The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2012-03-03 19:40:15

KaraWolfDragon
Website

Re: Before you ask...

Again, what?

The feeling of being a therian cannot be described in words. It's not just a label so we an find somewhere to fit in, it is who we are, who we have always been, and who we always will be. No one can change me, this is who I am. For more than ever.

#27 2012-03-04 13:36:44

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Google is your friend.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#28 2012-03-04 18:21:13

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

This is what it's like to talk to VanZandt.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#29 2012-03-05 20:16:38

WolfVanZandt
Website

Wait, people have been talking to me?!!?? Did I miss something. Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my chin......

#30 2012-03-06 16:11:40

torchwolf

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Wait, people have been talking to me?!!?? Did I miss something. Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my chin......

...and with that series of informative back-and-forths, and the personality revealed within, WolfVanZandt becomes the first member of this pack that I'll be paying a bit more attention to. I think I like you, somewhat. My first day strolling around, and you manage to impress. smile

#31 2012-03-06 18:24:12

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Look out, VanZandt, you've got a stalker.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#32 2012-03-07 08:53:28

torchwolf

ShadyHowl wrote:

Look out, VanZandt, you've got a stalker.

...I'm keeping an eye on him, and you're keeping an eye on me. We all watch until we're sure; that's the way of things. He reminds me of an old friend, sadly now gone.

#33 2012-03-07 10:33:35

KaraWolfDragon
Website

Torchwolf, you know this is not a roleplay site, right? I've seen your posts and it kind of looks like you're almost roleplaying, talking about the woods and stuff.

The feeling of being a therian cannot be described in words. It's not just a label so we an find somewhere to fit in, it is who we are, who we have always been, and who we always will be. No one can change me, this is who I am. For more than ever.

#34 2012-03-07 10:46:09

torchwolf

KaraWolfDragon wrote:

Torchwolf, you know this is not a roleplay site, right? I've seen your posts and it kind of looks like you're almost roleplaying, talking about the woods and stuff.

...sure, KaraWolfDragon, I'm fully aware that there's no roleplaying happening here. That's just how I express myself. When I talk about strolling in and out of "the woods", I just mean that I'm going from one spot on this site to another. Sorry if I confused you or gave you reason for concern. I'll try to speak more plainly from now on. smile As I replied to ShadyHowl above, we all watch each other until we're sure.

Last edited by torchwolf (2012-03-07 11:26:25)

#35 2012-03-07 18:42:50

WolfVanZandt
Website

Coooool. I like stalkers. They taste better than the average person-in-the-dark.

What /were/ we talking about......?

#36 2012-03-08 07:59:43

torchwolf

...seems that you (the group you, not any individual) were discussing knowing if you're a therian, how you'd know, and the general history of the term, with WolfVanZandt going into the history, mentioning the Neuri, the original werewolves in Herodotus' History, and when the deeper information was about to be tossed about and discussed, I came and said hello, and the thread got a bit off course. Given ShadyHowl's paw point toward Google, I gave thought toward just going over there, but I'd really like to listen to WolfVanZandt's opinions about it before I go running off without a map to follow. He does seem like he knows what he's talking about. By the by, I'm no stalker; I just think I recognize intelligence when I read it. (shrug) smile

#37 2012-03-08 12:39:19

BlackWolfMarwood

WolfVanZandt wrote:

I believe that Therians are Neanderthal atavisms descended from the Neuri. From another angle, I believe that Therians are natural animal shamans in that they are set up neurologically to have shamanistic experiences. They don't all end up having those experiences but the frequency is provocative. From yet another angle, I believe that Therians are neurologically wired to have a life experience very similar to various nonhuman animals and I believe the temporal loves are a main focus of the atypical neurology.

A very compressed summary but from what I can pick out, I completely agree with this. I  have always been attracted to shamanistic experiences. I differ though in some aspects. I believe I am reliving this life, having been given a second or third chance to fix my mistakes by means of time travel. I also believe I have lived hundreds, if not thousands of lifetimes before throughout history and have been reincarnated repeatedly through different areas of life. I look through the eyes of an elder but am living in the body of a twenty four year old and the flesh is easily distracted with the small details of the here and now. I must remind myself frequently.

Last edited by marwolf (2012-03-08 12:42:41)

#38 2012-03-08 19:09:04

WolfVanZandt
Website

Ah, I like TorchWolf. I want to keep him around. He can be my hippothalamus......

But I could go on and on like this forever. Do you have any specific requests? I can do "Come to Me My Melancholy Collie."

#39 2012-03-08 20:49:50

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Mmmm.... hippothalamus......

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#40 2012-03-09 09:47:11

KaraWolfDragon
Website

torchwolf wrote:

KaraWolfDragon wrote:

...sure, KaraWolfDragon, I'm fully aware that there's no roleplaying happening here. That's just how I express myself. When I talk about strolling in and out of "the woods", I just mean that I'm going from one spot on this site to another. Sorry if I confused you or gave you reason for concern. I'll try to speak more plainly from now on. smile As I replied to ShadyHowl above, we all watch each other until we're sure.

Okay, just checking.

#41 2012-03-09 17:45:04

WolfVanZandt
Website

Oops.....I meant hippocampus....but then, "hippothalamus" (which was mispelled, anyway), "hippocampus".......what's the difference? Right?

#42 2012-03-22 11:11:35

WerewolfLeaAnn

to the person who said that hanging around those like yourself is good, yes it is. Being a leader of a House/Pack now, and having been a member of one before it definitely helps you grow. I didn't really 'grow up' and mature until I met them. They answered many questions I had, and helped me understand and even accept myself even more and become comfortable with it.

Generally to people new to therianthropy I suggest them to try to meet with those like themselves but proceed with caution. I always generally suggest reading up on spirituality, and different spiritual practices. When I think about how I was a few years ago, I wince but also I thank some people who were there with them.

"I feel the Change, back to a better day, the hair stands on the back of my neck, wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself!"- Metallica, "of wolf and man"

Board footer