The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-01 22:55:06

Tala_MoonDream_WolfGirl

Tails.

I know this is probablly a pointless question, but how many of you guys wear tails too? Comment if you do. smile Thanks.

xxMoonDreamxx

#2 2012-01-02 01:18:20

John Anchondo

Re: Tails.

Uuuhhh......No, wear tails?

Those who don't understand the past are destined to repeat it.

#3 2012-01-02 11:00:27

The Busboy
Administrator

I've seen lots of people wear tails at anime conventions and maybe at a comicon.

#4 2012-01-02 18:10:47

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

I did a few times back in high school.  It kinda felt like my phantom-tail was part of the real one...

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#5 2012-01-02 21:56:41

lupinealchemist

I prefer not to wear accessories and be quiet about my phantom tail.

#6 2012-01-03 01:19:32

Badseed_666

I don't wear them, they make me look stupid as they do other kids. Thera this one poser in school who started wearing a dog collar after she heard about therians from me and started wearing a tail claiming to be one. Ugh, she makes us look so bad >.<

"I will not bow, I will not brake"~Breaking Benjamin
"We are luminous beings, not this crude matter"~Master Yoda
"Trust not your eyes, they deceive you"~Master Obi-Wan Kenobi

#7 2012-01-03 21:08:40

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Tails are for posers. Mainly, if teenagers want to advertise their 'therianthropy' so blatently; it usually means they're faking it to fit in with the cool kids at school and not cause they are actually therians.

Genuine therians in the big world with real jobs don't really feel the need to advertise themselves with such accessories, or so I seem to find. That tends to be the difference between reality and doing something for attention or shock-value.

Just looking at your first few posts on the forum, Tala, you seem a bit tail-obsessed. You do know being a therian has nothing whatsoever to do with wearing an artificial tail, don't you?

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#8 2012-01-04 00:59:54

Badseed_666

I agree. Tails are ridiculous and rather overkill. Most, if not all, of the people I've seen or met that wear them are posers.

#9 2012-01-04 18:36:25

Tala_MoonDream_WolfGirl

Actually ShadyHowl, the "cool" kids at school dont wear tails, all of therians, are more like the outcasts or "rejects" of the highschool, and we are nowhere near "fake"

xxMoonDreamxx

#10 2012-01-04 19:02:14

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Tala_MoonDream_WolfGirl wrote:

Actually ShadyHowl, the "cool" kids at school dont wear tails, all of therians, are more like the outcasts or "rejects" of the highschool, and we are nowhere near "fake"

OHHH I see. So kinda like when I was at high school and I was an outcast so I started dressing all in black and wearing Marilyn Manson makeup. In the same way, you're doing the whole "ZOMG ANGST nobody understands me!" thing and labelling it therianthropy. Fair enough.

Just be aware that you'll more than likely grow out of it. Most 'teen therians' do.

#11 2012-01-04 20:12:07

lupinealchemist

Ok, I'm gonna ask a serious question about phantom shifting. Can it cross with a cameo shift? Cause right now I'm feeling ears, tail, and what I think are wings.

#12 2012-01-05 10:40:48

BlackWolfMarwood

ShadyHowl wrote:

OHHH I see. So kinda like when I was at high school and I was an outcast so I started dressing all in black and wearing Marilyn Manson makeup. In the same way, you're doing the whole "ZOMG ANGST nobody understands me!" thing and labelling it therianthropy. Fair enough.

Just be aware that you'll more than likely grow out of it. Most 'teen therians' do.

It was fun in highschool but I grew out of it. Now I just keep things quiet in the office.

#13 2012-01-05 13:32:31

Badseed_666

It's just a matter of maturity. I don't wear them because they look stupid and are obvious cries for attention. Being a senior in highschool, I can honestly say I never wore them, and I'm not a a "cool kid" or a "reject" or any of that, I'm me. An individual. I stay put of clichè groups, though I friends in each one. Basically, you're just trying to find something to help you find your identity when all you need is your mind and confidence. Being yourself is one thing, but advertising yourself is another. Individualize, instead of advertise, little one. Now enough arguing you two, there is no point in carrying on an Internet argument since winning one is like winning the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded.

#14 2012-01-05 18:53:10

WolfVanZandt
Website

Wings are fairly common for non-winged theriotypes. I have a feeling it has something to do with the body trying to reconcile the phantom with the Realtime body and getting crossed up with thev scalpulae.

#15 2012-01-05 19:14:23

lupinealchemist

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Wings are fairly common for non-winged theriotypes. I have a feeling it has something to do with the body trying to reconcile the phantom with the Realtime body and getting crossed up with thev scalpulae.

Hmm... I was worried that I was turning into a hybrid otherkin, cause I've cameo dream shifted into winged mythical animals before.

#16 2012-01-06 02:36:19

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

lupinealchemist wrote:

I prefer not to wear accessories and be quiet about my phantom tail.

I prefer to run around naked screaming "I'M A WEREWOLF ACCEPT ME!!!"

OMG, you're in OUTKAST?  I LOVED 'HEY YA'!

lupinealchemist wrote:

Ok, I'm gonna ask a serious question about phantom shifting. Can it cross with a cameo shift? Cause right now I'm feeling ears, tail, and what I think are wings.

Yes.  Actually, part of how I used to try cameo-shifting was imagining myself with that shape, so I'd usually get a pretty heavy phantom body.

lupinealchemist wrote:

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Hmm... I was worried that I was turning into a hybrid otherkin, cause I've cameo dream shifted into winged mythical animals before.

Oh, I have dreams where I'm all sorts of things.  I was a tentacle monster from the por- I MEAN MATURE JAPANESE CINIMA -that I watched recently a few nights ago, and I occasionally dream that I'm my current roleplaying character: a female space-goblin with a shotgun strapped to a blaster-rifle. (see, having both strapped together gives an added punch)  She's a Hockey Mom too.  I think I was making pancakes for the kids with a plasma-torch before I left for the day of space-monster butt-kicking...

Wait... This is off topic...

ANYWAY!  Just 'cause you dream of being something doesn't mean much other than that it was in your head at the time.  Now back to me "Mature Japanese Cinema"...

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#17 2012-01-06 15:36:12

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

SherlawkDragon wrote:

OMG, you're in OUTKAST?  I LOVED 'HEY YA'!

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff32/evildrew81/scary%20stuff/Joker.gif

#18 2012-01-06 18:37:46

SnowCrystal
Website

I wore a faux fur tail and ears at an anime convention before, but I would not be caught dead wearing it around town or in your case, "at school" (I am no longer in school of course, I just work now). I do not like to publicize my therianthropy. I do like to let my wolf side out when I can, and anime conventions and furry conventions enable me to do just that, and also express it artistically. :3 I am also getting a full fursuit made of my therian side (white gray wolf... but people confuse it for an arctic. It is not the subspecies though ^^).

A white wolf therian living happily with my black wolf dire / grey wolf hybrid mate (also a therian) and best friend who is a skunk therian c:.

#19 2012-01-07 18:21:46

Siverwolf

I don't think it matters whether a therian wants to wear a tail or not, it's their own preference.  And there are times when it can be better fitting to were a tail of your therian type like at a Howl or such.  Whether you do or not doesn't matter. 
Like, I am of scotch/irish decent.  That doesn't mean I feel like I need to where a kilt.  Whether I do or not dosen't mean anything.  If I go to the highland games I might wear a kilt and some like to wear a kilt around the house or out hiking.  Wearing a kilt symbolizes celtic identity.

We shouldn't judge or discriminate someone, especially the youths out there who may roleplay and feel they need to where a fur tail.  Those individuals are simply exploring their identity which very well may be therian.  After all it's proberly their therian side manifesting itself through the game.

Siverwolf.

Homo - Lycanthropus

#20 2012-01-07 18:33:35

WolfVanZandt
Website

And, after all, on the news cast I saw on YouTube, just about all they said (school personnel and parents) was positive. We could do a lot worse for publicity.

The host of one of the Howls I went to early on carried some of us to Toccoa Falls which is on the campus of a small, North Georgia college. He drove there, hiked up to the falls, and drove back in a full werewolf suit (Fastclaw is an excellent builder of Werewolf body suits and accessories) and the people who saw us was very positive. People loved him - and it wasn't a cutsey furry suit, either. It was definitely a werewolf suit.

#21 2012-01-07 19:18:37

Siverwolf

I'd really like to see Fastclaw's werewolf suit if there is a link or website.

Sivewolf.

Homo - Lycanthropus

#22 2012-01-09 20:10:41

WolfVanZandt
Website

O.o

I don't know if he has his stuff anywhere on line or not. He moderates WereNation, y'know so I guess you could get in touch with him there (I assume that WereNation is still up and running. It's been awhile.

#23 2012-01-12 13:04:02

Tala_MoonDream_WolfGirl

I've been therian for as long as I can remember, I didnt always know the correct term for it up until 5th grade. I'm pretty sure if I havent grown out of it by now, I'm not going to....

xxMoonDreamxx

#24 2012-01-13 11:10:13

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

I've been therian for as long as I can remember, I didnt always know the correct term for it up until 5th grade. I'm pretty sure if I havent grown out of it by now, I'm not going to....

...you're still at school, so I wouldn't rule anything out right now if I were you.

#25 2012-01-14 04:16:29

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

I am a conformist and agree with ShadyHowl.

Board footer