

nicgirl423
Website

Does anyone know if Werewolf/Lycan's can see the paranormal and be considered a physic child...

Feisty Free and a Were,
Half blooded is better.

#23 2011-10-02 03:28:04

John Anchondo

I can't speak for any other therians, but I consider myself to be "spiritually sensitive".

Those who don't understand the past are destined to repeat it.

#24 2011-10-03 18:34:26

WolfVanZandt
Website

"Does anyone know if Werewolf/Lycan's can see the paranormal and be considered a physic child"

I'm not sure what you mean, there. Did you mean "psychic child?" My impression is that Therians have a predisposition to see visions (of a shamanic nature). I'm honestly not sure how paranormal those visions are. I think some of them are but many of them are just visualizing subtle but natural elements in the environment.

#25 2011-10-03 19:55:57

nicgirl423
Website

Yea @ VanZandt b/c i can see them

Feisty Free and a Were,
Half blooded is better.

Board footer