The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#51 2007-11-11 20:44:00

BryanBaugh
Website

Re: "Werewolf By Night" comics

I was always a huge Werewolf By Night fan. I collected all the issues and still bought both Essential volumes, just for the fun of seeing the art in black and white and as a "reading copy". It's just nice to have all that material collected in big books like the Essentials that you can easily take with you on a trip, or pull off the shelf at home, when you are in the mood for a quick WWBN fix, but don't feel like looking for, or dragging out, a huge pile of old single-issues. I DO miss the colors, though. I would totally buy a big, hardcover, full color Werewolf By Night Omnibus edition (like the Omnibus Editions that Marvel has recently released for the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Spider-Man...) if they came out with one. It was one of my favorites.

...And, man, if there was ever a Marvel Comic that I wish I could get the chance to revive and draw...

Last edited by BryanBaugh (2007-11-11 20:46:18)

#52 2007-11-12 19:25:54

jesterpress
Website

BB

Give them a chance!  They'll bring Jack Russell back!  Besides, aren't they doing a werewolf by night movie?  If they ever get that off the ground Marvel will sure release a new series or at least a mini series to capitalize on the movie

Oh, checked out your webpage and your art is awesome and creeeeeppy!

Last edited by jesterpress (2007-11-12 19:27:46)

#53 2007-11-13 01:14:16

BryanBaugh
Website

jesterpress wrote:

BB

Give them a chance!  They'll bring Jack Russell back!  Besides, aren't they doing a werewolf by night movie?  If they ever get that off the ground Marvel will sure release a new series or at least a mini series to capitalize on the movie

Oh, checked out your webpage and your art is awesome and creeeeeppy!

Thanks for the kind words! Man, I would kill to illustrate a WWBN comic for Marvel. But alas, I don't know anybody at Marvel and that's usually how it works - people tend to hire their friends! Oh well!

#54 2007-11-13 14:37:29

jesterpress
Website

Bryan, It is certainly about WHO you know...not how talented you are...and now Marvel wants you to already be famous before you work for them...so yeah...self publishing is about the only way to break in...but you already knew that..

#55 2007-11-14 03:06:49

BryanBaugh
Website

Yeah, that seems to be the way it works in all fields of entertainment.

#56 2008-08-01 01:19:17

Amarok

MOON KNIGHT #20, out this month, has werewolves galore, and an exceptionally souped-up Jack Russell.  It also reprints Werewolf By Night #32 and #33, which showcases the first appearance by Moon-Knight.  The reprints are fun -- but it reminds me how much we all missed Mike Ploog doing the art.

Whatever happened to Ploog, anyway?

"No, no, go not to Lethe, neither twist Wolf's-bane, tight-rooted. for its poisonous wine." -- Keats, "Ode to Melancholy"

#57 2008-08-01 01:26:06

Amarok

Well, here's a fairly recent blog with a great werewolf picture that's half Mike Ploog's!

http://dukeshire.blogspot.com/2007_08_01_archive.html

"No, no, go not to Lethe, neither twist Wolf's-bane, tight-rooted. for its poisonous wine." -- Keats, "Ode to Melancholy"

#58 2008-08-13 02:37:19

MidnightxSun
Website

Awesome! Volume 2 is out!?!?!? lol I still have to get Volume 1. I went to a comic book store on vacation and they had like every Gothic comic essential except Werewolf by Night! I was kinda annoyed! Oh well, I guess I'll have to ask for it for my birthday hmm

#59 2008-10-06 19:43:45

Amarok

I almost forgot The Incredible Hulk #362, where the gray incarnation of the Hulk meets Werewolf by Night:

http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/hulk/8#i362

I always liked this cover because the Hulk looks like he's squealing like a little girl after seeing WWBN.

#60 2008-11-05 02:00:27

The Night Runner

MidnightxSun wrote:

Awesome! Volume 2 is out!?!?!? lol I still have to get Volume 1. I went to a comic book store on vacation and they had like every Gothic comic essential except Werewolf by Night! I was kinda annoyed! Oh well, I guess I'll have to ask for it for my birthday hmm

Same here! lol

EDIT- OMG I just replied to my former screen name on here! Wow that's bad!

Anyways, I just read a few Werewolf by nights this week...they're really good.

I enjoyed each one in it's own way. The style of it is unique and I really enjoy the way Jack explains everything.

I think my favorite that I've read so far was the 2007 Re-make. It's only one comic but it was really good! The morals of it were so perfectly aligned with the theme and I really enjoyed the art in it...I defiantly recommend it though I do wish they'd make more like that one!

"Not all is as seems..."
                                    Next full moon in EST: April 12th, 2008
Beware...
            ...Beware Easter bunny! Beware!

#61 2008-11-05 06:26:51

WolfMontana

Amarok wrote:

I almost forgot The Incredible Hulk #362, where the gray incarnation of the Hulk meets Werewolf by Night:

http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/hulk/8#i362

I always liked this cover because the Hulk looks like he's squealing like a little girl after seeing WWBN.

lol I love this cover big_smile I have this somewhere!

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#62 2009-01-11 00:31:23

jesterpress
Website

did anyone pick up the new DEAD OF NIGHT WEREWOLF BY NIGHT book that came out this week?

#63 2011-10-24 00:21:10

Amarok

I'll bump this old thread up with a blog entry I just found.  I just liked the title:

http://www.the-isb.com/?p=1286

Last edited by Amarok (2011-10-24 00:23:42)

Board footer