The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-04 04:54:08

Skaithe

A lone alpha

Im an arctic wolf.
message me, and get to know me if you like.
I am a loner, and i enjoy that lonely atmosphere,but my true call is to lead a pack, and i have been in the position before, and yearn for it again.
For now however i want to meet more like me, so say hi if you think i could be someone of interest.
i dont want to flatter myself, so ill only say i am extremely introverted and mentally accomplished, so if you need someone to go to, or to just talk to about your therian issues, or issues alone, here i am.
one thing you should know, i can tell the difference between the real deal and the fake, so if you dont know, talk to me, ill help you find out.

I love the cold. Arctic wolf, the guidance of the pack.
I find myself at the lead of things in life, and yet I don't seek it.
I've been gifted with a strong spirit in which others can rely, and for this I thank the powers that be as much as possible.
Providing for those I care for, my pack, wherever or whoever they are in life, is extremely important to me.

#2 2011-10-04 15:57:28

Badseed_666

Re: A lone alpha

Interesting. I myself am an alpha looking for a pack. You in Wisconsin?

"I will not bow, I will not brake"~Breaking Benjamin
"We are luminous beings, not this crude matter"~Master Yoda
"Trust not your eyes, they deceive you"~Master Obi-Wan Kenobi

#3 2011-10-04 16:27:43

Skaithe

Louisiana for now, however my living situation is about to go wild haha, im rather more interested in talking to therians as of now, and meeting myself a pack as the road comes

I've been gifted with a strong spirit in which others can rely, and for this I thank the powers that be as much as possible.
Providing for those I care for, my pack, wherever or whoever they are in life, is extremely important to me.

#4 2011-10-04 20:01:59

FreeAsMe

Hey there Skaithe! Welcome to Werewolf Cafe! Hope you find a pack.

any one could trip over something else, but it takes skill to trip over your own feet.

#5 2011-10-05 18:56:34

Flamehart

Hello! I wish you luck on finding a pack.

#6 2011-10-05 22:24:09

Badseed_666

Goodluck on finding a pack!

#7 2011-11-04 19:47:22

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Not sure you're qualified to diagnose total strangers, Skaithe. We usually encourage people to figure it out for themselves. But welcome smile

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#8 2011-11-10 10:03:13

IcyEyesHowl

Welcome Skaithe~! Hope you find a pack smile

Telling your boyfriend you're a wolf and he thinks you're crazy. Well, boy is he gunna get bitten ;D

#9 2011-12-09 17:41:54

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Skaithe wrote:

i am extremely introverted

That's the worst kind of person to ask for advice: they sit around thinking and not doing.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#10 2012-01-01 22:48:46

Tala_MoonDream_WolfGirl

Shoot me a message on facebook sometime and we can talk. smile Look me up: Taneil Rayne Garvie (Tala Moondream)

xxMoonDreamxx

#11 2012-01-05 10:54:43

BlackWolfMarwood

Skaithe wrote:

Im an arctic wolf.
message me, and get to know me if you like.
I am a loner, and i enjoy that lonely atmosphere,but my true call is to lead a pack, and i have been in the position before, and yearn for it again.
For now however i want to meet more like me, so say hi if you think i could be someone of interest.
i dont want to flatter myself, so ill only say i am extremely introverted and mentally accomplished, so if you need someone to go to, or to just talk to about your therian issues, or issues alone, here i am.
one thing you should know, i can tell the difference between the real deal and the fake, so if you dont know, talk to me, ill help you find out.

Sounds a lot like how I am. I dislike large crowds and too much noise. I used to be nuts about being the alpha leader of my online gaming clan that existed for about six years before I let it fall apart. No pack anymore other than my fiance, myself, and our dogs.

#12 2012-01-05 13:39:05

Badseed_666

I don't worry about such things. Being an alpha is over romanticized sometimes. Doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer it, but there's too many people out there claiming they're alphas when they're not and the same goes for people trying to be one. Sometimes you should just appreciate being in a pack. Many of us don't (such as myself) have one for whatever reason (mine being Wisconsin not having many to form a pack with in the first place and that my former one dispersed after a loss of a dear friend).

Last edited by Badseed_666 (2012-01-05 13:41:30)

#13 2012-01-05 17:14:45

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

How do people figure that they are 'alpha wolves'? surely unless you've already been one it's impossible to say.

I particularly don't see how lone wolves can also be alphas - its one or the other, chaps, you can't be both.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#14 2012-01-05 18:51:31

WolfVanZandt
Website

Maybe they're just lone wolves with Type A personalities....

#15 2012-01-06 01:22:53

Badseed_666

Lol all too true. Hence why I'm looking for a pack and not acting like u already have one. *misses old pack*

#16 2012-01-06 18:19:07

SnowCrystal
Website

Most "alphas" have to be rather extroverted to be able to lead a pack. They need to keep the pack in check, and be the head-runners of it, which is a highly sociable role. Most of the less, introverted, wolves are usually of a lesser role in the pack. The demands of the leader would require them to be more sociable and able to discuss important matters with other members.

A white wolf therian living happily with my black wolf dire / grey wolf hybrid mate (also a therian) and best friend who is a skunk therian c:.

#17 2012-02-18 19:12:29

KaraWolfDragon
Website

People are always wanting to lead a pack. They like being the highest ranked member, being in charge of pretty much everything everyone else does. Why be alpha? For a while I wanted to be alpha again like I was in my past life, but I realized I'm not ready for that. So, I'm a beta. My first best therian friend is the alpha, and I'm fine with that. People shouldn't just go around creating their own pack and trying to be alpha, and especially letting random people they don't know join their pack. To me, a pack is more of a family than my blood family. I rather be with my pack than the humans I grew up around.

The feeling of being a therian cannot be described in words. It's not just a label so we an find somewhere to fit in, it is who we are, who we have always been, and who we always will be. No one can change me, this is who I am. For more than ever.

#18 2012-02-25 19:29:43

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

And then the anarchist in the room asks, "Why do we need alphas?  Smash the hierarchy!"

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#19 2012-03-06 18:39:25

Skaithe

Well It's been A while since I've been around. I read everything you guys said, and I'll be honest about the alpha thing. It's like this: I don't necessarily want to lead a pack or be at the top rank, I simply find myself at the front of things almost anywhere I am involved in something. I thrive on leading others through there problems, and in that element my personality flips into "lead" mode as it were. I don't mind being in a pack I don't lead, assuming packs are at all "lead". It is merely that the problems of others usually come to my door, and I tend to have a reservoir of strength/understanding that most wouldn't for handling such things.

And now that you've read that and think I'm an absolutely self absorbed ass, I'll just say that it isn't simple like that. I say these things because this is where my life brings me in social situations. I want to find a pack, my pack (not a pack I lead, but my pack) in which I care about them more deeply than anything, and provide them the guidance to handle their lives as needed.

Also, I'd love to talk to all of you on an individual basis and get to know you better ^_^

#20 2012-03-07 10:29:23

KaraWolfDragon
Website

Well don't just ask people to join your pack, hang out with some therians and if they are good friends, make a pack with them. Don't let the liars join your pack, that already happened to my pack.

The feeling of being a therian cannot be described in words. It's not just a label so we an find somewhere to fit in, it is who we are, who we have always been, and who we always will be. No one can change me, this is who I am. For more than ever.

#21 2012-03-07 11:05:11

Skaithe

KaraWolfDragon wrote:

Well don't just ask people to join your pack, hang out with some therians and if they are good friends, make a pack with them. Don't let the liars join your pack, that already happened to my pack.

Oh, but of course! I would have to extensively know and trust someone to let them in my pack, as well as share that basic connection with them. I've found only one person as of yet that I would have as my pack, and I'm really not even sure if they are interested xD

#22 2012-03-08 20:45:01

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Skaithe wrote:

Well It's been A while since I've been around.

Well, at least you came back to see where the thread went.

I don't necessarily want to lead a pack or be at the top rank, I simply find myself at the front of things almost anywhere I am involved in something. I thrive on leading others through there problems, and in that element my personality flips into "lead" mode as it were. I don't mind being in a pack I don't lead, assuming packs are at all "lead". It is merely that the problems of others usually come to my door, and I tend to have a reservoir of strength/understanding that most wouldn't for handling such things.

So... You have a leadership personality.  You're a "leader" and a "community builder".  That's different from calling yourself the "Pack Alpha".  "Alpha" is something youngsters who really haven't figured it out yet call the "leaders" of their silly "therian packs", and usually the person who calls themselves that is an idiot with an inflated ego.

I want to find a pack, my pack (not a pack I lead, but my pack) in which I care about them more deeply than anything, and provide them the guidance to handle their lives as needed.
Also, I'd love to talk to all of you on an individual basis and get to know you better ^_^

See, this is a much better statement than I've been hearing.  A pack is a mutual thing, it doesn't have a default leader, just different members who enjoy each other.  When you say it that way, I do want to get to know you.  Just understand that others may be better at giving you guidance than you are to them...

KaraWolfDragon wrote:

Well don't just ask people to join your pack, hang out with some therians and if they are good friends, make a pack with them.

Oh, this is good advi-

Don't let the liars join your pack, that already happened to my pack.

BAAAWWWWWWWW!!!

#23 2012-03-09 09:45:20

KaraWolfDragon
Website

Skaithe wrote:

KaraWolfDragon wrote:

Oh, but of course! I would have to extensively know and trust someone to let them in my pack, as well as share that basic connection with them. I've found only one person as of yet that I would have as my pack, and I'm really not even sure if they are interested xD

Good. I wish you luck in finding other people to join your pack. ^.=.^

#24 2012-07-10 23:04:01

yotin

Good luck on finding a pack lol smile

Usually when someone says they're born to be alpha or something along that line I assume they're a narcissistic prick with a grandiose sense of self worth lol it just doesnt feel right when someone wants a pack just to rule over.. an alpha is a leader, not a commander, its someone who takes care of the pack instead of tells the pack what to do. Its that one wolf mentally strong enough and responsible enough to satisfy the demands of the pack while keeping it in line. I use the word pack as an entity, because the strongest sense of belonging and love a wolf feels is through the pack. A bunch of therians gathered off the internet isnt a pack, is a conjugation of random wolves. (I like the term.. werehouse :3 )

I could never be an alpha.. Idk if its past life trauma being leader of a pack or something..

I host all my websites with these guys: www.GreatCanadianHost.com
I liek trains.

#25 2012-09-23 04:18:57

walkingintheshadows
Website

On the topic of alphas, what would you think of a person who was voted to be alpha? Despite the fact that a pack works more as a monarchy than a democracy?

Board footer