The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-03-10 01:46:27

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Forum Fodder! - Random Topic about: Starseeds

Hey guys,
I've noticed a lack of activity recently, so I've decided to try something to get things moving again.  I'm going to go to Therian.Wikia and hit the "Random Article" button, then we're going to talk about the article that comes up (unless it''s something that doesn't warrant a discussion, in which case I'll hit it again).  Sounds like a fun game, right?  Alright, Let's go...

*hits button and gets....*
Starseeds

MOTHER OF GOD.  REALLY?
For those who don't know, Starseeds believe they are aliens who were sent here by giant soul-cannons to study or alter the world.  It's probably one of the weirdest, most controversial groups of otherkin out there, and guess what?  That's who we're talking about in this thread!

DISCUSSION TIME, GO!

Edit: Just wanted to note, though I shouldn't have to, that Starseeds are a real group of people within the community, and that you should remember that when responding.  Try and be fair and balanced and not just blatantly insulting towards them: I'm going to be doing that enough myself.

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2012-03-10 02:10:38)

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#2 2012-03-10 04:11:33

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Re: Forum Fodder! - Random Topic about: Starseeds

Ok, this is a great one because it's both pervasive and controversial.  Starseed is one of the most out there occult-identities listed on the Wiki, and it's not uncommon to find a couple of them on a given Otherkin forum.  Most people are relatively respectful to them, but the more scientifically based thinkers tend to be extremely skeptical of them.

I remember the first time I came across them: it was in a thread on some wacky Otherkin board.  One of them had drawn a simple diagram of the earth, his origin planet, the inter-stellar-astral-passage he'd been sent along, and the mothership which was coming to earth.  I'm pretty sure I burst out laughing at how silly this was, and said some stupid things about how silly it was, to which the forum members responded that "this is all standard stuff" and "The mothership has been on its way for quite some time".  (I ended up getting banned from that forum, but that was years and years ago, and is neither here nor there)

Now, I don't try and tell anyone what beliefs are ok to hold: whatever keeps the boat afloat works.  I will say though that it is a massive leap, even from therianthropy, to believe that someone has been spiritually sent here by an alien race as part of some overbearing "mission".  It's not that big of a leap to believe that aliens exist on other planets, or that this astral stuff exists, or that aliens on other planets are involved in that.  The leap is to believe that another, alien race, has developed astral-soul-catapults to send members of their race to our planet, and that you specifically got here from that.  The idea is interesting to ponder, but it's quite grandiose.

Now, this isn't to say that I haven't met some very down-to-earth Starseeds (no pun intended), but I do think the idea in itself tends to come with alot of silliness and overly-magical thinking, or worse, escapism.  I would hope that anyone who believes this would take a very careful, through look at why they believe this and how they act on it.

And that's me for now on Starseeds.

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#3 2012-03-10 14:03:15

torchwolf

...I have to admit that this is the first time I've heard these otherkin called "starseeds", but I have run into them before, on other sites. One turned out to be a very unwell human who, later on, committed suicide. One continues to run her site, and I check in with her occasionally. The other two, well, they disappeared. Where they are now, I simply don't know. That is all I know about this, so I'll back out.

#4 2012-03-17 00:34:25

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Coming off of what I just said to Random over Skype:

When I really think about it, Starseeds aren't so weird.  When you factor in the fact that some people think that therianthropy is a reincarnation thing, and that some of those people believe in weird soul-rotation setups and "higher purposes", the idea that some of those souls in the rotation are purposefully sent from other planets isn't that far a leap.  Also, angel/demon kin are out there too, and quite a few of them talk about a sort of celestial hierarchy that their souls are part of.  So if you're into the wacky spiritual stuff, it's not a hard thing to believe in...

Random thinks it sounds like Scientology though.

#5 2012-03-17 18:25:05

lupinealchemist

SherlawkDragon wrote:

Random thinks it sounds like Scientology though.

Except Starseeds doesn't exist only to suck down money like blood parasites.

#6 2012-03-19 02:23:19

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

...A bit off topic, but ok...

Board footer