The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-11 14:51:56

CookieAsylum
Website

Cookie's Arts <3

As I said in my introduction post, I'm a Senior attending college. I'm Majoring in Illustration and Communication Arts. I love to draw werewolves, and it's nice to be able to keep drawing something I enjoy. And I want to share my work. <3

A gift for my RL and DA best!buddy.
Her hulking, brutish female werewolf named "Sylvie."

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/222/7/e/gift____sylvie_for_jingles_by_cookieasylum-d463zqg.png

And some art of my character for a DA group.
You have to complete challenges to advance your character's level.
Below is the character sheet for "Micki Anders", my character for the group, and two of her currently completed challenges.
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/232/2/5/micki_nicole_anders_by_cookieasylum-d3j1b9u.png

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/216/7/c/n_micki_omega_1_by_cookieasylum-d45b8n7.png

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/219/7/f/n_micki_omega_3_by_cookieasylum-d45thc6.png

I'll continue to update this thread as I complete more werewolf pieces. : D
- CA

Last edited by CookieAsylum (2013-06-09 10:31:25)

My DeviantArt
Listening to: "Breaking of the Fellowship" - Howard Shore

#2 2011-08-11 16:42:59

RedMoonstruck

Re: Cookie's Arts <3

O hai! :3 (Rare-form on DA) Seen your stuff on Moonstruck! X3 Beautiful work. Love how you draw paws. Nice composition in your challenge pics too. smile

#3 2011-08-11 16:48:27

CookieAsylum
Website

RedMoonstruck wrote:

O hai! :3 (Rare-form on DA) Seen your stuff on Moonstruck! X3 Beautiful work. Love how you draw paws. Nice composition in your challenge pics too. smile

Oh hey! : D
You own Vance - smooth talking, ladykiller, Belekt wolf. <3
Thank you. I'm trying to improve my composition and my coloring and lighting. lol I think I'm finally getting a hang of it. XD

My DeviantArt

#4 2011-08-11 18:28:27

The Busboy
Administrator

Great artwork!

#5 2011-08-11 18:47:07

RedMoonstruck

CookieAsylum wrote:

RedMoonstruck wrote:

Oh hey! : D
You own Vance - smooth talking, ladykiller, Belekt wolf. <3
Thank you. I'm trying to improve my composition and my coloring and lighting. lol I think I'm finally getting a hang of it. XD

Indeed! Keep up the awesome work! smile

#6 2011-08-16 00:50:42

CookieAsylum
Website

Thank you for the welcome. : D
It's nice to find another werewolf forum. <3

I have a new piece to upload~!
(still working on improving my backgrounds, but I'll get there.)

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/227/7/a/n_micki_omega_03_by_cookieasylum-d46ow6d.png

For "Moontouched" on DA.

---

You’ve stumbled on the trail of a local pack during the full moon. You try to double back and avoid them, but they cut you off. Now you're staring down a dozen wolves in the darkness. Are they friend or foe?

---

She didn't know where they came from. But they stalked around her, like wraiths. Heavy breathing. Low, grumbling snarls. Half-garbled words.

Shivers chased up and down her spine. Who were they? She hadn't met many others. Save for that stranger who thought it had been a good idea to sharpen his claws on her gut. Micki rumbled, fur prickling and knuckles cracking. She wasn't a fighter - far from it.

SNAP!

Micki snarled, throat vibrating. "Leave me be!"

Last edited by CookieAsylum (2013-06-09 10:32:18)

My DeviantArt

#7 2011-08-16 20:07:54

WolfMontana

Sweeet! big_smile

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#8 2011-08-22 18:16:08

CookieAsylum
Website

WolfMontana wrote:

Sweeet! big_smile

Thank you <3

I have a few new pieces to add.
First, another rank challenge piece for Moontouched on DA.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/233/1/b/n_micki_gamma_5_by_cookieasylum-d47clqz.png

Prompt: You need a serious break from human life and head out to the woods to unwind. How do you spend your day?
Music: "Furr" by Blitzen Trapper Click me for the song!

Artist Notes: I wanted to go with something really simple this time around. I blame the song lol. The lines "On the day that I turned 23, I was curled up underneath a dogwood tree" were the main driving idea behind this challenge piece.

And I'm finally creating a reference sheet for my longest existing werewolf character, Aislin Carwin. She's gone through a lot of changes in the past. From intricate markings to even more ridiculously crazy markings, she's finally going to get a solid design. About darn time, too! XD

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/233/9/7/aislin_carwin_ref__wip__by_cookieasylum-d47epz8.png

Last edited by CookieAsylum (2013-06-09 10:33:26)

My DeviantArt

#9 2011-08-24 00:01:02

CookieAsylum
Website

Finished Aislin's reference sheet.
[s]I'm also using her for "Moontouched".[/s] Change of plans. I decided not to enter her into the group.
I love how the group has three forms, which matches her transformations already.
So I can finally see how I want her to be and such. <3
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/258/2/c/aislin_carwin_ref_sheet_by_cookieasylum-d49ykey.png

If you want to get a full view of the image, go here.

:: Essentials ::

Name -- Aislin Tia Carwin
Age -- Appears to look 29
Species -- Werewolf
Ethnicity -- Caucasian/Native American/Black-American
Gender -- Female
Occupation -- Unemployed

:: Appearance ::

Eye Color -- Golden orange
Hair Color -- Off-white to dark gray
Human Height -- 5'10"
Werewolf Height -- 7'9"
Feral Height -- 4'6"
Beast Height -- 13'0"
Accessories -- Fang earring
Appearance -- Aislin usually prefers to run around in either her Werewolf or Beast form. And should she ever transform back into her human disguise, she would be most comfortable walking around in nothing. Clothing is not something she normally has. However, should she ever be in need of clothes, tanned hide would probably work just fine. She would probably steal clothing from a dead human or from some unfortunate person to cross her path. She doesn't usually keep the company of... civilized people.

:: Places ::

Birth Place -- (What is to be) Glacier National Park

:: Personality ::

Overall -- Aislin is a lonely, wandering b**** with a god-complex and likes to follow her own rules.

Grumpy and short-tempered, Aislin usually likes to keep to herself. Wandering around the country by herself has made it pretty difficult for her to fit into "normal" society. She does not conform to normal standards. For example, if you're supposed to wear clothes in public, she would not. Besides that, she's not much of a "people person". Living on her own has made the few polite manners she had go to the wayside. You don't need to know how to pour tea if you're chasing down your dinner.

When in the company of others, she likes to keep to her self. Aislin usually only speaks if she has something useful to contribute to a conversation; she's not the type to make small talk. She finds that there is nothing to be gained by it. She doesn't care about human issues - or even the issues of other werewolves. Especially if those issues conflict with her own ideals.

Determined and set in her ways, Aislin has a sharp wit and can be very stubborn. While she had a standard education, that doesn't necessarily means she's intelligent. She knows how to count and do basic math. She can read and write, though it has probably been awhile since she's done either. However, when it comes to street smarts and the history of the Carwin werewolf bloodline, she is an ace. She can recite the names of her ancestors and their skills - from both sides of her family. When it comes to common sense, Aislin knows how to handle herself. That does not mean she's a battle strategist - most definitely far from it. If beating an opponent into the ground doesn't work the first time, there's always the second - or the third - try.

She has a low tolerance for annoyances and can be sarcastic and cynical. Despite her gruffness, she does take pride in loyalty - to either herself or something she believes in. She has a dominant personality, but not always inherently violent. That does not mean she doesn't have her rampages. Control is important, but even a Carwin werewolf's senses can become clouded. Although she is usually crass and rude to most, she is polite around those she considers to be of "pure blood".

All in all, Aislin just prefers to do things her way...

:: History ::

- Born into a long line of werewolves to Lucius and Janice Carwin in the wilds of the United States. Date of birth was June 2nd, 1810. Lucius was a town doctor and Janice was an escaped slave.
- Was kept away from the main society due to the prejudices her family faced (not because of being werewolves, but because of the nature of her parent's relationship).
- Underwent her first transformation at the age of 11. Her parents were there to supervise the entire procedure - and to ensure that she carried on the Carwin bloodline.
- Wandered around and learned what it meant to be a Carwin werewolf
- Father was killed by a lone werewolf in broad daylight. The murderer escaped, but not without most of the town witnessing the attack.
- Aislin and her mother fled the town and headed deeper into the wilds of the U.S.
- They went their separate ways. Her mother joined a small pack in the forests of Alaska, while Aislin wandered around the rest of the country.
- Her current whereabouts are unknown...

:: Family Information ::

The Carwin werewolves are very particular about their bloodline. They will only have children with other "born" werewolves. They marry and breed with other strong bloodlines in order to strengthen their future progeny. "Bitten" werewolves are seen as a stain on the society as a whole, and a Carwin should never seek a relationship with one.

It is noted in the Carwin lineages that most of the family werwolves have had thick, dark fur. They are decently muscular, but not overly so. However, due to the mixed bloodlines, certain traits can appear in particular generations, but not in others. Only two other ancestors have ever had pale, white fur and further increased strength. Aislin has an atavism that makes her resemble her great, great, great, great grandfather (if only in her werewolf forms). However, due to the nature of this, her speed is heavily decreased in her Beast form.

Also, the family has always tried to be careful about their interaction with humans. Limiting human-werewolf interaction to nearly not at all. They do not approve of turning normal humans into werewolves. They believe that humans would squander the gift. If it is suspected that a family member has "bitten" a human - be it on purpose or by accident - they will hunt down and kill both the "bitten" human and the Carwin responsible. It is an unforgivable transgression.

Lastly, the Carwin's consider themselves to be "blue-blood" werewolves. They pride themselves on the purity of their line and the superiority of born werewolves over both "bitten" werewolves and humans. Any imperfections are quickly erased from the family records.

Last edited by CookieAsylum (2013-06-09 10:34:31)

My DeviantArt

#10 2011-08-27 17:28:19

bloodlust
werewolf guardian
Website

Nice work!!

"Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend."
http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=152377

#11 2011-08-27 21:45:21

Fenris Lupa
Dog Soldier

Wow....these are really beautiful!  Keep up the good work...and keep us updated.  Do you have a Deviant art account?

Last edited by Fenris Lupa (2011-08-27 21:48:00)

Never do anything as a wolf you wouldn't do as a man...if you have a good heart....you'll be a good dog....

#12 2011-10-11 23:19:22

CookieAsylum
Website

Fenris Lupa wrote:

Wow....these are really beautiful!  Keep up the good work...and keep us updated.  Do you have a Deviant art account?

Yep! Same name as my name here - "CookieAsylum". lol I like to keep things consistent. XD

And I have an update for werewolf art.
It's a WIP for a challenge for the Moontouched group. Micki is trying to protect a bunch of teens in their broken-down car from Salem (the darker werewolf) from... well, killing them. D:

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/284/4/2/wip_n_micki_gamma_3_by_cookieasylum-d4cdkda.png

Last edited by CookieAsylum (2013-06-09 10:35:30)

My DeviantArt

#13 2011-10-17 23:48:28

katakomlugra
Website

Your artwork is very beautiful. Your anatomy is awesome!

"The blood of your enemies so they fear your power, the blood of a friend so they share their power, the blood of a loved one so you have power."

#14 2011-10-18 11:04:39

CookieAsylum
Website

katakomlugra wrote:

Your artwork is very beautiful. Your anatomy is awesome!

Thank you. <3
I try to make sure that everything connects properly. XD

My DeviantArt

#15 2011-10-18 11:40:54

The Busboy
Administrator

Very cool artwork!

#16 2011-10-25 21:31:55

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

Great stuff! smile

I'll come down and get you high.  Maybe sing you a lullaby.  Sing you to sleep, a sleep you'll never wake from.  Sing you to coma, so to speak.

#17 2011-10-26 15:02:04

bloodlust
werewolf guardian
Website

Great work!!

#18 2011-10-28 08:32:10

Dira
Nightwalker werewolf illustrator

Your work is amazing! I'm looking for a comic book artist, and someone who can teach me how to draw so nicely, just how sensitive is your computer mouse?

#19 2011-10-28 15:38:52

CookieAsylum
Website

Dira wrote:

Your work is amazing! I'm looking for a comic book artist, and someone who can teach me how to draw so nicely, just how sensitive is your computer mouse?

Thank you! : D
And I don't use a mouse. I have a Bamboo Fun that I use to do all of my digital work. And I try to have a light touch when I do my digital linework. My traditional inks are much different. XD

I'm currently taking a class for Graphic Novels at my university. And my story focuses around werewolves and such, so I might post some of my WIP's here.

My DeviantArt

#20 2011-10-29 07:07:54

Dira
Nightwalker werewolf illustrator

smile ok

#21 2011-10-30 16:19:15

bloodlust
werewolf guardian
Website

i would love to see your WIP's sometime

#22 2011-11-08 10:35:58

CookieAsylum
Website

A WIP for "Moontouched"'s Autumn Event - "Hunter's Moon". It's a group of Nemvarg werewolves chowing down on the bear they caught.
From left to right: Aubrey, Riley, Jayne, Nick, Micki, Walter
I'm debating whether to do the lines in ink and then color digitally, or just do the whole thing digital.
Decisions, decisions....

http://www.deviantart.com/download/267909096/mt___hunter__s_moon_wip_by_cookieasylum-d4fi7zc.png

My DeviantArt

#23 2011-11-08 22:36:21

bloodlust
werewolf guardian
Website

That is just absolutely amazing!!!

#24 2012-03-10 15:26:36

CookieAsylum
Website

Still doing some art. Haven't been able to do a lot of personal work lately, but I do have some updates.

The Moontouched piece of Micki vs. Salem. It's further along than the previous image of it. But, it's still taking a long time to finish.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DYXuBa-xn5g/T1u2WGP6mXI/AAAAAAAAARk/gF5lt1uANVY/s1600/Screen+shot+2012-03-10+at+3.14.53+PM.png

ALSO!
I finished the graphic novel I did for class. Below is the cover art of it. The links to the pages will be posted below the cover art.

The story is called "Northwood". It's about a Private Investigator (the blond on the cover) who unknowingly gets himself involved in a power struggle in a town that happens to be full of werewolves. Mysterious murders, missing persons, and drama abound!

http://www.deviantart.com/download/273917679/northwood_cover_art_by_cookieasylum-d4j308f.png

Page 01 || Page 02 || Page 03 || Page 04 || Page 05 || Page 06 || Page 07 || Page 08 || Page 09 || Page 10

My DeviantArt

#25 2013-02-23 09:39:10

CookieAsylum
Website

Thought I would share some recent art here. I haven't posted much stuff on this site lately. But here's something for viewing.

A piece I did for my final in Senior Portfolio. I focused on my Northwood story and illustrated a scene from one of the chapters.
Mack (the big werewolf), Alex (the smaller werewolf), and Trent (the cowering human).

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md1qouTzTx1rtcftco1_1280.png

I'll try to post more stuff here in a few days.

Last edited by CookieAsylum (2013-02-23 09:40:30)

My DeviantArt

Board footer